scrolling

Diane

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 11:51 pm
Quite often, I can't seem to scroll evenly when reading an email or, on a2k, when making a post (then scrolling down to read it before posting). When I scroll down, it goes directly to the bottom and when scrolling upward, it keeps going back to the bottom.

While I'm at it, the little noise to alert me when I receive a PM isn't working.

Help, please?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 773 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 01:42 am
I recently started having that same scrolling problem in the last few days, but have noticed it on other sites besides A2K. I think it is coincidental to my downloading and installing AOL 9.0 but can't swear by it.

Are you an AOL user, Diane? If so, wonder if they've screwed something up again.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 01:52 am
Might be, Diane, the problem is due to an update for the IE.

Since Microsoft's latest security patch, Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 SP1 (KB824145), the page advances TWO screens per click on scrolling.

The vertical scroll bar is now distance sensitive. If you click near the slider, you'll scroll up or down one screen, as before. If you click far away from the slider, you'll advance two screens
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 02:14 am
I've noticed erratic scrolling behavior on some computers (not just in websites).

As to the PM sounds they were removed about a year ago.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 04:44 pm
Thanks, all. I have been down with a bad cold and wasn't able to respond before now.

I don't have AOL, so I guess the IE update is the problem, Walter. I'll try clicking close to the slider.

As for the PM sound having been removed about a year ago...... Embarrassed
0 Replies

jpowell

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 03:04 am
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/howto/accessibility/smoothscrolling.asp

that should do the trick.. I think..:-)

*a note--smooth scrolling is on by default(I think), so you would want to turn it off..
0 Replies