Mel Gibson, Racist, Sexist, and Violent--Has He Gone Too Far?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 11:38 am

There is something to be learned from Mel 's latest misadventure,
qua: TRUST.

He TRUSTED Oxanna not to be taping his telefone rage.
Did that prove to be a wise policy ?

"Wise is he who learns from his mistakes,
but WISER is he who learns from the mistakes of others." (source unknown)

David
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 11:41 am
If he shot her, she would probably be dead. That's the thing about guns. You kinda can't just wait until you get shot. You've gotta be like, "Is this ************ capable of shooting me?" Translation: Is he a crazy sonofabitch?

And this whole thing about the tapes being edited. She didn't splice words together, surely. Take "wetback," for example. I doubt he originally said, "I'll get back to you after I save the wetlands." And she probably doesn't own technology that enabled her to infuse the tone of his voice with drunken rage.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 11:41 am
@OmSigDAVID,
She does claim he pulled a gun on her.

Quote:

And the details are far worse than what has been known up to now. Mel punched Oksana TWICE in the head, and choked her with his forearm pressing into her throat after she fell onto the bed – while holding the baby, she told authorites.

Mel is facing a criminal investigation on domestic battery charges by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and is part of a Department of Children and Family Services investigation.

Here are the complete details about what authorities are investigating:

On January 6, Oksana says she attended a basketball game for her 12-year-old son Alexander, who goes by the nickname Sascha. Gibson was furious that she left their infant daughter Lucia home with a nanny and was also jealous that she was around other men.

The nanny witnessed Mel storming around the house, slamming doors and growing furious. The nanny was so frightened that she took Lucia and hid in a bedroom, according to Oksana’s statements.

“When Oksana came home Mel began cursing her,” a source with knowledge of the investigation told RadarOnline.com exclusively. The Oscar-winning actor/director screamed profanities, consistent with what is on the audio tapes obtained and released exclusively by RadarOnline.com.

Then things took a near deadly turn.

Oksana asked Mel to calm down when she returned to his Malibu house in the early evening.

“Mel punched her in the mouth and then again in the side of the head,” the source told RadarOnline.com.

She was holding Lucia and the force of the punches caused her to fall backwards onto the bed.

Mel placed one of his forearms into Oksana’s neck and began choking her. He took his free hand and pushed it over her mouth and she struggled to breathe. She struggled and begged him to stop.

“Oksana has told authorities it was horrific and she thought she was going to die,” the source said.

The punches broke Oksana’s front teeth, as can be seen by the exclusive photo of her injuries obtained by RadarOnline.com

As she begged Mel to stop while he was choking her, Mel kept screaming for Oksana to apologize.

Oksana’s son Sascha, whose father is former James Bond star Timothy Dalton, was in the bedroom the entire time this took place, and he was scared to death and will be a crucial witness.

He was interviewed by child protective services agents last Friday.

Oksana finally was freed from Mel’s grip and jumped up to leave but she says Mel then pulled a gun from the pocket of his short, pointed it at her head and threatened to kill her, Lucia and Sascha, as well as himself, in an apparent murder-suicide plot.

He reportedly yelled “F*ck you” and called Oksana a “F**king c*nt.”

Somehow, however, Oksana was able to run out of the house, wearing her pajamas and barefoot, with Lucia and Sascha.

After Oksana fled, Mel called her repeatedly and threatened her. Investigators will be looking at those phone records.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/07/world-exclusive-mel-gibson-punched-oksana-twice-choked-her-then-threatened-murder
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 11:49 am
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

She does claim he pulled a gun on her.

Quote:

And the details are far worse than what has been known up to now. Mel punched Oksana TWICE in the head, and choked her with his forearm pressing into her throat after she fell onto the bed – while holding the baby, she told authorites.

Mel is facing a criminal investigation on domestic battery charges by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and is part of a Department of Children and Family Services investigation.

Here are the complete details about what authorities are investigating:

On January 6, Oksana says she attended a basketball game for her 12-year-old son Alexander, who goes by the nickname Sascha. Gibson was furious that she left their infant daughter Lucia home with a nanny and was also jealous that she was around other men.

The nanny witnessed Mel storming around the house, slamming doors and growing furious. The nanny was so frightened that she took Lucia and hid in a bedroom, according to Oksana’s statements.

“When Oksana came home Mel began cursing her,” a source with knowledge of the investigation told RadarOnline.com exclusively. The Oscar-winning actor/director screamed profanities, consistent with what is on the audio tapes obtained and released exclusively by RadarOnline.com.

Then things took a near deadly turn.

Oksana asked Mel to calm down when she returned to his Malibu house in the early evening.

“Mel punched her in the mouth and then again in the side of the head,” the source told RadarOnline.com.

She was holding Lucia and the force of the punches caused her to fall backwards onto the bed.

Mel placed one of his forearms into Oksana’s neck and began choking her. He took his free hand and pushed it over her mouth and she struggled to breathe. She struggled and begged him to stop.

“Oksana has told authorities it was horrific and she thought she was going to die,” the source said.

The punches broke Oksana’s front teeth, as can be seen by the exclusive photo of her injuries obtained by RadarOnline.com

As she begged Mel to stop while he was choking her, Mel kept screaming for Oksana to apologize.

Oksana’s son Sascha, whose father is former James Bond star Timothy Dalton, was in the bedroom the entire time this took place, and he was scared to death and will be a crucial witness.

He was interviewed by child protective services agents last Friday.

Oksana finally was freed from Mel’s grip and jumped up to leave but she says Mel then pulled a gun from the pocket of his short, pointed it at her head and threatened to kill her, Lucia and Sascha, as well as himself, in an apparent murder-suicide plot.

He reportedly yelled “F*ck you” and called Oksana a “F**king c*nt.”

Somehow, however, Oksana was able to run out of the house, wearing her pajamas and barefoot, with Lucia and Sascha.

After Oksana fled, Mel called her repeatedly and threatened her. Investigators will be looking at those phone records.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/07/world-exclusive-mel-gibson-punched-oksana-twice-choked-her-then-threatened-murder

Thank u, Firefly; your point was very well made.
If these allegations are true, then I stand corrected.

David
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 01:25 pm
@firefly,
Where are the bruises on her mouth? Flesh is softer than enamel and flesh damage would be more pronounced than a chippied tooth. I see no swollen lipes or cuts. It would have to be a very powerful punch to damage the tooth. Maybe her tooth just got chipped on chewing some hard candy with nuts on it.

Mel's business is no concern of mine. Just curious about the picture and allegation.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 01:38 pm
@firefly,
Maybe Oksana is a ******* ****, and maybe she is a passive aggressive as Mel claims, and additionally maybe she gave every bit as good as she got. We will never know, and the law does not care....it will be the man who's aggressiveness is masculine instead of the female with the feminine aggressiveness that he accuses her of that will see the inside of a cell. The law does not respect equality of the sexes, does not promote it, it is in fact prejudicial and is riddled with perceived bias.
wandeljw

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 02:24 pm
@firefly,
"World Exclusives" from radaronline.com must have less credibility now than they did before.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 03:06 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

dlowan wrote:
How DID they become public, by the way?

she taped and released them, and some experts are saying they are highly edited in her favour

Have you ever tried to edit a conversation to make it say something other than it does? It's not easy to do! As a matter of fact, it's pretty hard to do unless, and I'm guessing this what people are referring to regarding these tapes is you make a tape of a conversation, completely cut out one person and then add in another person inbetween the other one speaking. You can't just take words here and there and move them to make changes because they will not sound right. Do you think that is what she did? Taped a fight, had her original responses cut out and then made a tape with cool, calm, and collected responses? If she did, then I feel no sympathy for her just as I feel none for Mel.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 03:10 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

Where are the bruises on her mouth? Flesh is softer than enamel and flesh damage would be more pronounced than a chippied tooth. I see no swollen lipes or cuts. It would have to be a very powerful punch to damage the tooth. Maybe her tooth just got chipped on chewing some hard candy with nuts on it.
So she could easily chip her tooth on a piece of candy with nuts on it but in order to damage a tooth it would take a very powerful punch? Um......................... Confused
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 03:22 pm

I don 't mean to be unkind in saying this,
but the historical evidence suggests that Mel needs help
from a competent, talented mental health care professional.
It appears to me that if he fails to get such help, to purge the anger
that he has been carrying around, then even if he avoids
future crises such as those that we know of,
he will not enjoy the rest of his life as he coud
in a state of good mental health.

He also needs a chauffeur; not to keep driving himself around
in varying states of sobriety.

David
talk72000

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 03:39 pm
@Arella Mae,
I have chipped my tooth and there is no swelling just like the picture. I am not accusing anyone just my observation. I think Mel doesn't think with his brain it is farther down. I read in neuroscience that all the thinking is not necessarily in the brain.

There are nerve cells in all the organs and together with the brain make decisions (i.e. desire and course of action). There are stories of people with heart or stomach transplants changeing their taste in foods and music after the operation.
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 04:15 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

I have chipped my tooth and there is no swelling just like the picture. I am not accusing anyone just my observation. I think Mel doesn't think with his brain it is farther down. I read in neuroscience that all the thinking is not necessarily in the brain.

There are nerve cells in all the organs and together with the brain make decisions (i.e. desire and course of action). There are stories of people with heart or stomach transplants changeing their taste in foods and music after the operation.
I only meant it sounded rather odd that you could chip your tooth on a small piece of hard candy and yet to damage the tooth (chipping is damage) it would take a powerful punch? I think I understand what you mean though. Thanx for explaining!
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 08:46 pm
A possible answer as to who has been leaking the tapes...

Quote:

Sister of Mel Gibson's Ex Under Suspicion
By Allison Hope
Reuters
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - There may finally be an answer to the question of how the audio recordings of Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva ended up posted on Radaronline.com.

Several sources confirm that Oksana Grigorieva's younger sister, Natalie, is suspected of having leaked the audio tapes to the online website and is currently being looked at by authorities.

"I suspect that if the authorities look at the sister, they'll find a wire transfer or a check to her from the website," alleges a source close to the case. "She and Oksana are very close."

Another informed source also claims that Grigorieva's sister was involved in first shopping the audio tapes to various media outlets before finally making the sale to Radar.

"All the tabloids said no to the deal because they were asked to purchase the audio tapes hearing them," says another source.

If Oksana's sister is found to have brokered the deal at the behest of her sister, it's possible that the Russian singer could be found in contempt of court.

Grigorieva could also be facing possible extortion charges, based on a text and emails that she sent Gibson. In the text message, Grigorieva wrote Gibson that the reason she recorded him was because "you broke your agreement with me."

Grigorieva on Thursday claimed she balked at signing the long form settlement custody agreement because it gave Gibson unsupervised visits with their child.

"The statement is completely false. This never happened," counters a source close to the case, adding, "This is the third explanation that she's offered for why she backed out of the agreement."

In a custody hearing before the court, Grigorieva's lawyer argued that she repudiated the agreement because she felt "coerced" and because she was "misadvised" by the retired judges overseeing the mediation.

Representatives for Grigorieva and Gibson could not be reached for comment.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=11232476
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 09:53 pm
dilli333 wrote:

hi,
I don't think any amount of P.R. spin can help to salvage Gibson's career now. He has self destructed.

I am turned off just looking at him now. I have no desire to sit through his movies or to contribute to his income.
thanks
regards,
phe9oxis,
http://www.guidebuddha.com
According to the newspapers,
his net worth exceeds $300,000,000 so his career does not need
to succeed in the future, because it succeeded in the past.

Sadly, he does not appear to be enjoying it much, tho.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 09:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Maybe Oksana is a ******* ****,
Only PART of her, Hawkeye, not the whole Oksana; ergo, the birth of their daughter,
but this is not related to the dispute in question.

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 08:10 am
Given the skill she set him up with those tapes it had enter my mind that one can only hope that Mel had a DNA test done to make sure that the child is in fact his.

The child being the only real economic hold she have on him.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 05:32 pm
No one MADE Mel Gibson say all those filthy things he said. He has no self-control. You cannot edit a tape to make it sound like a perfect rant like that. His antisemitic rants in the past ought to give a clue as to what kind of temper he has.
djjd62

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 05:39 pm
@Arella Mae,
true, but her part could be edited, Mel's a hot headed douchebag to be sure, but she knows the buttons to push to get the tape she wanted

interesting that the uproar died out pretty quickly after her side of the story started to be questioned
firefly

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 06:48 pm
Quote:

Nanny Mel Gibson called a 'wetback' has died
August 16th, 2010 11:19 am
Mel Gibson may be breathing a sigh of relief this morning. The nanny who was one of the few people to actually witness him in a state of uncontrolled rage, hours before brutally assaulting girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva, has passed away.

RadarOnline reports that the unidentified nanny, who never formally made a statement to police, lost her battle with stage four cancer over the weekend.

The nanny was home with Gibson's a infant daughter Lucia, while Grigorieva attended her 12 year old son Sasha's basketball game, when the Braveheart star showed up at the home. Sasha is the son of actor Timothy Dalton.

According to statements Oksana made to authorities, the nanny became so frightened as Mel furiously stormed through the house spewing expletives and slamming doors, she took baby Lucia and hid in a bedroom.

Mel was heard on one of the leaked tapes referring to the nanny as a 'wetback'. On the incriminating audio Gibson threatened to report the nanny to the authorities, saying, “I will fire (name omitted) if she’s at your house. I will make it known and fire her. I’ll report her to the f*c*ing people that take f *c*ing money from the wetbacks, ok?”
http://www.examiner.com/tinseltown-headlines-in-los-angeles/nanny-mel-gibson-called-a-wetback-has-died-1

0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 07:00 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

true, but her part could be edited, Mel's a hot headed douchebag to be sure, but she knows the buttons to push to get the tape she wanted

interesting that the uproar died out pretty quickly after her side of the story started to be questioned
That may be djjd62. I guess we will never know. But no matter what she did or didn't say, Mel is still responsible for his own mouth.
0 Replies