pc automatically shuts down

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 06:09 pm
I just want to know what seems to be the cause of my pc prob that shuts down automatically.I tried opening it again and again but same thing happens,it will restart like the usual and it will only shuts down when i try clicking on any icon it shuts down again automatically in a normal way.I reformatted it,and runs normally again.Is it caused by a virus or power supply problem?I have not cleaned my pc for a year now.If that's the prob,why did it run normally again after reformatting.Im using windows vista btw.Hope you guys can help.Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,777 • Replies: 3
No top replies

salima

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 07:44 pm
@len022182,
len022182 wrote:

I just want to know what seems to be the cause of my pc prob that shuts down automatically.I tried opening it again and again but same thing happens,it will restart like the usual and it will only shuts down when i try clicking on any icon it shuts down again automatically in a normal way.I reformatted it,and runs normally again.Is it caused by a virus or power supply problem?I have not cleaned my pc for a year now.If that's the prob,why did it run normally again after reformatting.Im using windows vista btw.Hope you guys can help.Thanks!

ah yes, the dreaded restart problem. do you live in india and have an hcl?

i thought it was because of overheating, though i was not getting an overclocking error in the bios. so when the weather cooled down i called the men to clean it for me and it seemed to be fine. but now, a week or two or four (lost track of time now) later it is doing the same thing again.

i would have to have the worst power input in the world, but i am using a black box...forgot its technical name, but it gives me power surge protection and about five minutes battery backup so when the power goes i can save my stuff and shut down properly. but i would think it doesnt cover low voltage problems, which i have also.

i havent had the time to search the web on this yet, so if you find out anything more please post here and let me know and i will do the same if i get any information.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 08:27 pm
@len022182,
I'm scanning right now for something that had me shutting down as I came up again and again.

we'll see shortly what it catches...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 09:29 pm
malware picked up and cleaned out. problem gone.
0 Replies