Soldiers who Suffered from PTSD Misdiagnosed as Personality Disorder

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 10:46 am
@High Seas,
Not through it but over it, shooting film down into it..
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 11:32 am
anyone who believes what the Pentagon or VA administration says is a damn fool and congress is the facilitator.
Diane

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 11:59 am
@High Seas,
Great link. This makes PTSD much more understandable and makes the treatment standards even uglier than most of us are aware.

The Congress is ultimately responsible for the VA budget. Since the Korean war, Congress has found cutting services to vets an easy way to spend that money on other things, things that are politically favorable to their constituents.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 12:56 pm
@Diane,
Not only that, but congress (and president) spent money foolishly (as in pork); many billions were "lost" in Iraq. Our government is never wise in their fiduciary responsibilities - and that's both democrats and republicans.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 04:03 am
@Diane,
http://www.army.mil/-images/2010/07/28/81477/size0-army.mil-81477-2010-08-12-090857.jpg
http://www.army.mil/-news/2010/07/28/42934-army-health-promotion-risk-reduction-and-suicide-prevention-report/index.html
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 03:49 pm
@dyslexia,
Not getting involved in useless wars would logically be the first step - before blaming the VA, Pentagon, or Congress:
http://restrepothemovie.com/themes/site_themes/restrepo/img/the-story-thumb.jpg
http://restrepothemovie.com/story/
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 03:50 pm
@High Seas,
Why hasn't our government learned that very simple lesson?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 04:13 pm
@Diane,
Give credit where due. You can assign this one to Bush. I got entered into the system while Clinton was President.

Hope that makes you feel better than it does me.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 04:14 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

anyone who believes what the Pentagon or VA administration says is a damn fool and congress is the facilitator.

I don't listen to the Pentagon but the folks at my local VA hospital are doing the best they can. I can't help from being a fool. That's who I am. Besides I can't afford to look a gift horse in his or her mouth.
roger

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 04:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
Sore throat? Either she was anatomically challenged or she meant to write 'pain in neck'.
dyslexia

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 04:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
the folks at my local VA hospital are doing the best they can
agree, my comment was about the administration not the personnel.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 04:29 pm
@dyslexia,
Then you are correct as always dear sir! http://i45.tinypic.com/2wlyf45.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 04:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm sure there are vets who believe they have received good health care from the VA. I wonder why the Veterans of Foreign Wars disagrees with how good the vets are treated.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 04:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Maybe they didn't get a free lolipop the last time they went to see they're GP? Sounds like a good theory if I don't say so myself.... Surprised Cool
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 04:52 pm
@roger,
In any case, I feared to be in their hands, after that. Years later, they brought my father in law back several times. What did f-i-l in was not the personell, who did their jobs, but the red tape that told him oxygen was just too darned expensive to keep letting him have some.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 05:01 pm
kinda reminds me of the BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs) and the common expression around here "never need medical care after the 1st if May because that's when the budget runs out"
I guess the V>A. health care system operates in a similar fashion. So, bottom line is still Congress.
High Seas

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 05:52 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
... So, bottom line is still Congress.

Congress is twice guilty - once for overlooking its constitutional duty as the only part of the government able to declare war and twice for refusing to vote the funds necessary for covering the war-related expenses after hostilities are over. Jefferson was so right, and his advice was so trashed.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 11:07 am
Finished watching Platoon again last night on VCR. It won Best Picture in 1986, and considered one of the best movies of the war in Vietnam. Chris Taylor, played by Charlie Sheen, is the observer and narrator of the story. The movie shows all the disgusting things that happened during the Vietnam war including the brutality against the Vietnamese people, and how the soldiers out in the field fought each other as the enemy. The platoons leaders, two sergeants, are at each others throats, and one ends up killing the other while in cross-fire combat - intentionally. Charlie Sheen ends up killing the other sergeant in the end.

Many people on these threads don't understand what happened in Vietnam, and believe our country always stands for honor. They need to educate themselves about how our military performs out in the battle fields whether its Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan. When you don't know who the enemy is, war becomes secondary to how lives are changed. Look what happened to Tilman.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 11:55 am
@dyslexia,
What really happened goes back to the first director, George Custer. Just before leaving for the Little Big Horn, he instructed his assistant "Don't do a thing till I get back."
dyslexia

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 12:19 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

What really happened goes back to the first director, George Custer. Just before leaving for the Little Big Horn, he instructed his assistant "Don't do a thing till I get back."
well maybe but I hear his orders when approaching Little Big Horn was "don't take any prisoners."