Sixth sense Projection technology for computers

dadpad

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:04 am
This and other videos seem interesting. Certainly if this is real it would seem to open many possibilities. And apparently this technology is open source.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLEEiQZOYDs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrtANPtnhyg&feature=related

I'd welcome comments and discussion From those among you that are more tech minded.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,622 • Replies: 5
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:32 am
@dadpad,
Interesting concept
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:39 am
@dadpad,
I couldn't watch just one.

When I was young it was amazing playing the simple pong game. Progression to destops and laptops was inevitable. Touch screens brought a whole new dimension to computing. Smart phones are now commonplace.

We are still only scratching the surface. You are right. The possibilites are amazing and are only limited by man's imagination.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:50 am
@Intrepid,

Of sight, of sound and of mind . . . the next step . . .
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 06:37 am
@Intrepid,
Quote:
When I was young it was amazing playing the simple pong game.

Did you see them playing pong on the floor of the train?

I'm not convinced it would be as easy as shown in the video. In order for an image to appear on a sheet of paper or wall the projector would need to be focused and steady in the right place. That is something that would be difficult to achieve as in the video the projector seemed to be around the mans neck. In addition a mirror was being used. (not sure what for).
When browsing books the computer was able to render the book audible. Is text to speach even possible?
Intrepid

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 06:48 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

Quote:
When I was young it was amazing playing the simple pong game.

Did you see them playing pong on the floor of the train?

I'm not convinced it would be as easy as shown in the video. In order for an image to appear on a sheet of paper or wall the projector would need to be focused and steady in the right place. That is something that would be difficult to achieve as in the video the projector seemed to be around the mans neck. In addition a mirror was being used. (not sure what for).
When browsing books the computer was able to render the book audible. Is text to speach even possible?

Yes, it was the pong game on the floor that reminded me of the old pong game. I remember my glee when I was able to program a pong game on my old TI99A. (I still have my TI packed away).

Video cameras have come a long way and it would be easy to have a tiny camera placed on one's person to achieve whay they are doing. I imagine that the mirror was used to reflect the image back to the surface. (paper or whatever)

Text to speech is something that is already being done.

I can forsee microchips being embedded in all types of things that would enable a person to more easily do the things that they are talking about. Everything from medical information to membership information would be within everybody's grasp.

I currently use my Blackberry to keep all types of information from the entire NKJV bible to birthdays to reminders to spreadsheets to calendars to personal information and can even take a picture and send it by e-mail within seconds.

The future is there to be explored.
0 Replies