Side Of The Fence! Which One Are You On?

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 05:43 pm
@mark noble,
http://www.comics.wombania.com/cartoons/2009-08-24-fence-sitting.jpg
http://www.comics.wombania.com/2009/08/fence-sitting/
mark noble

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 05:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hi Tsar!
I like your new avatar!
Have you been getting posting lessons from Djj?

Have a great one!
Mark...
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 05:55 pm
@mark noble,
Djjd has been my officially assigned a2k mentor since I joined up. However, I don't think anyone has told him yet.
Telamon

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 06:48 pm
@mark noble,
What if worms had machineguns?
mark noble

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 07:11 pm
@Telamon,
Hi Telamon!

You Well?

Why would worms have machine-guns?

How would they pull the trigger?

How would they mine and refine metal ore to make them?

If compatible for use by a regular worm, they'd be really small and insignificant to anything bigger than a medium-sized grass spider.

Have you seen one?

Have a fantastic day!
Mark...
Telamon

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 08:02 pm
@mark noble,
It’s simply an expression to illustrate that the “what if?” turn of phrase can lead down an endless and eventually pointless road. When applied to a scenario (such as the original post) with no constraints it evolve to reach everywhere yet nowhere.
mark noble

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 02:03 am
@Telamon,
Hi Telamon!

I know that... But should we, for argument's sake, confine ourselves to the likely possibilities rather than heavily-armoured worm fantasies.

Anyway - Second verse later... That'll throw more description on the issue.

Have a brilliant day, Telamon!

Mark...
0 Replies

fast

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:21 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
A) Depends on how much you care about your wife.
Well, I did say, "in my eyes," but even if I hadn't, it would still be better, even should it be that I don't find it better for me.
mark noble

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 08:22 am
@fast,
Hi Fast!

What if the 'slayer' were a soldier and he saved a city by his actions, and the 'pilgrims' were escaped psychopathic mass-murderers in the guise of roaming gypsies?

Mark...
fast

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 09:35 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Fast!

What if the 'slayer' were a soldier and he saved a city by his actions, and the 'pilgrims' were escaped psychopathic mass-murderers in the guise of roaming gypsies?

Mark...

I don't feel like I know where this conversation is going.

mark noble

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 10:04 am
@fast,
Hi Fast!
That is because it is in reverse, and you are likely unacustomed to conversing in reverse.

Mark...
fast

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 12:27 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Fast!
That is because it is in reverse, and you are likely unacustomed to conversing in reverse.

Mark...
If you can't bring clarity to this conversation to help alleviate the confusion, then I don't suppose you'll be bringing any aspirin to alleviate any headaches that may result.
0 Replies

Telamon

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 06:53 pm
@fast,
fast wrote:

mark noble wrote:

Hi Fast!

Mark...

I don't feel like I know where this conversation is going.

That is because at this point it isn’t. You are being sucked into a “what if” continuum where time and space are subjective to imagination and endless possibilities. Get out while you can!!!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 06:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
i'm a what now Confused
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 07:14 pm
@Razzleg,
I'm with Razzleg; the quotation has no real meaning. There are always differing circumstances which may favor one over the other at different times or scenarios.
nunidots

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 02:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Youre right, you could come up with different circumstances that could make one appear better than the other until your dead. But i think the point is to do away with circumstances and look at it like a moral issue.
Is it better to have sinned and to own up to it? Or to be part of a group of liars who "bear greetings and goodwill." And as liars you can assume their goodwill is false, or at least in question.

I have to agree with mark
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 02:32 pm
@nunidots,
Well, it does make a difference under which circumstance one can be favored over the other. There are times when bad people do bad things that may have positive results for somebody else. Morals is in the eye of the beholder.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 10:23 pm
@Telamon,
Hi Telamon!

It can't 'reach nowhere', because nowhere doesn't exist!

Kind regards!
Mark...
Telamon

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 12:42 am
@mark noble,
Thought I was speaking with people who could decipher a turn of phrase for its suggestive meaning instead of its literal, my mistake.

PS: What if there was a parallel universe where “absolute laws” as we know don’t exist, and "nowhere" was reachable in an abstract sense?
mark noble

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 07:24 am
@Telamon,
Hi Telamon!

I can't possibly speak for alternate universes or dimensions. Hypothetical question always begin with an 'if'. You are now leading me into a zone of fantasy.

I would adore to explore the realms of other universes with you, maybe on another thread though?

There is one of mine here somewhere: "Does Nowhere exist?".

Thank you Telamon, and have a fantastic everything!
Mark...
0 Replies