Problem connecting to the internet

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 07:58 am
Hi,
I've got a dell laptop and when i try connecting to the internet it wont connect for me. It dials up correctly and when it reaches the stage to check the username and password it stops up. I've tried using different internet service providers but its the same problem with them all.

Any ideas of the problem or a solution? Post if you need more information.

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 711 • Replies: 7
No top replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 08:22 pm
Sorry, I can't help you Rebelstar, but I'm bumping your thread up to the top of the pile. Maybe someone will then pick it up.

Actually, have you called the help line for Dell and/or your internet provider?
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 01:38 am
Just a thought -- I've had a similar problem with my dialup connection... I just kept trying and eventually I got thru. It didn't seem to have to do with my computer, but I'm just a novice at that sort of thing...

...good luck with it!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 09:18 am
littlek, how do you bump a thread up to the top of the pile? I really need help with my MacProblem posted today but it's about halfway down and nobody has replied!
0 Replies

johnn1949

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 02:56 pm
call your provider and they can help you fix your settings. If you don't have 2 phone lines use a cell phone while you are trying to dial up.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 04:58 am
Clary wrote:
littlek, how do you bump a thread up to the top of the pile? I really need help with my MacProblem posted today but it's about halfway down and nobody has replied!

By entering a post as LittleK did. The index sorts the subjects by time and date stamp according to the latest post.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 05:01 am
Thanks Btrflnt, most kind of you!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 05:04 am
I know from people at work that the help line for Dell is a waste of time. And that some people have had massive problems with Dell laptops. Even after they've been serviced. ISP seems your best bet.
0 Replies