Agree or disagree?

jeafl cv

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 11:12 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;63321 wrote:
And the sheer number of non-religious people who aren't corrupt kinda puts a hole in your theory.

Define corrupt. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.
Numpty

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 11:37 pm
@jeafl cv,
jeafl;63326 wrote:
Define corrupt. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

Take away what the book says. Majority of people in the world of ALL creeds, religions and non-religon lead and want peacful and structured lives.

The fact I cracked one out in the shower this morning does not make me a bad person Wink

I you think I am going to hell for that, then you are a fundermentalist. You would do well to look up the topic JESUS IS MUSLIM, there you will meet a kired spirit with opposing but no less fundermentalist views than yourself.
jeafl cv

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 11:56 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;63328 wrote:
Take away what the book says. Majority of people in the world of ALL creeds, religions and non-religon lead and want peacful and structured lives.

Have you seen the news in recent millenia?
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 12:09 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;63328 wrote:
Take away what the book says. Majority of people in the world of ALL creeds, religions and non-religon lead and [SIZE="5"]want[/SIZE] peacful and structured lives.

Answer this.

Do you want to live your life in a peacful and structured way?

If someone threatened that existence what then would you do?

Our basic most basic instinct is survival. Threaten it and people will react. but in order for there to be long term survival to grow into a society there must be stability, which is where we are now. 2000 years ago a persons individual capacity to inflict harm were more brutal than people a 1000 years ago and as this world continues to evolve people in 1000 years will look back at us as brutal. But it is only in the context of what we are familiar with. Familiarty breeds contempt.

You focus on the negatives but our ability for compassion and empathy easily out way the bad things, we just never hear of them because it's just not news.
jeafl cv

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 12:25 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;63331 wrote:
Answer this.

Do you want to live your life in a peacful and structured way?

I am a conservative so of course I do.

Quote:
If someone threatened that existence what then would you do?

As a Christian, my response would depend on the severity and nature of the threat.

Quote:
Our basic most basic instinct is survival. Threaten it and people will react.

Matthew 5:38-45
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Humans are not by nature compassionate beings, but we can be made compassionate by the restraints that I mentioned before.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 04:53 am
@jeafl cv,
jeafl;63326 wrote:

Corrupt:
-debased in character
-made inferior by errors or alterations
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 06:18 am
@jeafl cv,
jeafl;63332 wrote:
I am a conservative so of course I do.

As a Christian, my response would depend on the severity and nature of the threat.

Matthew 5:38-45
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Humans are not by nature compassionate beings, but we can be made compassionate by the restraints that I mentioned before.

Pop question.

Your daughter is about to be raped/ murdered.

Do you

A. Go rambo and bust them up
B. Run away and leave her to it
C. Turn the other cheeck

I know my answer, according to you, yours would be C.

Our in built mechanism, the same as every single animal on this plant is to A. Survive and B. procreate. In order to do that we MUST protect our offspring.

Take away all the bullshit of politics and society and that is why we are fundamentally here. You book means nothing. Why we live together enmass is because it is advantegous to our suvival and furthering a gene pool. Being good to people ie compassion and empathy, help us to survive long into our twilight years, when, if we were around 5-10,000 years ago most were dead before their 30's if not sooner.

Society has evolved and will continue to evolve in order for us to survive longer, if and when it no longer serves that purpose it will crumble.
jeafl cv

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 08:31 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;63349 wrote:
Pop question.

Your daughter is about to be raped/ murdered.

Do you

A. Go rambo and bust them up
B. Run away and leave her to it
C. Turn the other cheeck

I have no children. But civilized society demands that evil be prevented if possible and punished when prevention is not possible. The fact that somebody can still commit rape even while someone else can seek revenge even when civil society is in place simply shows just how depraved human nature is. In telling us to turn the other cheek, Jesus did not negate an eye for an eye. We cannot seek revenge, but we can demand justice. But demanding justice is a result of the restraints on human nature that I have been talking about. Justice is only possible with the restraints in place.
0 Replies

xexon

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 02:45 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Agree, but not all peasants.

Power corrupts. Doesn't really matter your position in society. The problem is in the way humans are wired together.

It is human weaknesses that allows for corruption. That said, everyone is pre-qualified.

x
0 Replies

Petey J

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 05:38 am
@Musky Hunter,
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

A rule with exceptions.
kouzhontaco

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 04:13 pm
@Petey J,
Actually, the desire for a position of leadership is not indicative of a sound mind. A GOOD leader is one who is a SERVANT of the people. Who is in a position to do a good service to people. It is not so much a competitive aspiration.

Those countries who have historically had descendent authorities, did so because the authorites were the direct lineage of the most ancient of spirits/Angels/beings. However, so many of them have overthrown their "hierarchies/monarchies" so many times that few spiritual resurrections occured into those authorities. Hence...the further burial of actual religious knowledge - replaced with organized gangs pretending to have spiritual authority. Using "religion" as nothing more than a poitical ploy.
0 Replies

dson

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 06:39 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Well I'd have to agree most people would if they could but the sad thing is most wouldn't know what to do with that power.
0 Replies

YuhannaEl

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 09:48 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62458 wrote:
-
-

[SIZE="3"]"Peasants would be dictators if the chance were theirs"[/SIZE]

-
-

Some Would Call It DEMOCRACY !!!!!!!Smile
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 12:26 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Quote:
"Peasants would be dictators if the chance were theirs"

Historical specificity can also be applied in micro situations. Give 1 billion peasants the chance, and you'll get 1 billion different scenarios. There is no way to know beforehand, but people are strange, anything can happen were the human race is concerned.
0 Replies

Anton Artaud

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 08:31 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;62458 wrote:
-
-

[SIZE="3"]"Peasants would be dictators if the chance were theirs"[/SIZE]

-
-

Everyone has his or her station in life for a reason. Being a peasant has nothing to do with leadership or the capacity to dictate. In fact, Hitler did not rise to power based on the wealth of his parents and meets the criteria of being a peasant. The Kennedy's on the other hand, were very wealthy and we all know the political power that emanated from that family.

Dictatorship is a matter of attitude and not money or even education.
0 Replies