Ignorance

War

Well said.
0 Replies

YuhannaEl

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 03:06 pm
@thomascrosthwaite,
thomascrosthwaite;70105 wrote:
I was raised in a church that was very bad about this. It is my belief that most of their members actually have a very limited knowledage of the Bible. They just know parts of it; the parts that surports their doctrine. Beacause the Bible contains many contridictions it is easy to understand the divisions.

You Make A Very Good Point Here , Nor Are People Of Religious Belif's Allow To Question What They're Being Taught , Nor Do Most Do Any Resaerch .
Philis

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 01:30 am
@mimidamnit,
I see this daily, I dont condemn other people who try to be Christian, i just hope hypocrisy and judgement will be taken from their life.
0 Replies

illawarrior

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 10:32 am
@mimidamnit,
People tear down other people. It is not restricted to any country / race or creed. Various christian sects attack one another ... just as various muslim sects do, Shias & Sunnis always seem to be in conflict, as do sects of other religions. Most human faults transcend religion and reside in us all.
0 Replies

illawarrior

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 10:38 am
@YuhannaEl,
Most religions contain multiple contradictions .. it is the nature of the beast. Religion was invented centuries ago as the best way of controlling the uneducated masses. These days the major arguments seem to be between Christians, Jews & Muslims ... yet if you readtheir underlying literature, the similarities are amazing. Also amazing is how few devotees have actually read the Qur'an / Bible / Torah. Most followers believe what they are told without reading for themselves.
Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 10:43 am
@illawarrior,
Certainly religions have sought to control people, but it is a specious contention that religion was invented for the purpose. Religions have been around for at least thousands of years. Very likely, they arose to explain a bewildering world to ignorant and superstitious humans. I believe it is likely that many early shamans were just a bit smarter than the average bear, and found a good living in pushing their theories of the gods, or the earth mother, or whatever. However, it would be silly paranoia to suggest that religion was invented a few centuries ago to control people.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 08:27 pm
Christianity has been the largest threat of any religion in modern history, through slavery, oppression of women and gays, it is by far the largest funding source of initiatives in america that take away rights for gays, it is the number one outspoken opponent of our rights.

When people line up to speak out against us they are primarily christians. When I look back on my life when I am old and gray I will reflect back on this period like a american WWII soldier remembers the japanese.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 03:51 pm
And those that scream the loudest usually get caught with their pants down! When is masturbating in the park ever a good idea?

http://instinctmagazine.com/blogs/blog/anti-gay-pastor-convicted-of-obscenity-for-public-masturbation?directory=100011

Quote:
Anti-Gay Pastor Convicted Of Obscenity For Public Masturbation

Now we don't make a habit of kicking people when they're down, but we got quite a chuckle out of this one.

"Christian" Pastor Grant Storms, who went all fire and brimstone on our asses with his anti-gay ranting during New Orleans' "Southern Decadence" festival was convicted of obscenity Wednesday, for exposing himself while masturbating at Lafreniere Park last year.

More after the jump!

Storms was found guilty of the single count of obscenity and was sentenced to three years of probation, based on his lack of a criminal history. (Harrassment and bullying of gays doesn't count.)

Storms has also been ordered to undergo psychological evaluation.
chai2

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 04:33 pm
@jcboy,
http://www.evolvefish.com/fish/media/G-IWishFightClub.jpg
jcboy

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 04:40 pm
@chai2,
HAHAHA, they would be better off if they just did it in the car lol.
chai2

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 04:49 pm
@jcboy,
I know, you could put the seat back and be more comfortable.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 05:30 pm
@Ares cv,
It's really not that difficult to figure out. The reason is it more noticed among "Christains" is because they are the ones who generally claim to have it all together, be living a holy life, and yet are the first ones to hop on the train to tearing others down because those people don't measure up to the standards they (christains) have set up through their religious beliefs. More often than not I have seen religion give people a false sense of superiority, which they feel gives them the right to judge others. Even those they do not know.
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 05:57 pm
@mimidamnit,
define "destroy"
The atheist claim that religion is the cause of most wars are false, unless you consider religion to be the sum of money, land, and greed, which I don't think Christians believe it as such.
Atheistic individuals, including Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler, and many others have killed more people in the 20th century, than any other war.

So I think what you are getting at is why do people tear down other people? Because for selfish reasons which has to do with bringing themselves up.
0 Replies

MoralPhilosopher23

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 08:20 am
@mimidamnit,
I have noticed that certain churchs tell you that they have the right doctrine to follow, then the church down the street says the same thing. Also all of the churchs that split apart and seperate from each-other. If all Christians agree that Christ is saviour and that the bible is his doctrine, then why argue with eachother?

Personally I hold no beiefs in religion, but it truly is an interest of mine.
porkpiehat

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 10:48 am
@mimidamnit,
because at the end of the day, Christians are just people too.......
0 Replies

porkpiehat

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 06:57 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
So....I take you guys are demonstrating in realtime how the title of this thread works....??
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 11:20 am
@MoralPhilosopher23,
God is right. People will never be. That is why we need a Savior.

And... LOL Pork
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2013 06:14 am
Happy Easter!!!!
0 Replies