Regarding Time Travel

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 01:40 am
I came across something that seemed to puzzle me a bit. Say in the future time travel is possible. What do you think happens to the people in the past. Do you think that though in the modern day they are deceased they can actually feel? Or do you think that going back in time really only the time travelers are the ones that act as conscious beings? For further clarification, the people in the past, do they act like conscious people or are they (since dead) sort of mindless people?

Just some food for thought!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,757 • Replies: 9
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 01:44 am
@tkdboy 14,
If time travel becomes available in the future, it is obviously available now. I haven't seen any problems, and won't.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 02:20 am
@roger,
Roger
Thrôt globally
0 Replies

tkdboy 14

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 10:11 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

I haven't seen any problems, and won't.

What do you mean problems? I don't quite get what you mean?
roger

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 11:01 am
@tkdboy 14,
Why, if time travel happens in the future, it also happened now, didn't it? If you don't see problems now, there won't be any. They would have already occured.
0 Replies

validity

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 06:33 pm
@tkdboy 14,
Hey there tkdboy 14 !

Although I do not subscribe to the notion of backwards time travel as described in your post, your set up is that the time traveler visits the past i.e. the instance when the visited beings were conscious. If the traveler visited a sort of mindless people then, the traveler is not visiting the past, rather a modified version of the past. This by definition would not be time travel.

djjd62

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 06:36 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
If time travel becomes available in the future, it is obviously available now. I haven't seen any problems, and won't.

i feel pretty mindless some days, do you suppose there's a time traveller around at that time
0 Replies

tkdboy 14

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 10:50 pm
@validity,
validity wrote:

Hey there tkdboy 14 !

Although I do not subscribe to the notion of backwards time travel as described in your post, your set up is that the time traveler visits the past i.e. the instance when the visited beings were conscious. If the traveler visited a sort of mindless people then, the traveler is not visiting the past, rather a modified version of the past. This by definition would not be time travel.

i like this response!
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 02:02 am
I already exist in all possible times, why would I need to travel?
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 02:12 am
I am presently traveling through time, the catch is I only get to do it once.
0 Replies