Autism increasing with ethnic diversity???

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 05:28 am
I have created a website that theorises that autism is increasing with ethnic diversity, let me know waht you think.

Untitled Document
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,466 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 10:43 am
@autismrising,
Link on your website took me to a yahoo subscription page.

But I'd also like to state that there is no relation between diversity and autism.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:05 pm
@autismrising,
Wired 9.12: The Geek Syndrome
Petey J

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 12:06 am
@Sabz5150,
Autism seems like a totally random thing to me. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :dunno:
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 10:16 am
@Petey J,
The problem is that society has deceptively labelled a large range of diagnoses as autism, where in fact there many different forms of autism.

Some of you might have noticed that I underlined the word diagnoses. Autism is generally NOT any Bone-fied illness, and in the cases it is, is very much magnified by the effects of society.

Downs Syndrome is most probably genetic, as reported in various studies. I have NOT, however, analysed these findings, and therefore there is no current Truth-based perspective to these findings.

Aspergers Syndrome is, however, largely caused by child abuse, child neglect, and emotionally distant and uncaring mothers. I have personally investigated AS for some time, and have lived near a community programme for same. AS is a Forbidden Truth matter, because of the child-abuse and societal-poison-container-allocation aspects of it. This is so wether or not it is the sole cause of AS. I have been able to determine that :

1. Most of the effects on personality are simply due to child abuse, ostrisization, distant and abusive mothers, and so on.
2. There may be other factors at play, but these are minimal. The real meaty part of the diagnosed behaviours and personality traits are due to negative experiances in the True Reality.
3. That there is no actual basis for these catagories and diagnoses i.e. no genetic data, no blood test, no life-long studies that are made on subjects and so on.

The OP suggests racial "interbreeding" causes. That makes no sense, because there is no known genetic component to most forms of autism. I suppose you would have rejected any link between increased levels of credit-card spending and autism, because it is obviously ridiculous. There being two trends at once in no way proves anything.
Petey J

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 12:35 pm
@Seer Travis Truman,
"Aspergers Syndrome is, however, largely caused by child abuse, child neglect, and emotionally distant and uncaring mothers."

I have Asperger Syndrome and can tell you that this patently false and offensive to people on the ASD spectrum. :thumbdown: :no:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 02:45 pm
@Petey J,
Petey J.;68836 wrote:
Autism seems like a totally random thing to me. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :dunno:

Not entirely. Autism is more common in developed nations. The cause is still unknown.
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 07:11 pm
@Petey J,
Petey J.;68845 wrote:
"Aspergers Syndrome is, however, largely caused by child abuse, child neglect, and emotionally distant and uncaring mothers."

Quote:
I have Asperger Syndrome and can tell you that this patently false

It is NOT false. You should read the material properly, and get back to Me. The fact is, most AS-humans have been, and often still are, being abused on a regular basis. Society directs that AS-humans are one of the most societallly-accepted poison containers in existence today.

Peter J, often childhood truamas are supressed and forgotten. That does not mean they do not continue to effect you. Many people do not know they are being abused (lack of understanding), or have consciously no access to these memories.

Your claim to reject child-neglect and child-abuse seems like a denial-reaction. This is because according to others, there is no known cause of AS. Therefore, to simply write off child-abuse as a cause is irrational.

It seems that you are simply in denial of certain memories.

Can I ask you :
1. How often are you abused in general?
2. What makes you think you were not abused?

Quote:
and offensive to people on the ASD spectrum.

You can only speak for yourself, and I know of AS-humans who have told Me otherwise, that they were OK when toddlers (least they thought so), and were severly abused and then got these symptoms.

If I was just plain wrong, I do not see why you would be offended. In general, people are most offended when something hits home.

Maybe you need to think about your social position a bit more, and what your life is like. Maybe you just never had any "sunshine", and you dont mind the "moonlight".
Petey J

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 10:49 pm
@Seer Travis Truman,
To fully appreciate sunshine, some moonlight is necessary.
Petey J

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 10:54 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;68860 wrote:
Not entirely. Autism is more common in developed nations. The cause is still unknown.

Developed nations have the resources to diagnose and treat autism. That's the difference.
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 11:16 pm
@Petey J,
Petey J.;68870 wrote:
To fully appreciate sunshine, some moonlight is necessary.

This reply is avoiding all the meaty portions of the post. You are avoiding the question.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 04:42 am
@Petey J,
Petey J.;68871 wrote:
Developed nations have the resources to diagnose and treat autism. That's the difference.

We don't need to the same level of diagnosis in undeveloped nations to know that it is more prevalent in developed nations for the same reason we know that where aids is most common.
Petey J

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 08:48 pm
@Seer Travis Truman,
Seer Travis Truman;68875 wrote:
This reply is avoiding all the meaty portions of the post. You are avoiding the question.

Deal with it.
Petey J

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 08:51 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;68882 wrote:
We don't need to the same level of diagnosis in undeveloped nations to know that it is more prevalent in developed nations for the same reason we know that where aids is most common.

How do you know there is no autism in Somalia? And if there was, how would you know about it?
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 06:14 am
@Petey J,
Petey J.;68897 wrote:
Deal with it.

Same to you.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 06:37 am
@Petey J,
Petey J.;68898 wrote:
How do you know there is no autism in Somalia?

I never said there wasn't.

Quote:
And if there was, how would you know about it?

Population samples.
0 Replies