Genetic Engineering- morality vs. benefits

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 07:44 pm
@Telamon,
Quote:
I’m sure the victims of said contagions will say otherwise...
Then I'd guess that you are still a kid....according to you cripples would all be miserable, and once you do some living you will find out that this is not true. Only those who adopt the victim mentality tend to be uniformly unhappy.
Telamon

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 08:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
I’m sure the victims of said contagions will say otherwise...
Then I'd guess that you are still a kid....according to you cripples would all be miserable, and once you do some living you will find out that this is not true. Only those who adopt the victim mentality tend to be uniformly unhappy.

Let me pose this too you. Say a child had terminal cancer and is bed ridden day in and day out, practically comatose off drugs. Life is watched through his window at the hospital, viewed but never lived. But he is not the only “victim”, his family Is as well, wishing their child could go and live life to the fullest. Your telling me, said person and family, would not be happier if his condition was cured, and him returned to normal health status? Too say no is just plain ignorance at its best but I’m supposed to be the “child” here who has “done no living” apparently, so according to you, must be talking out of my ass…

If the Child is not a victim in this scenario then what is he? If I have been shot in the head by some random criminal escaping a scene of the crime and rendered crippled in a wheelchair unable to control my body , am I not a victim there either?

fyi-
Nice of you too assume I generalize all of the afflicted as "miserable cripples”, or assume anything about me for that matter. Generalizations are just that, an oversimplification of a whole which can be construed and taken out of pretext easily. But alas, it is something everyone does whether they meant to or not.

0 Replies