New Movies - The Ring

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 07:22 am
My husband and I saw "The Ring" last night. There were plenty of shock scenes and the audience, gasped and screamed, annnnnnnnnnnnd I have to admit I kept my eyes closed when I expected a shocker to appear on the screen. Overall the movie left me puzzled. I'm not sure what the point was, or even what really was occurring. Has anyone else seen this film? I don't want to ruin the film for those planning to see it, I just want another viewpoint about the film. Thanks, glitterbag

PS Maybe I've seen too many movies.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,438 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 06:38 am
I'm sure that Lightwizard will assure you that you cannot possibly have seen too many movies. Have you read The Lord of the Rings? I've not seen the movie, so i don't know to what extent it follows the second volume of the series--The Two Towers--although i suspect it would make little sense if you've not seen the first movie, and don't know the triology.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 11:26 am
"The Ring" received lukewarm reviews mainly because it actually has no clear resolution -- it's a funhouse movie, in other words.

Check into LOTR "The Two Towers" News as I pasted the Time Magazine article (the December 2nd issues has a cover and inside spread on the film and the history of the books). Jackson admits to making the most changes to the second book.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 12:05 pm
I haven't seen "The Ring" (either Japanese or US version), but the US version trailer is very good. I'm looking forward to see it, even if I know it's going to be manipulative.
0 Replies