Blogger for a dummy

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 07:08 am
I have frontpage 2000. Anyone know I can publish my blogger blog to my frontpage page? I realize that you guys have answered this several times, but I need help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,758 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 07:20 am
You will need to setup the blog to publish the content to your website using FTP
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 02:24 pm
The way I did it was to create a blank page in my Frontpage web and then use the Inline Frames feature of Frontpage to nest the Blogger page inside my Frontpage.

I instructed Blogger to FTP my blog page to the root directory of my hosted website and then I have the IFrames display the content of that file inside the IFrame.

One word of caution (not totally sure this is a correct assumption Embarrassed ) Using the IFrames method requires you to use the Frontpage scripts and also requires a website host that offers compatibility with the Frontpage scripts.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 02:27 pm
"not totally sure this is a correct assumption"

It's not. ;-)
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 07:54 pm
Yup, using iframes requires neither scripting nor Frontpage extensions. Wink (Although I suppose it is possible that some versions of Frontpage might write bizarre code that forces you to use such things.)
0 Replies