I've been saying it all along! Before the big bang...

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 08:48 pm
Before the Big Bang: A Twin Universe?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,169 • Replies: 12
No top replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 06:45 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Quote:
The theory suggests the possibility of a “quantum bounce,” where our universe stems from the collapse of a previous universe.
So what triggered the bounce? I know, it was the great spaghetti monster in the sky.
I wonder if Corichi and Singh practice religion? They evidently have faith in there theory. So FF, do you believe in there opinion? If you do does that make it fact? Sab thinks so?
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 07:15 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55893 wrote:
So what triggered the bounce? I know, it was the great spaghetti monster in the sky.
I wonder if Corichi and Singh practice religion? They evidently have faith in there theory. So FF, do you believe in there opinion? If you do does that make it fact? Sab thinks so?

Fail again.

Trying to stick faith into science. Looking for the (verb)-er behind it all. Here's a suggestion, bring forth evidence showing that such a being exists, and we'll talk. Until then... well... it's faith.

All this time you've been aiming at ol Charlie D and his Beagle while quantum theory poses the bigger threat to your worldview.

Go LHC! Find that god particle!
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 12:44 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55893 wrote:

did you not read the article? It clear states that the bounce was cause by the collapse of a previous universe, it doesn't require much brain power to guess what caused the one before that...
DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:55 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;55896 wrote:
Fail again.

Trying to stick faith into science. Looking for the (verb)-er behind it all. Here's a suggestion, bring forth evidence showing that such a being exists, and we'll talk. Until then... well... it's faith.

All this time you've been aiming at ol Charlie D and his Beagle while quantum theory poses the bigger threat to your worldview.

Go LHC! Find that god particle!
I don't have to try, faith is there. Like your faith in Darwinism of which you practice everyday. You think it takes faith to believe there was a trigger, or does science say there was one?
Quote:
Here's a suggestion, bring forth evidence showing that such a being exists, and we'll talk.
When you prove the big bang wasn't triggered. What do you think the trigger was, science guy? The big spaghetti monster in the sky?
Quote:
You claim it's one of the biggest anchors of your beliefs. I think i'm chippin at the right thing.
So on a second note. Big Bang. Caused or uncaused/cause? I anticipate another side step.
DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:58 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;55907 wrote:
did you not read the article? It clear states that the bounce was cause by the collapse of a previous universe, it doesn't require much brain power to guess what caused the one before that...

What started it all? Things in motion tend to stay in motion. That's at rest tend to stay at rest. and for every action there is a reaction. There had to be a cause to come from a finite point, correct?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 10:57 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;56055 wrote:
There had to be a cause to come from a finite point, correct?

Says who? :dunno:
Sabz5150

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 12:23 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;56054 wrote:
I don't have to try, faith is there. Like your faith in Darwinism of which you practice everyday.

Faith implies belief without evidence. I believe with evidence. Ergo, not faith. It's as simple as that, doesn't make a difference how you try and spin it.

Science is about natural answers to natural questions. Nothing more, nothing less. Faith is not required when I can observe and see for myself the facts.

Quote:
You think it takes faith to believe there was a trigger, or does science say there was one?

I never said that. That's you trying to use typical creationist rhetoric and failing miserably. Science does not try and refute this "trigger", but it does not allow for a supernatural (READ: untestable, unpredictable, without evidence) one. Just like science does not allow for gravity to be defined as "invisible magnet gnomes pulling all things towards each other", science does not allow for an "invisible supreme being creating all with a snap of his cosmic finger".

Quote:
When you prove the big bang wasn't triggered.

Again with this "trigger" thing. Let me ask this: What difference does it really make if there was a trigger or not? Your hypothesis still lacks solid ground because you cannot show evidence or run tests based on YOUR trigger (i.e. God).

Bringing us to...

Quote:
What do you think the trigger was, science guy? The big spaghetti monster in the sky?

The trigger? A phase transition. If you do not know what this is, tough tits.

The result of this phase transition? The Big Bang.

Quote:
You claim it's one of the biggest anchors of your beliefs. I think i'm chippin at the right thing.

Like chipping at a diamond with a mica hammer. You have no clue what you are talking about, spewing constant and damn near predictable creationist flawed arguments. Guess what? They fail every single time. It is obvious to just about everyone that your science knowledge does not surpass mid-level high school from the 90's and your understanding of scientific terminology and methods is non-existent. Hell, I've had to teach you why you improperly apply YOUR OWN ARGUMENTS* in a debate, after which you went on this rant about the definition of "objectivity" (which you also failed at). That's sad... that is just sad.

Quote:
So on a second note. Big Bang. Caused or uncaused/cause? I anticipate another side step.

Caused by a near instant phase transition. We have evidence of this. Your point? Oh, GOD did it? Okay, show your evidence. What physical, empirical evidence do you have of this God? I'd love to see it.

* http://www.conflictingviews.com/t2891/#post54641
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 05:59 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;56068 wrote:
Says who? :dunno:

Logic.
DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 06:19 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Quote:
Faith implies belief without evidence.
I asked if your believed, you said yes. That's all i require.
Quote:
Science is about natural answers to natural questions. Nothing more, nothing less.
So what of the un-natural? If you can't see it, it ain't there? Kinda like black matter?
Quote:
I never said that. That's you trying to use typical creationist rhetoric and failing miserably. Science does not try and refute this "trigger", but it does not allow for a supernatural one.
"Science does not try to refute it" What do you think the cause is? No opinion? "but it does not allow for a supernatural one" Can it discount it 100%?
Quote:
Again with this "trigger" thing. Let me ask this: What difference does it really make if there was a trigger or not?
Ask yourself that, goes against physics don't it?
Quote:
Your hypothesis still lacks solid ground because you cannot show evidence or run tests based on YOUR trigger (i.e. God).
But yet a trigger occured by your own judgement? And you to will not define nor be able to test your hypothesis, correct? Be it God or spaghetti?
Quote:
The trigger? A phase transition. If you do not know what this is, tough tits.
How very scientific of you, i might add that this is very objective of you as well?
Quote:
The result of this phase transition? The Big Bang.
You can't explain one, why should i ask about the other.
Quote:
Like chipping at a diamond with a mica hammer. You have no clue what you are talking about, spewing constant and damn near predictable creationist flawed arguments. Guess what? They fail every single time. It is obvious to just about everyone that your science knowledge does not surpass mid-level high school from the 90's and your understanding of scientific terminology and methods is non-existent. Hell, I've had to teach you why you improperly apply YOUR OWN ARGUMENTS* in a debate, after which you went on this rant about the definition of "objectivity" (which you also failed at). That's sad... that is just sad.
Do i have to know what i'm talking about? Doesn't appear so. I seem to keep you runnin in circles fairly easy.
Quote:
Caused by a near instant phase transition. We have evidence of this.
Who's we? And by near, how close is that?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 06:35 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;56106 wrote:
Logic.

where does it say that?

Tell me why the universe cannot be infinite!
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:01 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;56107 wrote:
I asked if your believed, you said yes. That's all i require.

Belief by fact, not faith Smile That's where the line is drawn.

Quote:
So what of the un-natural? If you can't see it, it ain't there? Kinda like black matter?

Well, it helps to call it by its proper name if you want to be taken seriously.

Here's the trick with dark matter. It's effects can be observed.

Quote:
"Science does not try to refute it" What do you think the cause is? No opinion?

A phase transition. Simple enough. Already answered that one.

What's your opinion?

Quote:
"but it does not allow for a supernatural one" Can it discount it 100%?

It can't discount it even 1%. The problem is it can't account for it either. It's not scientific. Therefore, not science. NEXT.

Quote:
Ask yourself that, goes against physics don't it?

Not at all.

Quote:
But yet a trigger occured by your own judgement? And you to will not define nor be able to test your hypothesis, correct? Be it God or spaghetti?

I love debating creationists Smile It reminds me of teaching a dog card tricks.

A trigger? Yes. Cause? Phase transition. Pretty straightforward. We've one over this multiple times.

Quote:
How very scientific of you, i might add that this is very objective of you as well?

Why, thank you. The facts point to what I explained, look them up for yourself.

Quote:
You can't explain one, why should i ask about the other.

Now you've cranked the bulls*it meter to the max. You don't want to put your faith on the scientific block. You know it will fail. You know I will chop your argument into confetti and blow it in your face.

And enjoy every last bit of it Very Happy

Quote:
Do i have to know what i'm talking about? Doesn't appear so.

To not come out looking like a complete idiot, yes, kinda helps.

Quote:
I seem to keep you runnin in circles fairly easy.

Just showing off my knowledge. It's fun, at your expense.

Quote:
Who's we? And by near, how close is that?

We? Oh, we're the inhabitants of a place known as "reality".

"Near" is not a distance. Sheesh, you can't even get THAT right. Read the words "near instant". That means it was an almost instantaneous change.

Wow, this is what humanity breeds? We're screwed.
Numpty

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 07:54 pm
@Sabz5150,
Mr Driven,....ASS,....HANDED,.....TO YA!! Very Happy
0 Replies