Phobias: Well, what are you afraid of?

fishin

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:05 pm
It seems everyone is afraid of something. What's your phobia?

Mine is heights (Acrophobia). Not a "step ladder" kinda thing but more than 20 feet up or so things start getting weird.

http://www.phobialist.com/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,789 • Replies: 72
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:09 pm
not really concerned about heights but i have always been wary of widths.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:10 pm
I fear success but everyone around me tells me I have nothing to worry about.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:11 pm
I am terrified that my computer will become so corrupt that I will have to reformat the hard drive. I would rather have root canal than reformat a hard drive!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:23 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I am terrified that my computer will become so corrupt that I will have to reformat the hard drive. I would rather have root canal than reformat a hard drive!

Laughing

Reformatting a hard drive is no joke though Crying or Very sad, it's a neuroses-giving annoyance even for all...

Hmm... I don't fear much. I fear death and loneliness.
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:25 pm
I have a hair phobia.....ewwww.......I wonder what the technical term is for that?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:31 pm
My crappy Greek knowledge would suggest chaetophobia..
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:32 pm
By the way, what's the weirdest phobia of which you have heard? I know people (acquaintances) who are afraid of having their knees touched, and there was someone who feared ketchup with a fervour.
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:34 pm
Are you following me drom...lol?.....oohh and you were right on the dot chaetophobia, thanks.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:39 pm
Well, I don't think, I fear anything so much to call it phobia.

However, as a child, I had quite a few: doing homework, going to school, doing the washing up and ... the worst: getting coal (for the central heating/ovens) from the outsite coal hovel in the dark.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:40 pm
kerver wrote:
I have a hair phobia.....ewwww.......I wonder what the technical term is for that?

Fear of hair = "Chaetophobia"
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:40 pm
Me - suffering - a long hard illness, immobility and pain, seeing loved ones in pain. Otherwise not much else.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:46 pm
Husker wrote:
Me - suffering - a long hard illness, immobility and pain, seeing loved ones in pain. Otherwise not much else.

Oh me too... those would be terrible.

Kerver wrote:
Are you following me drom...lol?.....oohh and you were right on the dot chaetophobia, thanks.

Yeah, all you have to do really is think of the Greek version of the English word, and stick on phobia.

And no, why would I be following you? Why, why?

(Runs away from bushes around Kerver's house, paranoid) Ah, she realised! Kerver's finally onto my trail and I... damn.
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:51 pm
lol drom! Funny though i don't recall ever seeing you before today, nice to meet you.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 01:58 pm
I'm trying to get over the pepper spray at the moment... aggh.

I've been quiet up until recently, which is why you haven't seen me.

It's a pleasure to meet you too. Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 02:10 pm
Heights, definitely. Planes don't bother me, but anything open... About had a heart attack visiting the Grand Canyon when I was only 22.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 02:12 pm
dyslexia wrote:
not really concerned about heights but i have always been wary of widths.

LMAO!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 02:16 pm
I am deathly afraid of bad jokes. I have had this very crippling phobia for as long as I recall. I caused a great deal of dissension in my family by avoiding one particular uncle of mine for this reason.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 02:18 pm
Two blondes are walking in the woods when they come upon a set of tracks. "Look, deer tracks" says one. "No, those are moose tracks!", says the other. Anyway, they were still standing there arguing when the train hit them.

Ba-da-bing.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 02:41 pm
Blood and injury - and a bit spiders...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Phobias: Well, what are you afraid of?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:44:26