carribean monk seal official now extinct!

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 03:32 pm
U.S.: Caribbean monk seal is extinct - Environment - MSNBC.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,183 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Numpty

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 06:43 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,

It is a sad and poiniant day when we have to aknowledge the over population of our wonderful Earth has such a catastrophic impact on our enviroment. Unfortunately this is just the begining as our Global population expands ever more, the pressure on our wildlife in there natural eco-systems and habitas grows ever more harful and pushes more ond more of our most fragile species to the edge of extinction.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 06:25 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Wow, the value of my slippers just skyrocketed.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 08:28 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57822 wrote:

Not unless your slippers where made in the 1940's at least or earlier.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 02:35 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57822 wrote:

And that my friend, is the reason why our wildlife is in so much danger. People think that somehow 'tree hugging hippies' are full of **** and it's all made up. Or they just give a damn, in which case they will answer to their Grand children when they ask them what they did to stop the Tigers and Lions and Rhino's from becoming extinct. Their answer, erm,....um,...well my slippers' value went up.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 12:56 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Caribean Monk Seal... Didnt they take a vow of celibacy?

Seriously, whoop dee doo, I hear from so many people bitching about how much money we have spent on say IRAQ, and what that money could have done for us here?

It pisses me off that this study Searching for this seal that cost millions of dolalrs was not used on something important... Like better armor for our troops.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 02:17 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;57937 wrote:

Seriously, whoop dee doo, I hear from so many people ***ing about how much money we have spent on say IRAQ, and what that money could have done for us here?

It pisses me off that this study Searching for this seal that cost millions of dolalrs was not used on something important... Like better armor for our troops.

"Millions of dollars" were wasted in Iraq while you were reading this sentence.

How, with a price tag in the TRILLIONS, is proper armor not being supplied? That's two orders of magnitude below what it took for this "seal hunt". TWO.

The seal doesn't bother me much IMHO... it joins the other 99.98% of species that have graced this planet.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 02:44 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;57937 wrote:

Seriously, whoop dee doo, I hear from so many people bitching about how much money we have spent on say IRAQ, and what that money could have done for us here?

The amount of money spent on this study would've lasted about 5 minutes in Iraq.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 04:03 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;57937 wrote:

Seriously, whoop dee doo, I hear from so many people ***ing about how much money we have spent on say IRAQ, and what that money could have done for us here?

Again, If more focus were put on environmental issues and finding more sustainable ways of keeping your house warm and your car running then maybe your boys wouldn't be in that **** hole fighting for the black stuff.

And just a few photos for your enjoyment. I think they are quite pertinant to he whole issue, we can see the devistation from space it's so vast.

Africa’s changing environment | Environment | guardian.co.uk
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 04:06 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;57944 The seal doesn't bother me much IMHO... it joins the other 99.98% of species that have graced this planet.[/QUOTE wrote:

That is probably true, but I am sure no other species on this planet now or at any other time in history has had such an effect on extinction of other species.
0 Replies