The Book of Love/Sex Questions - What About HIV?

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 09:49 am
If after medical checkups you found you tested negative for exposure to the HIV virus and your partner tested positive, what would you do? Assume that the exposure was probably from a blood transfusion.

NOTE:::these questions are not of my own making - they're taken str8 from the book...so if you have a revised question...ask it here....i don't mind a'tall or write gregory stock :-)
[/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 866 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 11:07 am
Go scrub my penis with a cheese grater and rinse it out with boiling water...

I don't know what I'd do. Probably dump said partner.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 11:20 am
First, you don't test for AIDS........you test for HIV exposure.

AIDS is not a disease, like chicken pox. AIDS is the result of a poorly functioning or non-existent immune system, which renders a person incapable of fighting off kinds of infections that other people won't even get. When a person who has AIDS dies, he dies of the infection that he contracted because of the malfunctioning immune system.

Second, a person could have been exposed to HIV, and it won't show up in the blood for some time. So the person who thinks that he is negative and home free for the risk of HIV infection, which could lead to AIDS, may have a big surprise in a few months.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 12:44 pm
Phoenix, write Gregory Stock. Wink

These are theoretical questions which are not always logically airtight but I think are interesting nonetheless. You gotta suspend disbelief a little.

I really think this is just asking in as brief of a way as possible, "would you stay with your current partner even if unprotected (and possibly even protected) sex would be a life-threatening proposition?"

At this point in my life, yeah. It would take a lot more than that for me to leave my husband.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 05:48 pm
I'd stay with Senor Jespah. Hell, yeah. A disease - even a fatal one - isn't going to make me run screaming for the hills.
0 Replies