Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2012 05:40 pm
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2012 11:59 pm
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 03:35 am
I wrote:
liking this mostly because it doesn't sound like anything else i've ever heard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1e_xAnMi3k

new one...

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 06:08 am
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 06:01 pm
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 10:06 pm
Izzie

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 10:07 am
@hingehead,
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 11:28 pm
It looked like snow

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 06:44 am
Stoner Space Rock? Something wicked this way comes

Krumple

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 04:21 pm
@hingehead,
Something a tad bit heavier and fun.

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 06:58 pm
@Krumple,
Damn girl I must be old enough to be your daddy but surly I could be wrong. A heavy metal Chick? I would have never guessed with the logical mind that you have shared. Shocked
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 02:44 am
Great song great video.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 09:43 am
reasoning logic wrote:

Damn girl I must be old enough to be your daddy but surly I could be wrong. A heavy metal Chick? I would have never guessed with the logical mind that you have shared. Shocked

Well don't mis-judge me (smiles) I don't like all heavy metal. I am very selective when it comes to music. I don't like bands, I don't like genres, I like the songs. This one has a lot of passion in it and not all of their songs are like this. I don't even really like the band but I like a few of their songs. Not all the music I listen to is heavy. I generally like the stuff that slips through the cracks sort of speak.

A little note about the song if you didn't pick it up. He is screaming about judgement day. As you know I am not religious and definitely not christian yet I like a song where a guy is yelling about the end of the world coming. Notice the irony?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 04:15 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
This one has a lot of passion in it and not all of their songs are like this. I don't even really like the band but I like a few of their songs. Not all the music I listen to is heavy. I generally like the stuff that slips through the cracks sort of speak.

Not as an insult to heavy metal but I could never make out what they are saying. Can you or do you have to read the lyrics first? Maybe I have a hearing and comprehension problem when it comes to that. "I have to admit that I have these problems in other subjects as well. "not that I am downing myself but rather speaking the truth.

I am more of a melody person but I will listen to anything to try and see different view points. I really do not like heavy metal nor do I like rap but I can find value in it if I can understand the words.

I would like to share a rap song with you that I think is very creative but is very sick as well. Believe it or not I find this raper to be trying to promote morality on other fronts.
He seems to be a human rights supporter even though I think some of his stuff can be sickening.

He seems to be intellectual in my opinion when it comes to his political thinking.

We are all so different but yet we can add value to each others thinking if we try and listen.

Krumple

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 04:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Not as an insult to heavy metal but I could never make out what they are saying. Can you or do you have to read the lyrics first? Maybe I have a hearing and comprehension problem when it comes to that. "I have to admit that I have these problems in other subjects as well. "not that I am downing myself but rather speaking the truth.

Well some times I have the same problem, but you know, I actually like when I can't understand the lyrics. I make up the words and the songs sometimes take on a different meaning. Occasionally when this happens if I ever learn what the real words are, sometimes I'm disappointed and liked my words better. Just something I noticed that I do and enjoy it. So it's not always bad that you can't make out the words.

reasoning logic wrote:

I am more of a melody person but I will listen to anything to try and see different view points. I really do not like heavy metal nor do I like rap but I can find value in it if I can understand the words.

Well you like what you like, no fault in that. That is the beauty of music and also a dark side of it. People seem to judge people on the music they enjoy as if there is something wrong with them if they like a certain genre or style. You can't help what you like. I say, you really don't pick the music you like, the music picks you. cliched yes, but it's true.

reasoning logic wrote:

I would like to share a rap song with you that I think is very creative but is very sick as well. Believe it or not I find this raper to be trying to promote morality on other fronts.
He seems to be a human rights supporter even though I think some of his stuff can be sickening.

He seems to be intellectual in my opinion when it comes to his political thinking.

We are all so different but yet we can add value to each others thinking if we try and listen.

I am not into rap at all. Rap and country music do nothing for me. But I will check it out since you suggested it.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 05:22 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
I will check it out since you suggested it.

Thank you krumple. I am not sure if you will walk away with the same thoughts that I did but I thought that what he was sharing could be a reality for some twisted type of person.
I find that some people can get themselves into more drama than they are wanting to at times.

By the way this is only one of the the types of melody that I like.

Krumple

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 05:48 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Thank you krumple. I am not sure if you will walk away with the same thoughts that I did but I thought that what he was sharing could be a reality for some twisted type of person.

I really don't see that rap song as something twisted. Just sounds like he is talking about himself or someone he knows. Probably himself since he knows a lot of details. Just sounds like a person trying to make their way through life and not always finding the best route through. Some people want a quick effortless path that gets them the most success with the least amount of work. It's dangerous sometimes but people do it because the pay off is big. Politics and religion make criminals rich and sinister. They don't realize this and that is why life is sometimes crazy.

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 06:01 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Probably himself since he knows a lot of details. Just sounds like a person trying to make their way through life and not always finding the best route through. Some people want a quick effortless path that gets them the most success with the least amount of work. It's dangerous sometimes but people do it because the pay off is big.

You could be correct but I see him as having a lot of talent that could be directed at the masses but instead he chooses to share his own philosophy that most all rappers disagree with and could care less to listen to his a rap songs.
Most rappers are most like all others, What I am meaning is that they are more interested in what ever it is that they are interested in and he is sharing his view points rather than trying to engage theirs but surly I could be wrong.

He could be hoping that others share his but I would think that the majority could care less about his. That is why I think that if a person is going to be successful at singing or anything else then they need to be able to relate to the masses.
Krumple

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 06:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
You could be correct but I see him as having a lot of talent that could be directed at the masses but instead he chooses to share his own philosophy that most all disagree with and could care less to listen in a rap songs.
Most rappers are most like all others, What I am meaning is that they are more interested in what ever it is that they are interested in and he is sharing his view points rather than trying to engage theirs but surly I could be wrong.

He could be hoping that others share his but I would think that the majority could care less about his. That is why I think that if a person is going to be successful at singing or anything else then they need to be able to relate to the masses.

I both agree and disagree. I see lyrics like poems. Sure the author had an idea in mind to express themselves with, it sometimes is up to the reader to see how they identify with the lyrics/words. I think songs are similar sometimes. They tell a story of what the singer/writer is feeling and trying to express what they know or learned and how they see the world. If the reader can identify with it then it has some meaning, if not then it might as well just be a jumbled mess of words, which is how I think most people see poetry.

Some times a song is meant to provoke and other times to think. But most pop music isn't about provoking or getting the listener to think. It's more about imposing their thoughts onto the listener. I see most rap songs are just ways to flash or flaunt their success onto society. Big expensive cars and rims, women and big houses and lots of expensive jewelry. It doesn't impress me nor provoke me.

The same is true for pop singers like justin bieber in my opinion. Empty meaningless pop songs to tug at the heart strings of young teen girls and gay boys. It's empty in my opinion. Just meaningless pop garbage.