Who Do YOU Blame For The Recent Oil-Spill?

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 09:47 am
Hi All!

As it says, "Who do you blame for the recent oil-spill?"

Big business? Society? The UN, CIA, God (whichever relevant)?, or maybe the yanks - like everyone else?

Let me know, if you don't mind. I have a keen interest in resolving this issue.

Thank you, and have a great day everyone! (exception - excludees; will name if requested)

Mark...

rosborne979

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 10:09 am
@mark noble,
I blame "The House that Jack Built".

The US Society of the 1800's created a system of government which has evolved into a system which allows business to have undue influence on large national issues. It's not just the oil industry. It's pervasive. And I don't know how to fix it.
Intrepid

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 10:12 am
@mark noble,
By latest, do you mean the one in the gulf or the one in Michigan?
mark noble

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 10:12 am
@rosborne979,
Hi Ros!

Do you perceive it to be fixable then? I don't. That door is long closed.

Kind regards!
Mark...
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 10:16 am
@Intrepid,
Hi Intrepid!

The one in the gulf! I am not aware of the one in Michigan. Tell me - Is it into the lake or landborn? Do you have rigs in L. Mich?
I've never considered "The Lakes" being bored for oil! They're NOT, ARE THEY?

Kind regards!
Mark...
Intrepid

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 10:17 am
@mark noble,
I am not in Michigan. I am in Canada. The spill was in a creek that is connected to the Kalamazoo River which links to Lake Michigan. I heard it is about 1 million gallons. It is a pipeline burst.
mark noble

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 10:34 am
@Intrepid,
Hi Intrepid!

I am in Wales, so I'm never likely to hear about it.

Love the name of that river!

The same applies to this - Who is to blame?
Allow me to add "Ultimately" to the question.

Kind regards!
Mark...
Intrepid

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 10:41 am
@mark noble,
I think the biggest part of the blame for the gulf tragedy goes to BP. Cutting corners, mismanagement etc. is a big part of it. The U.S. government also has a stake going way back for pushing for more oil drilling and not doing enough to ensure the safety of deep water drilling. The people who allow the governments to operate in a manner that is not good for the environment are also, somewhat, to blame.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2010 07:09 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

The US Society of the 1800's created a system of government which has evolved into a system which allows business to have undue influence on large national issues. It's not just the oil industry. It's pervasive. And I don't know how to fix it.
The UK too.
0 Replies

CBBrew22

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 02:36 pm
@mark noble,
BP is responsible and should be taking care of this. I feel like measures should have been taken before the fact to prevent something like this from happening. Yes it was an accident but why weren't there plans for fixing the problem before it even happened? Preventative measures should have been taken or at least backup plans should have been talked about in case something like this ever happened.

There's a project starting to raise awareness of the BP oil spill and its one we can call contribute to. This video is a trailer for the film but I guess what they are trying to do is to get locals who are effected by the spill to contribute their own footage and to conduct their own interviews and send them in to be involved in a film about what happened. It looks like it could be a great way to get involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkqLn49Hmzg
mark noble

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 02:42 pm
@CBBrew22,
Hi CB!

Nice to meet you!

Is the shooter to blame? The guy who sent him? The target?

Dig deeper, my friend!

Kind regards!
Mark...
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 02:57 pm
@mark noble,
CHINA. They made the goddam defective BOP. The Korean firm doing the close-out on the well had been lowbidder and they used some rickety equipment. Ultimately BP must own up. They were the Prime and the owner.
mark noble

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 04:03 pm
@farmerman,
Hi Farmerman!

BP produces a product that society demands. Yes, they rake in a stupifying profit, but only when demand is high.

Is the sweetshop owner responsible for the child's rotten teeth? Is the dealer responsible for the junky's suicide?

We have to, I believe, take a closer look at who exactly is responsible for some, if not all, of the disasters of recent, and those pending.

You, me, all of us... are to blame, my friend, for we are the true facilitators of destruction.

Have a great day, farmerman!
Mark...
djjd62

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 04:06 pm
i blame creation and or the creator
dyslexia

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 04:13 pm
New Orleans was established by the french, need i say more?
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 06:19 pm
@djjd62,
Hi DJ!

Cheering to see you, my friend!

Have a fantasmagorical everything!

Mark...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 07:18 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
You, me, all of us... are to blame, my friend, for we are the true facilitators of destruction.

I have to be more practical in my forensics, sorry , while I appreciate your thoughts, I certainly dont subscribe to them.
mark noble

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 08:25 pm
@farmerman,
Hi Farmerman!

Of course! I often forget that I am no longer posting to an all philosophically-minded collective. Do excuse me.

Kind regards!
Mark...
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 05:29 am
@mark noble,
curious, why would the philosophically minded fail to see the obvious?
mark noble

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 08:24 am
@farmerman,
Hi!

Because the philosophically-minded look beyond the obvious. That's the point. Don't you think?

Kind regards!
Mark...