The Last Temptation Of Christ

xexon

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 11:53 am
Profound movie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Temptation_of_Christ_(film)

Even more so if you have a good sound system, because the soundtrack by Peter Gabriel really cements the movie together.

I like this movie above all others on Jesus because it make Jesus a human being having divine experiences. That's something Hollywood and the others have missed the target on.

We can all become as Jesus was. Connected to the godhead while awake as a human being.

This movie, brilliantly directed by Martin Scorsese, has an excellent cast, authentic props and scenary.

Buy a new subwoofer and get the movie.

It'll give Easter a new meaning.

x
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,304 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Numpty

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 09:52 am
@xexon,
xexon;64026 wrote:
Profound movie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Temptation_of_Christ_(film)

Even more so if you have a good sound system, because the soundtrack by Peter Gabriel really cements the movie together.

I like this movie above all others on Jesus because it make Jesus a human being having divine experiences. That's something Hollywood and the others have missed the target on.

We can all become as Jesus was. Connected to the godhead while awake as a human being.

This movie, brilliantly directed by Martin Scorsese, has an excellent cast, authentic props and scenary.

Buy a new subwoofer and get the movie.

It'll give Easter a new meaning.

x

i was in the middle of commenting when I realised I had the wrong film, I thought you were on about the Mel Gibson one.
xexon

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 07:02 am
@Numpty,
I haven't seen the Mel Gibson film yet but plan to.

I just watched Last Temptation last night. Kind of an Easter tradition I suppose.

x
Numpty

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 01:12 am
@xexon,
xexon;65035 wrote:
I haven't seen the Mel Gibson film yet but plan to.

I just watched Last Temptation last night. Kind of an Easter tradition I suppose.

x

I wouldn't bother, it's a good piece of cinema up until the point when Jesus is carrying his cross, he colapses, exhausted and absolutely covered in his own blood, head to toe. All very convincing and quite painful to watch, when along omes a lady with a brilliant white cotton sheet and hands it to him, amazingly (and for me completely unbelivably) he is able to produce a complete inprint of his face, exactly like the Turin Shroud. Sorry if thats a spoiler, but that completely ruined the film for me.
0 Replies

marcus cv

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 04:15 am
@xexon,
I haven't seen the movie, but know that Scorsese took 10 years to make it and than it was one of the least successful movies in his career ($$$ wise). I think he was a head of time. Now with so many heresies it would win the Oscar Wink
0 Replies