dadpad

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:14 am
In animaldom it's often the male that grows the bright plumage or fur in order to attract a mate.
msolga

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:19 am
@dadpad,
Yes, indeed, dapad. That's true.
Human males (mostly) can appear quite drab compared to a male peacock! Wink
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 05:28 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

In animaldom it's often the male that grows the bright plumage or fur in order to attract a mate.

"Hair" said it:

You know kids, I wish every mom and dad would make a speech to their
teenagers and say kids, be free, be whatever you are, do whatever you
want to do, just so long as you don't hurt anybody. And remember kids,
I am your friend.

I would just like to say that it is my conviction
That longer hair and other flamboyant affectations
Of appearance are nothing more
Than the male's emergence from his drab camoflage
Into the gaudy plumage
Which is the birthright of his sex

There is a peculiar notion that elegant plumage
And fine feathers are not proper for the male
When ac------tually
That is the way things are
In most species
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 01:58 pm
@Khethil,
If you have a teenager - look at their facebook picture albums. They are all about guys pretending to make out with guys and girls pretending to make out with girls - and a common theme is that they all have their tongues hanging out.

My daughter de-friended me on facebook - (thank god not in real life though) just because I said something like - 'Jesus- don't you guys ever do anything without posing?'

I think it IS all just a big pose, and by that I mean that I don't think that the incidence of actual homosexuality is rising or anything among guys or girls, but it just seems that because everyone records everything now in one way or another, there just seems to be this sense of one-upmanship so omnipresent- in other words I can picture these boys saying, 'All the other guys have just used eyeliner and a whole tube of gel on their hair - so I'm gonna add a DRESS! Okay everybody ready now? Okay - TAKE MY PICTURE!!!'

(My poor kids - I tell them exactly what I think - they still love me though).

*edited to say that long hair can actually intensify masculinity. I remember watching the English Patient (the movie) and in the scene where the Sikh guy removed his turban and his hair fell down around his naked and muscled shoulders and chest - he was standing at a well bathing himself - I audibly gasped. The guy I was with was like, 'Oh, okay....can you try to contain yourself?'
I think that was the most beautiful man with the most beautiful hair I ever saw.

But if a guy has bad hair - he shouldn't wear it long - (although neither should a woman for that matter).
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:19 pm
@msolga,
The reason men dress, and behave as women is that they have no choice... There are only two genders, and if you cannot be the one, and you are not the other, then all you can do is pretend... There is no third choice, so there really is no choice... If you are not night you have to be day... If you are not straight, you have to be gay... Sexual consciousness is a part of our being, too big a part one might argue, but one that is hard to deny...
Fido

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 02:21 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Please do not feel constrained from posting your thoughts on the subject.

May I assure you that my sole motivation for this discussion is from the perspective of a seeker of wisdom & truth! Smile

Give it up... Wisdom an truth are all over... Seek the good, but don't leave home without it...
msolga

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 06:48 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
The reason men dress, and behave as women is that they have no choice... There are only two genders, and if you cannot be the one, and you are not the other, then all you can do is pretend... There is no third choice, so there really is no choice... If you are not night you have to be day... If you are not straight, you have to be gay... Sexual consciousness is a part of our being, too big a part one might argue, but one that is hard to deny...

You may well be spot on there, Fido.
You might have hit the nail right on the head. Smile

Thank you & a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
msolga

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 06:49 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
Give it up... Wisdom an truth are all over... Seek the good, but don't leave home without it..

Much easier to say than do!
But I'll try. Wink
dagmaraka

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 05:01 am
@msolga,
meanwhile, it's Bear Week in Provincetown :-) http://www.ptownbears.org/

(Provincetown is a small city in Massachusetts that in the summer is occupied by mostly gays and lesbians). Usually a crazy week, with lots of cross-dressing (by the non-bears)

littlek

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:15 am
@dagmaraka,
gays, lesbians, Portuguese fishermen and artists.

Bear week might be more fun to catch than the pride march.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2010 01:53 am
Men who cross dress are kinky and probably drama queens looking for attention for a starter.
0 Replies

llynnie

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 04:38 pm
@msolga,
i'm actually thinking of holding a party for men that like to dress up but they do it for fun . i do wonde though if i will get any response from men as they like to keep in secret which is sad
boomerang

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 04:50 pm
@llynnie,
They don't all keep it a secret.

When I was working as a photographer I had a regular client who came in dressed in drag. He always used his regular name (which was a macho name like "Mitch" or "Bruce"). He didn't try to disguise his voice and he didn't act feminine. He wasn't gay. In fact, he was a massive flirt.

He just like the way ladies clothing felt.
llynnie

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 04:59 pm
@boomerang,
i agree but speaking on the intenet there are loads that hide it. and i would just like to give them an evening where they can enjoy in private with no cameras
boomerang

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 05:02 pm
@llynnie,
From what I understand, they enjoy it in private many (most) days of their lives, often with their spouse's/girlfriend's approval.
llynnie

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 05:03 pm
@msolga,
Fido you have got no idea or understanding on the matter it seems by what you have written.

Do you wear trousers/jeans?
0 Replies

llynnie

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 05:04 pm
@boomerang,
the ones i speak to their partners dont know. they wait until wife goes to bed
boomerang

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 05:12 pm
@llynnie,
Well.... I like playing video games. I can waste hours and hours at it. I don't like my family to know so I only do it when I can get away with it.

To each their own.
0 Replies

Mandris

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 12:33 am
Look at the clothes.
Guys' basic colors:blue, black, grey, green
Girl's colors: Everything in the rainbow, plus the guy colors.
Guys have to face the world plain and dull.
Women are all about color. Makeup, coordinated wardrobe, shoes, nails.
Women have more styles of clothes, more choices, more ways to express. Now you know why "uh huh" is all you girls get out of us. We're locked into doldrum!
Women are so much sharper than us because guys are locked into the blahs, and our brains have devolved into sluggishness.
So which form of expression would YOU choose if you could?
0 Replies

nikki2uMFHAB

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 08:02 pm
@msolga,
I feel like its getting in touch with a softer gentler side of me i know i am a lot more relaxed and feel better kind of a inner peace when i wear womens clothing its like men arent supposed to have a soft femminine side but believe me they do some just supress it and some choose not to i for one have chosen to get intouch with my Femminine side
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 11:05:02