If scientists...

Carico

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 02:06 am
If an overwhelming number of scientists came out and said that the theory of evolution was a hoax, how many of you would believe them and how many of you would stick with the theory of evolution?:confused: So do you believe in evolution because scientists do or because you're certain of its validity regardless of what scientists say? :confused:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 979 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 06:10 am
@Carico,
Carico;66884 wrote:
If an overwhelming number of scientists came out and said that the theory of evolution was a hoax, how many of you would believe them and how many of you would stick with the theory of evolution?:confused: So do you believe in evolution because scientists do or because you're certain of its validity regardless of what scientists say? :confused:

I accept evolutionary theory based upon three things:

1. Evidence. I can look at the collected data and do the measurements myself. I can review all the work done and point out ANY mistakes I find. This is called "peer review" and is what makes sure the data is correct. Remember the cold fusion debacle? Peer review nixed that one.

There are libraries of evidence and data. Everything from the fossil record to genetic mutations used to cure disease.

2. Practical application. The data collected can be applied to uses in everyday life. Medicine and agriculture are excellent examples. Flu shots and bananas for the layman.

Evolutionary biology can be utilized.

3. It fits. Everything stated in evolutionary biology fits perfectly with everything else known to be true. It plays by the same rules, works within the same framework. It is logical and straightforward. I do not need to suspend reality and rely on the supernatural for answers.
Carico

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 07:21 am
@Sabz5150,
Quote:
I accept evolutionary theory based upon three things:

1. Evidence. I can look at the collected data and do the measurements myself. I can review all the work done and point out ANY mistakes I find. This is called "peer review" and is what makes sure the data is correct. Remember the cold fusion debacle? Peer review nixed that one.

Collected data are what? Skulls and bones of many different animals and humans that are peiced together to form creatures never before mentioned in history? Laughing Sorry, but again, that's called artwork, not science. Wink

Quote:
There are libraries of evidence and data. Everything from the fossil record to genetic mutations used to cure disease.

Again, interpreting fossils are as subjective as interpreting contemporary artwork...especially since scientists only have one end of the chain, namely, humans. So they have no clue what type of animal "evolved" into humans and thus don't know what they're looking for. Wink

Quote:
2. Practical application. The data collected can be applied to uses in everyday life. Medicine and agriculture are excellent examples. Flu shots and bananas for the layman.

What's practical about claiming that imaginary animals turned into people? :eek: flu shots have nothing whatsoever to do with the story of evolution. A bacterial or viral cell becomes more virulent, more like itself than another cell. And vaccines like penicillin were discovered by accident. So using the bacteria to prevent bacteria is no different than fighting fire with fire. So it's connection to the story of evolution is non-existent. :rolleyes:

Quote:
3. It fits. Everything stated in evolutionary biology fits perfectly with everything else known to be true. It plays by the same rules, works within the same framework. It is logical and straightforward. I do not need to suspend reality and rely on the supernatural for answers.
Today 12:06 AM
Nothing fits, absolutely nothing. And that's still why no one knows the origin of man except Christians.

But you still haven't answered the question in the OP. If scientists came out and called evolution a hoax, would you believe them, or the story of evolution?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 01:47 am
@Carico,
Carico;66917 wrote:
Collected data are what?

I have a whole thread about this. You haven't even touched any of the evidence I provided.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 02:34 am
@Carico,
Carico;66884 wrote:

I believe evolution because of the overwhelming evidence, not because of what scientists say.
Carico

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 04:07 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66951 wrote:
I believe evolution because of the overwhelming evidence, not because of what scientists say.

Then if most scientists come out and say that evolution is a hoax, you'll still believe that monkeys, excuse me, imaginary animals can turn into people. Is that correct? :rollinglaugh: If so, then it fits with your other delusions. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 05:08 am
@Carico,
Carico;66961 wrote:
Then if most scientists come out and say that evolution is a hoax, you'll still believe that monkeys, excuse me, imaginary animals can turn into people. Is that correct? :rollinglaugh: If so, then it fits with your other delusions. Wink

There is nothing imaginary about this:

http://www.foxnews.com/images/224729/1_61_australopithecus_2.jpg

Just because you are ignorant of extant fauna and prehistoric zoology, doesn't make it imaginary.

But continue your tirade of denial, it truly is amusing to say the least.
Carico

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 10:12 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66965 wrote:
There is nothing imaginary about this:

http://www.foxnews.com/images/224729/1_61_australopithecus_2.jpg

Just because you are ignorant of extant fauna and prehistoric zoology, doesn't make it imaginary.

But continue your tirade of denial, it truly is amusing to say the least.

:rollinglaugh: No it's not imaginary at all. It's skull fragments pieced together. There are so many cracks in it that it wasn't even a good patch job. :rollinglaugh: You should have seen the first "skull' archeoogists found. It was a small flat rock the size of a person's palm. :rollinglaugh: They made up a long name for it and claimed they invented a new creature, which of course they did. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 10:32 am
@Carico,
Carico;66976 wrote:
:rollinglaugh: No it's not imaginary at all. It's skull fragments pieced together. There are so many cracks in it that it wasn't even a good patch job. :rollinglaugh: You should have seen the first "skull' archeoogists found. It was a small flat rock the size of a person's palm. :rollinglaugh: They made up a long name for it and claimed they invented a new creature, which of course they did. Wink

And all the pieces just "happen" to fit together? Not likely.

I think you're just making excuses.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 08:42 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66917 wrote:
Collected data are what? Skulls and bones of many different animals and humans that are peiced together to form creatures never before mentioned in history? Laughing Sorry, but again, that's called artwork, not science. Wink

That's called you not knowing what you talk about again. History in fact mentions them... its called the fossil record. If you're looking for written history, then you're more daft than I thought. Everything in the fossil record existed before we did. We weren't around to "mention" them.

There were things hanging around before we hit the scene. Ever seen a passenger pigeon? They existed before you. Has anyone you know seen one? So how do you know that what you see in museums is correct? All the books about them could be "interpretations".

Quote:
Again, interpreting fossils are as subjective as interpreting contemporary artwork...especially since scientists only have one end of the chain, namely, humans. So they have no clue what type of animal "evolved" into humans and thus don't know what they're looking for. Wink

Like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target. You honestly think we're the be-all, end-all? Really? You think it's all about what led to humans?

You're so far off it's not even funny.

What's even better is how you think you know how to examine fossils. You can surely talk about it, but again this where your ignorance (and arrogance) come out from the shadows.

Quote:
What's practical about claiming that imaginary animals turned into people? :eek: flu shots have nothing whatsoever to do with the story of evolution. A bacterial or viral cell becomes more virulent, more like itself than another cell. And vaccines like penicillin were discovered by accident. So using the bacteria to prevent bacteria is no different than fighting fire with fire. So it's connection to the story of evolution is non-existent. :rolleyes:

Really? Flu shots have nothing to do with evolution? So why do you get one every year? Could it be that the virus becomes resistant to the vaccine? You do realize that shot you get is slightly different every time, right? You don't think TamiFlu is naturally occuring, do you?

When a strain becomes more "virulent", it is adapting to environmental pressure. This, by definition, is evolution. The problem is your lack of education. Your idea of evolution is so far out there that you couldn't pass a high school exam. Put simply: your ideas are wrong. There's nothing wrong with evo-bio... the problem lies between your ears. You think of these insane ideas, none of which are even close to being right, and throw them up as your "evidence". Its like a kid trying to explain how a particle accelerator works. I'd put money down that you haven't done the first bit of research and that everything is based upon what you get from your religious constituents.

Quote:
But you still haven't answered the question in the OP. If scientists came out and called evolution a hoax, would you believe them, or the story of evolution?

They would have to invalidate it the exact same way it was validated. If, and only if that happens, then I would accept the findings.

But you and your book have miles to go before you sleep, and you haven't even lifted the first foot off the ground.

Now, if the churches came out saying that religion was a hoax, would you believe? Let's see how you answer that.
Carico

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 12:40 am
@Sabz5150,
Quote:
Like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target. You honestly think we're the be-all, end-all? Really? You think it's all about what led to humans?

Sorry but the theory of "evolution" came because Darwin is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole by claiming that something superior can come from something inferior. That is impossible. The clay does not form the potter.Wink

So he created a voluminous story trying to figure out how to make something impossible possible. That's why his story is so long and unfinished. Wink

It take volumes of material to try to claim that one animal can pass along genes he doesn't have to another animal because it's an impossibility.

Nevertheless, because he got a book published, people blindly accepted his impossible, contradictory, convoluted and unfinished story as true. :rollinglaugh: And because of that, they throw the word "mutation" around to explain every single different animal because they erroneously think that semantics can change reality. :eek:
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 02:20 am
@Carico,
Carico;67121 wrote:
Sorry but the theory of "evolution" came because Darwin is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole by claiming that something superior can come from something inferior. That is impossible. The clay does not form the potter.Wink

So he created a voluminous story trying to figure out how to make something impossible possible. That's why his story is so long and unfinished. Wink

It take volumes of material to try to claim that one animal can pass along genes he doesn't have to another animal because it's an impossibility.

Nevertheless, because he got a book published, people blindly accepted his impossible, contradictory, convoluted and unfinished story as true. :rollinglaugh: And because of that, they throw the word "mutation" around to explain every single different animal because they erroneously think that semantics can change reality. :eek:

Something superior cannot come from something inferior? So how do we have machines capable of performing more calculations per second than the planet's population combined?

You idea of "superior" is an incorrect one. Superiority depends on one thing: the environment. Again, your oxygen breathing lungs aren't so superior while swimming after a fish in the water. Your arms... not so superior for flight.

Your CCR5 gene... not so superior for stopping the HIV virus.

Sounds like somebody's getting angry. I have shown you where, how and why mutations occur. All you can do is throw around your own incorrect ideas in hopes that your lack of education works as an argument. Sorry, but it doesn't. You have shown time and time again to know nothing of the subject you speak of. Nothing at all.

What you also don't know is that you carry genetic mutations... your DNA contains strains of DNA that cannot be 100% matched to either of your parents. Everybody does. So that shows that it is possible to pass on DNA that neither of your parents possess. Then there's neat things like gene insertion, duplication, deletion... all goodies that keep it all mixed up.

We know this because we can pinpoint them. CCR5 research shows this better than anything else. Again, I would suggest researching before speaking, it saves a lot off foot-in-mouth down the road.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 08:10 am
@Carico,
Carico;67121 wrote:

It happens all the time, this is what matamorphasis and germination are.

Quote:

He wasn't "trying" to do anything, Darwin did not have an agenda or objective he was merely attempting to explain what he saw.

Quote:

What does that have to do with evolution? Evolution asserts no such thing. It's simple:

1. Parent passes genes on to offspring
2. Genes are altered
3. back to step 1.

Quote:
Nevertheless, because he got a book published, people blindly accepted his impossible, contradictory, convoluted and unfinished story as true.

Name one aspect that is contradictory.

Quote:
:rollinglaugh: And because of that, they throw the word "mutation" around to explain every single different animal because they erroneously think that semantics can change reality. :eek:

Instead of talking about what evolutionists do, or don't do why don't you provide some counter evidence or respond to the evidence I have presented. I'm interested in seeing how you explain ERVs....

So far all you have to offer are talking points and mindless rhetoric.
0 Replies