cdunde1

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 08:05 am
I was talking with an older friend of mine about the rise in crime and the number of kids not getting an education and he concluded that it can all be blamed on kids having kids. Today it is trendy for teenagers to have babies. My older friend said society frowned upon kids having kids when he was young and it was something that was rarely seen. Today we let kids bring their babies to school and they get money from the government (our taxes) for each child they have, if they qualify. The problem is that teenagers do not have the ability to raise a child and these children grow up with no direction, morals, guidance, etc. Our society should discourage not encourage teen pregnancy and if teens decide to get pregnant, our tax dollars should not go to the parents of those kids for 18 years.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 4,864 • Replies: 10
No top replies

David cv

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 09:43 am
@cdunde1,
cdunde1;70158 wrote:
I was talking with an older friend of mine about the rise in crime and the number of kids not getting an education and he concluded that it can all be blamed on kids having kids. Today it is trendy for teenagers to have babies. My older friend said society frowned upon kids having kids when he was young and it was something that was rarely seen. Today we let kids bring their babies to school and they get money from the government (our taxes) for each child they have, if they qualify. The problem is that teenagers do not have the ability to raise a child and these children grow up with no direction, morals, guidance, etc. Our society should discourage not encourage teen pregnancy and if teens decide to get pregnant, our tax dollars should not go to the parents of those kids for 18 years.

What makes you think an 18 year old can't raise a child. I've seen better teen parents then alot of of 30somethings.
0 Replies

cdunde1

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 10:26 am
@cdunde1,
18 year old do not have the maturity, life experience, knowledge, earning potential, education required to have a baby. Kids should go to college and get an education and then get into a careeer and get established before having a baby. Then you will be maturer, wiser, have money and insurance (other people who work wont have to support you and your baby while you are unemployed because you had a baby at 17 or 18)
David cv

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 11:04 pm
@cdunde1,
cdunde1;70293 wrote:
18 year old do not have the maturity, life experience, knowledge, earning potential, education required to have a baby. Kids should go to college and get an education and then get into a careeer and get established before having a baby. Then you will be maturer, wiser, have money and insurance (other people who work wont have to support you and your baby while you are unemployed because you had a baby at 17 or 18)

My point still stands and I know plenty of teen moms that stay in school, have jobs and make good parents. It's not age, it's maturity and that has nothing to do with age tbh.
valentine118

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 03:35 pm
@cdunde1,
Teens having babies is just Disgusting as far as I'm concerned. Don't tell me that 30 somethings don't do a better job at raising children overall because YES they do. I started my family in my 30s and so have most of my friends and our kids are doing great. I have so many people that tell me what great kids that I have and I do believe its to do with being older, more experienced and a Decent education that allows my husband and I to do right by them FINANCIALLY.
Jordan Singh

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 06:18 am
@valentine118,
Why can't a couple have a baby at 18 years old? If they're in a happy, stable relationship then why not? There are families out there even at 30-40 years old who can't raise their children, for example, families that struggle to find a job find it difficult to raise their children. There may be couples at 18 who have had very good results at A-Levels and GCSE's, which would put them in a good position to get a job or future education etc. They are not too young to be "mature". The parents before them may have been harsh parents or stricter than others to make them realise the morals in life and realise what they have to do to lead a good life. Parents try to raise their children and help them grow up throughout their early years in life. Some people mature quicker than others. I know many families who started at the age of 17-18 and they earn about £40k-£50k a year which is decent pay. So as far as I'm concerned it's happiness that counts in a relationship. If they are happy then let them have a child. Their choice not yours.
0 Replies

chlo

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 05:01 am
@David cv,
i completely agree i feel if you're in a stable relationship and have decent finance coming in then there is no problem with having kids at the age of 18.i have friends that are 18/19 which have children and they are wonderful parents an support there child very well. Age isn't an issue as long as you have the maturity to be a parent.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:30 pm
@cdunde1,
The problem with this post is that your basic premise is factually incorrect.

The teen pregnancy rate has been going down.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db89_fig1.gif
lordh

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 02:58 am
@cdunde1,
In my opinion, I agree with what everyone is saying. However, I do think that it doesn’t matter if you have a baby at 18 as you are still classed as an adult but anyone under that shouldn’t really be having a baby as their bodies have not fully developed yet which having a baby could result in your body being damaged but it is your choice and no one can tell you what to do with your own body. It also depends on whether or not you are mature enough to have a baby and to remember that you are actually raising a life human being that you have to care for and love. I have heard some situations of couples having babies in their 30's who have been reasonable, loving parents who raised great children. However, I have also heard that 18 year olds who have jobs and who can raise smart, caring, better children than 30 year olds. So it does depend on whether you are mature enough to have and raise a baby. Our society should neither discourage or encourage teen pregnancy but to advise them on making the right decision for them, the child to be and ensure the baby will be brought up in a stable home and if not and the couple are not mature enough or want a baby, to then to advise them to not have the baby. In reality, it is not our choice on what teenagers do but all we can do is hope they make a right, mature decision.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 10:30 am
@cdunde1,
The orign of violence is well-understood but not well known. If you're genuinely interested in the topic, go here and start reading.

http://www.violence.de/prescott/bulletin/article.html

"Body Pleasure and the Origins of Violence"
by Dr. James Prescott (originally published in 1975, has since been peer-reviewed and come to be regarded as one of the definitive works on the subject.)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 11:40 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The problem with this post is that your basic premise is factually incorrect.

When did that stop anyone?
0 Replies