Meaningless theories

Carico

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 07:43 am
Psalm 146:3, "Do not put your trust in mortal men who cannot save. When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing.'

Only the truth lasts forever because the truth cannot be altered. But the words of scientists will die when they die. So not only are they meaningless, they cannot save anyone from everlasting death.

When we all die, no longer will anyone hear about neanderthals, dinosaurs or imaginary animals called common ancestors because they are as fleeting as they are imaginary.

But some people simply want to adopt useless beliefs that cannot alter their fate or the fate of the world. For what? :what: A chasing after the wind? the fleeting pleasure of being deceived that you thought you knew better than God does? What's the point?:dunno:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,138 • Replies: 11
No top replies

JBeukema

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 01:37 pm
@Carico,
I just became active today, but i'm pretty sure you're an idiot, based on what I've seen in the last twenty minutes...

Did you used to go by the name VenomFangX?
Carico

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 09:26 pm
@JBeukema,
JBeukema;67142 wrote:
I just became active today, but i'm pretty sure you're an idiot, based on what I've seen in the last twenty minutes...

Did you used to go by the name VenomFangX?

Another kindergarten response. :rollinglaugh: Sorry but "na-na-na-na" doesn't win a debate. Laughing But atheists haven't learned that yet. Wink
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 02:04 am
@Carico,
Carico;66921 wrote:
Psalm 146:3, "Do not put your trust in mortal men who cannot save. When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing.'

Only the truth lasts forever because the truth cannot be altered. But the words of scientists will die when they die. So not only are they meaningless, they cannot save anyone from everlasting death.

When we all die, no longer will anyone hear about neanderthals, dinosaurs or imaginary animals called common ancestors because they are as fleeting as they are imaginary.

But some people simply want to adopt useless beliefs that cannot alter their fate or the fate of the world. For what? :what: A chasing after the wind? the fleeting pleasure of being deceived that you thought you knew better than God does? What's the point?:dunno:

So how do you know this book to be true?

And this being that inspired it, how do you know he exists?
JBeukema

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 03:36 am
@Carico,
Before you can cite the book as evidence of anything, you must demonstrate the that the book can be trusted Wink
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 11:13 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;67169 wrote:
So how do you know this book to be true?

And this being that inspired it, how do you know he exists?

How do you know anything in history? By accounts of those who lived then. Wink But, if you're delusional enough to think you know better what happened in history than those who lived in the past, then by all means, re-write history. Wink But I guarantee you that you won't be able to change the past by doing that. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 10:29 am
@Carico,
Carico;67202 wrote:
How do you know anything in history? By accounts of those who lived then. Wink But, if you're delusional enough to think you know better what happened in history than those who lived in the past, then by all means, re-write history. Wink But I guarantee you that you won't be able to change the past by doing that. Wink

So basically your argument amounts to "Someone a long time ago, said-so, so it must be true".
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 08:18 pm
@Carico,
Carico;67202 wrote:

So why rely on a translation of a translation of a book whose volumes were selectively edited and removed via bureaucracy?

They were delusional enough to think they knew better. So why do you?
mimidamnit

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 10:14 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;67524 wrote:
So why rely on a translation of a translation of a book whose volumes were selectively edited and removed via bureaucracy?

:thumbup:
0 Replies

blazearmstrong

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 11:05 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;67524 wrote:

This drove it home I think. It's been three years and he still haven't come up with a response. LOL
0 Replies

bisurge

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 03:19 pm
@Carico,
So basically this guy says let's not think; let's just follow Christianity. Even though the book that says we should blindly follow Christianity might not be true. A book written by the same people who are described in the Bible as people whose plans will come to nothing.
Carico wrote:
When we all die, no longer will anyone hear about zombie saviors, the return of the zombies saviors, horsemen of death, punishments of God, conversion, evangelism, a big wooden boat that meant that we all came from incest, or any of the crap in the Bible.

Fixed it for you.
0 Replies

iLiKetoPlAyWitHMyseLf

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 04:52 am
@Carico,
I think Carico's arguments are more opinionated than evidential.
0 Replies