Bookmark ?!?!

McTag

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 12:39 am
If you post "bookmark" then it goes into "Your Posts", and then the thread is easy to find.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 12:50 am
I'm thinking the "At a Glance" might be a solution.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 01:03 am
Ok, I get it. You folks are using the Your Posts feature of the message boards as a Favorites list.

What I was describing here is a way to be able to do the same thing by using the Favorites/Bookmark feature of your browser.

If you're using Internet Explorer or AOL's browser, it's called "Favorites." Netscape calls it "Bookmarks." You can add/delete/edit entries on your list. The method I described earlier is how to get the URL for the specific post/thread you want to retrieve at a later time. You click on the Favorites/Bookmark tab in your browser toolbar and then choose ADD to add the top window's URL to your list. Later, you again click on that Favorites/Bookmark tab, locate the thread's URL in your list and click on it to read the thread.

Husker's idea about using the At A Glance feature will also work if you don't want to mess around with the browser lists.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 10:48 am
Thanks, B'net; that's what I was talking about. Add to your IE favorites or Netscape bookmarks list and then delete the favorite or bookmark once you've posted to the topic.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 11:01 am
I'm with the bookmarkers - "Your Posts" is my way of tracking where I've been.

I usually make some kind of comment and say "back later" or something similar if I can...just seems more polite!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 11:31 am
I'm with the others in saying that I track them through "your posts". I don't want to start putting threads in my favorites or bookmarks because I alreally have a ton of stuff in both of those, so I guess I'll go Kitchenpete's route and post something other than bookmark.
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 07:42 am
Craven (or other developers of a2k out there) , would it be very difficult to code in a special bookmarking feature, like a button besides 'post reply' and 'new topic' that would just add the topic to a list of 'Watched topics' that already exists conveniently?

I am expressing a great desire for such an option because i find the browser-favorite and posting 'bookmark' options inadequate. As far as I can see, I't snot only me..
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 11:08 am
I created one before based on existing code and it was buggy. I plan to create another one in the future as time permits.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 11:45 am
I wondered what happened to 'watched topics'. I used that occasionally to keep track of things. I hate hate hate getting email updates, and putting stuff in 'favourites' is, well, for favourites. Now I just wander around for the most part.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 11:47 am
Watched topics still exists, but it's always been a list of threads with email updates.

The old on-site favorites will come back once I rewrite the feature to avoid previous bugs.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 05:52 pm
So where is the option to make something watched?
I wanted to put something on 'watched' about a week ago, and couldn't find a way to make it watched.

I think I only have one thread on updates (dys' birthday), so it would be 'watched'?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 06:03 pm
I don't mind the "bookmark" response at all .... It indicates that the poster is reading your thread, finds it interesting & will probably be continuing to read further ....
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 06:08 pm
yep, what msolga said.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 06:13 pm
I only mind a bookmark when it is the only post when I do read from updates, which is every morning... but then I only mind it slightly.
0 Replies