Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 12:05 am
Last night I watched a movie about Chingis Khan, Mongol. Interesting movie with some romantic motion, enough not too make my wife too disappointed. Smile
It looks like that's the only way to make movies in our days, it has to be some romance.
The last two movies I watched were produced by immigrants. Bella by Monteverde from Mexico, and Mongol by Bodrov from Russia. I don't know what to attribute it to, my resistance to go to movie theater and using red box instead, or there is a new generation of movie makers, with lower budgets (Bella 3 million, Mongol 20 millions), that are capable of making good movies.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,175 • Replies: 4
No top replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:38 am
@marcus cv,
Marcus, the name is "Genghis". I only point this out because the word you used is a Mexican swear word.

I agree, Hollywood movies are nothing but worthless drivel and filth for the most part.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 11:52 am
@socalgolfguy,
There is a trend of movies lately, they have been moving in the direction of independent films.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 01:49 am
@marcus cv,
marcus;62153 wrote:
Last night I watched a movie about Chingis Khan, Mongol. Interesting movie with some romantic motion, enough not too make my wife too disappointed. Smile
It looks like that's the only way to make movies in our days, it has to be some romance.
The last two movies I watched were produced by immigrants. Bella by Monteverde from Mexico, and Mongol by Bodrov from Russia. I don't know what to attribute it to, my resistance to go to movie theater and using red box instead, or there is a new generation of movie makers, with lower budgets (Bella 3 million, Mongol 20 millions), that are capable of making good movies.

Top film that, I watched it a few weeks ago myself. I think it demonstrated, although a feared and mighty warrior, there was also law and order within the rule. How else could he have conqured an empire twice the size of Alexander the Great and four time larger than the Roman Empire?
marcus cv

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 04:51 pm
@Numpty,
It could be said that he created the first MLM (multi level marketing) program, every one was getting a cut from the acquired profits.
0 Replies