Why Do Christians Tear Down Other Christians

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 10:58 am
it has occured to me lately that christians find it somehow conducive to their walk with christ to destroy other christians. i have my opinions on this reality, but i'll see if anyone else is aware that this is a disease among the christian community, which.. fortunately for me.. i am no longer a member of.Wink

Ares cv

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 11:17 pm
@mimidamnit,
See I don't get this... People observe people doing things and then they forget the fact that they are people and just apply it to some group which the subject ascribes him or herself to... If that didn't lose you... My point is that it is not CHRISTIANS who are tearing CHRISTIANS down but think of it as PEOPLE tearing PEOPLE down. Because you must consider the fact that in every ideology and belief or cult whatever you want to call it, basically religion, politics, sports, science in ANYTHING which is made up of humans you have colleagues tearing eachother down. It is the nature which has become human nature to tear people down, to get ahead what have you.

But you must do well to remember, it is not limited to Christians. And I believe that because such things can be observed in Christians and also non-Christians that there is no difference between the two. LOL why is one of the tags 'disease'?
mimidamnit

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 12:12 am
@Ares cv,
Ares;66150 wrote:
See I don't get this... People observe people doing things and then they forget the fact that they are people and just apply it to some group which the subject ascribes him or herself to... If that didn't lose you... My point is that it is not CHRISTIANS who are tearing CHRISTIANS down but think of it as PEOPLE tearing PEOPLE down. Because you must consider the fact that in every ideology and belief or cult whatever you want to call it, basically religion, politics, sports, science in ANYTHING which is made up of humans you have colleagues tearing eachother down. It is the nature which has become human nature to tear people down, to get ahead what have you.

But you must do well to remember, it is not limited to Christians. And I believe that because such things can be observed in Christians and also non-Christians that there is no difference between the two. LOL why is one of the tags 'disease'?

:frown:

well i appreciate your attempt. but my question wasnt about all people.. it's my opinion that christians hold themselves to a higher standard, they being the moral watchdog, the ultimate authority on right and wrong.. and yes i am aware that christians are merely people, but i also keep in mind that i was raised in this community, was shovel fed their beliefs.. and am more than aware that they feel they possess the right to inject their belief on people not of their faith. ( meaning also, that they stand in judgement of people that question that which they believe) when in fact their holy bible states judge not lest ye be judged, .. and i know that not all christians are carriers of this "disease", but i ask my question out of experience with this type. and i'd appreciate it if you didnt attempt to make me appear ignorant.. "if that didnt lose you.." or rather.. lol.. that you make your attempts to appear more knowledgeable less obvious.... you mention human nature.. christians know human nature to be inherently bad.. and they "speak" of denying that which is of the world. and clinging to that which is of god. so why then, if they are on a quest to be more like jesus, do they stomp on those that are on this same quest.. but meeting more obstacles than one would imagine a christian should? :dunno:

im not here to belittle christianity. of course i question their beliefs and the accuracy of the bible they study today, but im not in the habit of issuing judgement. im merely asking a question. for christians. about christians. anyone not of this faith is irrelevant.. when it comes to my question.
0 Replies

mimidamnit

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 12:19 am
@Ares cv,
Ares;66150 wrote:
LOL why is one of the tags 'disease'?

next time.. you can choose the tags that i should use.. Very Happy
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 03:38 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66141 wrote:
it has occured to me lately that christians find it somehow conducive to their walk with christ to destroy other christians. i have my opinions on this reality, but i'll see if anyone else is aware that this is a disease among the christian community, which.. fortunately for me.. i am no longer a member of.Wink

It's an attempt to "purify" Christianity.

If a christian espouses ideals you disagree with just accuse them of not being 'real' Christians. That way all 'real' Christians believe exactly the same way you do.

Not exactly the most honest approach, but that's how it is...
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 03:45 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66141 wrote:

You have to know the bible well and believe it before you know the difference between true Christians and wolves in sheep's clothing.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 06:22 am
@Carico,
^
^
^
^
(post above)

See what I mean?
mimidamnit

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 07:21 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
in their attempts to "purify" christianity, they are leaving behind them a wake of confusion. i am eager for the day.. when one of two things will happen for these type people. 1) they die.. look around them in anger because.. damnit.. where are those pearly gates they promised me... or 2) they die and they will be bowing down in the glory of their lord.. and he will say to them.. be gone from me.. for i knew you not.

note: i am no longer confused.. and this should not be taken as an invitation to inform me how all i need to do is have faith.
Carico

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:47 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66179 wrote:
in their attempts to "purify" christianity, they are leaving behind them a wake of confusion. i am eager for the day.. when one of two things will happen for these type people. 1) they die.. look around them in anger because.. damnit.. where are those pearly gates they promised me... or 2) they die and they will be bowing down in the glory of their lord.. and he will say to them.. be gone from me.. for i knew you not.

note: i am no longer confused.. and this should not be taken as an invitation to inform me how all i need to do is have faith.

Sorry, but the only day that's going to affect you is judgment day. And it won't be pretty. Wink
mimidamnit

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 12:41 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66193 wrote:
Sorry, but the only day that's going to affect you is judgment day. And it won't be pretty. Wink

lolol. thank you for you imput:headbang:
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:53 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66199 wrote:
lolol. thank you for you imput:headbang:

You're welcome. Smile Since you've been warned, you'll be even more accountable since you have no excuse for making up your own imaginary history of the Jews to deny God. Smile
mimidamnit

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:55 am
@Carico,
Carico;66262 wrote:
You're welcome. Smile Since you've been warned, you'll be even more accountable since you have no excuse for making up your own imaginary history of the Jews to deny God. Smile

:rollinglaugh:
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 05:02 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66265 wrote:
:rollinglaugh:

"Woe to those who laugh now for they will weep later." So you really need to keep laughing all the way to the grave because that's all the laughter you'll get. Wink
Ares cv

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 10:17 am
@Carico,
Carico;66268 wrote:
"Woe to those who laugh now for they will weep later." So you really need to keep laughing all the way to the grave because that's all the laughter you'll get. Wink

"Woe to those who do not laugh now, for they too will weep later." Some truths aren't all that big of truths... They're usually just splitting hairs.
Carico

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 11:12 am
@Ares cv,
Ares;66586 wrote:
"Woe to those who do not laugh now, for they too will weep later." Some truths aren't all that big of truths... They're usually just splitting hairs.

Sorry, but people who love sin and hate God laugh now. Wink
Ares cv

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 12:06 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66587 wrote:
Sorry, but people who love sin and hate God laugh now. Wink

Define sin.
Carico

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 12:23 pm
@Ares cv,
Ares;66595 wrote:
Define sin.

"Everything that doesn't come from faith is sin." Wink Sin is rebellion against God and it takes forms such as pride, deceit, lust, envy, greed, gluttony, sloth, and anger. Wink
Ares cv

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 12:25 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66601 wrote:
"Everything that doesn't come from faith is sin." Wink Sin is rebellion against God and it takes forms such as pride, deceit, lust, envy, greed, gluttony, sloth, and anger. Wink

So... If I walk to the general store... For a reason not related to faith, say to pick up grocery's... Thats a sin?
Carico

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 12:29 pm
@Ares cv,
Ares;66603 wrote:
So... If I walk to the general store... For a reason not related to faith, say to pick up grocery's... Thats a sin?

if you live your life to please yourself instead of God, then your life is coming from sin. It's that simple. Smile
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 02:23 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66601 wrote:
"Everything that doesn't come from faith is sin." Wink

So by your own definition logic is a sin. This explains why you use so little of it.