What are you listening to right now?

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 06:24 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
The same is true for pop singers like justin bieber in my opinion. Empty meaningless pop songs to tug at the heart strings of young teen girls and gay boys. It's empty in my opinion. Just meaningless pop garbage.

You very well may be correct in what you are saying to one degree or another. I think that the way we are brought up or what our role models liked may have a lot of influence on what we consider to be good listing or not.

example I think I heard my mother listing to this first song and I seem to dig it and this second song I heard my uncle listening too but yet the second song is sung buy a girl rather than by Elton but I find it more moving, I wonder why . Could it be because I am attracted to women's voices rather than men? I do not know.

The last song I shared is done by a original different singer man if I am not mistaken but I like the sing for change version better I wonder why?

Krumple

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 01:24 pm
@reasoning logic,

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 01:52 pm
@Krumple,
I liked the instrumental but that was about it. I like some heavy rock and some of it a lot more than others but to me heavy metal seems to be depressing. I am more of an inspirational type of person and wish that those around me could be less dramatic at times but I do understand that it is only because of my utopian thinking.

If I thought really hard about the lyrics of some of the music I like I would bet that I would find some of them to be depressing as well but I think that we all walk away with different view points about the music we share.

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 08:46 pm
The Flight of the Conchords Red Nose day charity song.

Can't help but think 'Do they know it's christmas' would have benefited from this sort of research

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 06:03 pm
@Krumple,
OK so you like heavy metal but being I consider you to be an intellectual, l I was hoping to hear your input on death metal.

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 01:08 pm
First Listen: The Avett Brothers, 'The Carpenter'
http://www.npr.org/2012/08/29/160188286/first-listen-the-avett-brothers-the-carpenter#playlist
It's an entire album preview. So far, so very good. Smile
Krumple

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

OK so you like heavy metal but being I consider you to be an intellectual, l I was hoping to hear your input on death metal.

Well some of the metal that gets fringe, to me stops sounding like music and just becomes chaotic noise. Like when the drums start sounding like a fully automatic assault riffle firing and the guitar chords are all over the place. The songs need to have melody to them or else they just sound like a bunch of musicians got into a room and just started playing without any thought or structure. So I guess this is a long answer to say no, for the most part I don't. However; there are some songs from I guess that genre that I do like.

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 05:00 pm
@Krumple,
Would you be kind enough to interpret what you heard from that song so that I can understand what you walked away with?

I am not claiming it to be bad or anything but I would like to hear what your thoughts are about it.
Krumple

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 07:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Would you be kind enough to interpret what you heard from that song so that I can understand what you walked away with?

I am not claiming it to be bad or anything but I would like to hear what your thoughts are about it.

Well that song in particular is about natural rights as a person and if anyone violates those rights (in the songs point of view) you should have the right to respond with what ever you think is necessary.

The singer is a deist. He isn't christian like most try to claim that he is. He mocks christianity in just about every song. I've seen interviews where he is asked about this and he says that he believes there is a god but it's not the abrahamic one. When asked further about what he believes he said he believes in a god that is indifferent to the mortal lives and it's creation and we as people have to justify our own way of living.

Which is weird but also makes sense. I can see that a god that would create something and care nothing for how it turns out or what results. But I'm not sure I am completely behind the anarchist outlook on that level. I think some justice when performed in the heat of the moment only fuels more injustice.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 03:29 pm
panzade

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 05:58 pm
@Rockhead,
Such a sweet simple song. Demo-like. The lead guitarist murders the solos with his "Blues" scale; but what the heck.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 06:22 pm
@Krumple,
Thank you for taking the time and explaining to me what you heard.

Quote:
Well that song in particular is about natural rights as a person and if anyone violates those rights (in the songs point of view) you should have the right to respond with what ever you think is necessary.

I can relate to this even though I hope that I never need to respond in ways that I think could be necessary in the worst case scenario.

I need to add that I think that you have to have one hell of an ear to understand what he is singing but then I could be wrong because I have to ask people to repeat themselves often because my hearing does not seem to be where it should be.
Krumple

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 09:33 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
I need to add that I think that you have to have one hell of an ear to understand what he is singing but then I could be wrong because I have to ask people to repeat themselves often because my hearing does not seem to be where it should be.

I don't think you should be that hard on yourself. Like I said before sometimes I like to assume my own words for the lyrics. I tend to do it quite a bit. It is easy to mistake certain words when a singer is not singing clearly. I think we can agree that he isn't exactly singing clearly.
0 Replies

Editusrex

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 07:21 am
Still figuring out how to post YouTube links but...

Hard Luck Woman, Kiss

Saw them in concert in July when they kicked off their tour; pretty awesome!
jespah

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 10:28 am
@Editusrex,
Here's how you do Youtube links here.

Code:[youtube]whatever the complete Youtube URL is[/youtube]
panzade

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 10:31 am
@tsarstepan,
Love them Avetts Wink
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 10:34 am
@jespah,
what she said...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 10:35 am
George Porter, Anders Osborne, Billy Iuso, Eric Bolivar (G.A.B.E.) at a backyard party. What a day!!!!

panzade

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 10:36 am
@JPB,
I saw Osborne years ago...what a talent!
0 Replies

Editusrex

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 10:54 am
In a Lindsey Buckingham kinda mood ...