What About The People

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 10:35 pm
My belief is not my insurance that I will get past the gate. And I didn't say that all non believers will be sent away.

For starters...there are those that are not taught that there is a God....that don't know any better...I don't believe they are sent away. I believe those that didn't teach them will be held accountable for that action.

But I believe that if you are taught about God and have made the choice not to believe in him, that yes, he will not know you and will be turned away. He has given and will give everyone ample opportunity, over and over again to gain thier salvation through him, if you choose to take it, thats up to you.....

Secondly...my insurance, is my faith and trying to live by God's standards.

Yes, I have a very difficult time with it....I'm not perfect, I make plenty of mistakes. But thats what seeking out God and prayer is for....to ask forgiveness, seek salvation, to repent for you sins. It doesn't mean I can run out and kill someone and say..."Hey lord, I really really didn't mean to do it"...with my fingers crossed behind my back and hoping that he believes me. For it has to be true forgiveness that you are seeking, it has to come within the heart....

Even as condridicting as this may sound...I believe that even the worst of the worst can go to heaven. The thieves on the cross that hung beside Jesus went to Heaven. All they had to do was ask.....and believe....

Ever read the story of Job? He was a rich man, that had everything in life that a man could have. The Lord allowed for Satan to toy with him....told him he could do anything to him that he pleased, but he couldn't kill him or take his soul. He was plagued with boils, blisters....lost all his cattle, money....title....children. Everything, his wife kept telling him to curse the name of God. He wouldn't. His friends told him to curse the name of God....he wouldn't..for he had faith in God...this went on for years. And when the Lord seen that no matter what was done to him, that Job wouldn't turn from him...Job was given everything back and much more. That is called FAITH......and Believing.......

Like I said in my first post.....its your preference.

So.....just chalk it up to your so called calling card experience, I just know that I'm not a dime short.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 10:47 pm
Whatever we cannot easily understand we call God; this saves much wear and tear on the brain tissues.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 12:03 am
I tend to believe that there is a God, but I really don't think much of it.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 12:10 am
Well I was thinking I might have been one of the few Christians here at A2K - Wink
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 11:04 am
Husker I hold belief in the Christian God and the Devil believe it or not...I just don't swallow all the crap that goes along with it anymore.....and since it is impossible to figure out all the details, I just stopped paying attention and I'm going about my business.......one things for sure...I don't think Christians have much to do with Christ....
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 11:15 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Husker I hold belief in the Christian God and the Devil believe it or not...I just don't swallow all the crap that goes along with it anymore.....and since it is impossible to figure out all the details, I just stopped paying attention and I'm going about my business.......one things for sure...I don't think Christians have much to do with Christ....

Thoughts and questions I try to observe and live by:

1. when I arise "God \ Jesus" "What will you have me do today for your glory?"

2. when I retire at night: "Is what I've done today good and pleasing?"
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 11:25 am
good and pleasing to who?

God? He doesn't answer and in fact everytime something bad happens the answer is God works in mysterious way.

We are supposed to guarantee our behavior to God with no guarantees in return in this life, with a vague afterlife carrot waved in front of us.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 11:43 am
Bi
Quote:
good and pleasing to who?
the God \ Jesus I mentioned.

I do get plenty of answers - now that opens up the pot for examination right? I've gotten enough answers and conformations that there is no vague carrot for me. But - know I'm not here to pass condimnation on you or be in your face.
I do also believe in: "Think and let think"
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 04:00 pm
Thank you husker, I was beginning to believe that I was the only one in this forum that believed there was a God. I don't claim to be a "christian", just a true believer.
0 Replies

frankemp

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 06:32 pm
''GOD LIVE'S''
Twisted Evil the way some fill about GOD , I can understand. ''it's satan''

I love the lord ,but I get mad at him at time's,my life has been very sad,and at time's full of anger.not being able to understand ''WHY!!!!!!!!!! THING'S HAPPEN THE WAY THEY DO!!!!.
BUT I fill very confussed a lot of times and sorry for getting angry at GOD. I have felt like saying [hell with it all] how can their be a GOD,and if it is a GOD he musssssst hate me.
BUT I must let you know at one time I wanted to take my life,and still do at times,BUT I don't for this reason below

THE night I was going to take my life, GOD new I had given up on life, I had no more strength to even open my eye's.
the room I was in was ''pitch black'' a calm filling came over me and a bright yellow gold light surrounded me and the head of the bed and at that moment I saw my mom's spirit and with out a word I felt god's love around me. IT was no doubt that it was ''GOD''. and even though i still stuggel each and every day,I can not wonder if their is a god [for i know he was in my room that cold sad endless night[ FOR ME]] AND ONLY ME THAT NIGHT. ARE WAS HE THEIR JUST FOR ME? [maybe it was ment for those of you that are reading this, my testomony that GOD live's Very Happy
oh one more thing [the next day i woke up.and looked over my head where the bright light was and to my surprise, a pitcher of jesus
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 07:55 am
makemeshiver33
What exactly are God's standards. Question I am looking for a sign to tell me which religion has an in with God. I would hate to think I spent all these years sitting in the wrong pew. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 08:01 am
I hate my Job. When will I be able to move on?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 08:32 am
Cav...(shaking the eight ball)....ask again later...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 08:39 am
Heh heh...
0 Replies