Craven De Kere. A man gone mad?

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 06:50 pm
Ok, folks, I'm going to try this one more time.

Earlier I had expressed concern about DeKere and his megalomanic behavior. Phoenix, running to Craven's defense, inadvertently deleted the entire post. She was kind enough to send me a message offering her apologies (Phoenix is female right?) and I reluctantly accepted.

But the damage has been done. The flow of the post shall never be the same.

So, what I had asked was: How many of you think DeKere has gone mad? Some sort of power trip. The way he deletes posts with such a cavalier attitude; the way he chastises long-standing members for trivial matters; his incessant chirping over simple grammatical errors.

Is this the man we want running the board? Should we storm the castle and dethrone DeKere before it's too late? I fear we are approaching dangerous grounds of censorship. I fear DeKere is attempting to mold us in his image.

Thus, the poll.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,972 • Replies: 134
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:08 pm
If you were using that pitchfork to mix cement, we would call you a MORTAR FORKER

When you get all fired up like this Gus,youre getting tabbacy juice down the front of your overhalls
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:13 pm
Why didn't you vote, farmerman? I consider you one of my best buddies on this board and expected you to cast your vote and get this thing rolling.

Instead, you cast disparaging remarks about my sartorial selection.

And... you ridiculed my pitchfork!

Am I an island?

Are all my friends gone?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:19 pm
Quote:
I fear DeKere is attempting to mold us in his image.

Ohmygawd. Imagine over six thousand Craven clones. The mind boggles!
Together, we could rule the world!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:26 pm
sorry Gus, i panicked. Ill go vote now..

oK, I just got back but my chads is hangin. i gotta see a doctor
0 Replies

ossobuco

You skipped an option, Gus -

check - I respect Craven.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Here's a hypothetical question: Would the world, under a multi-national decree, be better served with Dekere at the helm..... or Slappy?

Food for thought.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:28 pm
I gotta think its 'cause he's Slappy's brother. It was tough to choose between that and computer-generated, but in the end, corporeal ogres are more satisfying than electronic ones. What really frosts me about him though is that he doesn't have the decency to pick and stick with a consistent avatar. That rotating-schedule thing he's got goin' on there is clearly the work of a disordered mind. On the plus side, though, his frequent typos make my posting skills look less clumsy by comparison. I kinda like that.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:29 pm
This, from Osso....

Quote:
You skipped an option, Gus -

check - I respect Craven.

Well, now we know who Craven's mother is.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:31 pm
Is this an election or something? It looks like a sneaky snarky campaign poll to me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:32 pm
Unlikely.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:35 pm
Craven often voices opinions I have kept silent about in the interest of community spirit. I thank him for knowing when to step in where I dare not tread.

Yes, he sometimes comes off with an arrogant abruptness that could easily be soothed with a well-placed moment of diplomacy if he devoted the time to do so. However, I've never run into an instance where he wasn't willing to listen to differing opinions and even admit on occasion where he's misinterpreted intentions.

Administering a website like this is not an easy task. His efforts to keep the site financially viable and attractive to advertisers without disrupting the delicate balancing act required to keep the various members happy has been nothing less then remarkable.

Regarding the perceived censorship, someone has to step in when we cease to do so for ourselves. What he and the moderators do in this regard is why A2K and Abuzz are so vastly different.

Why should a member's longevity give them immunity from being chastised when they are treating A2K like their personal playground?

I can't think of anything else to say other then to express my thanks for A2K and the friendly community atmosphere that is maintained here for the majority of the membership.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:35 pm
I agree with CdK's mom; its unlikely this is a campaign poll Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:36 pm
Acquiunk- Have you ever seen any campaign that WASN'T sneaky snarky?

I like that phrase, "sneaky snarky". It kinds of rolls off my tongue.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:38 pm
Kraven is god; I mean, he's the kreator of this here A2K. Even a atheist like me has some admiration for Kraven.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:40 pm
'Course, "Sneaky Snarky" fits CdK pretty well, even if there's no campaign goin' on.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:43 pm
<Frowning>
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:44 pm
Butrflynet is obviously DeKere's sister. How the hell can I carry out this campaign with nepotism reigning supreme?

DeKere has us surrounded.

My worst fears have been realized.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:45 pm
And what the hell is Osso frowning about?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:52 pm
My dear Uncle Gus, your usual bluster seems exceptionally exacerbated today, and, a new feature, is directed personally at someone I esteem. Your enlistment of others in your perhaps temporarily vile vendetta (or, is it a birthday wish) is not well worked out, indeed it is full of gapped teeth.

Please, uncle, go and have a liedown in the back room and think a bit more on this fierce facade.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Craven De Kere. A man gone mad?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:48:53