Phobias: Well, what are you afraid of?

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 09:19 pm
I love New York. I could go there for a visit at the drop of a hat if my life were so ordered to make it possible.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 09:23 pm
Maybe a friend or two could arrange to meet you there, or go with you, and help you with this, littlek. :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 09:25 pm
Beth be one of aforementioned friends.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 09:33 pm
I'm tethered to my job by a pager. I don't go far, ever.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 09:36 pm
well, I have friends here, online friends in NY, family in southern CT. i could find someone to go with.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 09:39 pm
Maybe one day when I retire I will get to return.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 09:40 pm
April 10 - May, 2004
Chihuly Exhibition
Marlborough Gallery, New York, New York

http://www.chihuly.com/schedule.html
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 09:41 pm
you know how i feel about Chihuly ...

http://www.chihuly.com/gr_hits/M021M.jpg

What do I fear? running out of time to do all the things I'd like to do.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:12 am
Bees!

While I was at my [late] Grandma's 90th birthday party a bee started buzzing around me and those who were outside said I turned white as a sheet.

There also was a guy on my HS football team who was terrified of seeing fluids taken out of his body; he wasn't afraid of blood or needles though.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:24 am
In addition to heights, I'm not great with crowds, especially on the subway.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:29 am
I'm with Neo. Bees, wasps, buzzing insects in general. It's a primal fear. I hear them and go cold and white as a sheet, just as you described. Totally irrational, but....

bbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GET OUTTA MY WAY!!!!! (running at top speed)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:48 am
The more you run from them, the more likely they are to ATTACK. Feel their Zen, and you shall be unafraid.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 09:15 am
I was afraid of flying for the 24 yrs I had kids to be in charge of/alive for. Now they're grown up, I feel better about the flying. But I still carry valium in case!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 09:22 am
My mother swings at bees and that's the worst thing you can do. I ignore bees and they are kind enough to leave me alone ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 09:23 am
Oh, flying!!!!! I will never fly!!!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 09:27 am
I always get the jitters just before boarding a plane, but after that I have fun.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 09:36 am
I like flying, but since the Turkey bombings and the world practically going mad, I've favoured ferries and trains :-I.

I dislike heights that are not secure... about fifteen or twenty years ago, when I was young, my grandmother and I fell down a slope (luckily grassy) near Mount Leinster...

I dislike wasps... and cockroaches and beetles *shudders*
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 09:49 am
I desperately fear someone may slip okra into my food. Yucko.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 09:56 am
Heights tend to be what makes me become imobile. The heights are rather small, like riding on a horse--I'm very aware of how much it will hurt if I fall off the horse. Up in a plane, the height doesn't seem to bother me.

Enclosed places, crowded cocktail parties--I start feeling like I have to get out into some fresh air.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 10:09 am
Diane wrote:
Enclosed places, crowded cocktail parties--I start feeling like I have to get out into some fresh air.

I'm with you on this one, Diane; I feel suffocated in enclosed spaces. I don't have a fear of them, I just have a feeling of uncomfortableness...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:11:27