Humans are insignificant.

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 07:38 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;56215 wrote:
So you firmly believe that science gets it right in the diversification and origins of life?

Sure, but Science can't penetrate the Divine Cosmos, AKA: the realm of God. God transcends all that is, including Science.:thumbup:

So far, there are only two conscious beings in the Universe -- God and Man. That makes Man very, very significant.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 08:17 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56282 wrote:
Sure, but Science can't penetrate the Divine Cosmos, AKA: the realm of God. God transcends all that is, including Science.:thumbup:

So far, there are only two conscious beings in the Universe -- God and Man. That makes Man very, very significant.

Dogs and Elephants have be proven to posses a conscience, as well as other animals.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 05:13 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56282 wrote:

One of which, like extraterrestrial life, cannot be currently proven. Unfortunately, unlike extraterrestrial life, it cannot be proven at all. You cannot show any bit of evidence towards this supreme being, yet you follow this being while scoffing at the idea of the aforementioned extraterrestrial life.

So knock it down to one. Humans. We have no more evidence for God than we do for ETs.

We're not the center of the universe, Pino. We're not even the center of our own solar system. What's so bad about that? Doesn't bother me.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 08:46 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;56296 wrote:
Dogs and Elephants have be proven to posses a conscience, as well as other animals.

Okay. But we are of higher consciousness. We possess the capacity for abstract thought. They don't. It's just us and God. As I said...............so far, we are in fact very, very significant.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 08:49 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;56312 wrote:
One of which, like extraterrestrial life, cannot be currently proven. Unfortunately, unlike extraterrestrial life, it cannot be proven at all. You cannot show any bit of evidence towards this supreme being, yet you follow this being while scoffing at the idea of the aforementioned extraterrestrial life.

So knock it down to one. Humans. We have no more evidence for God than we do for ETs.

We're not the center of the universe, Pino. We're not even the center of our own solar system. What's so bad about that? Doesn't bother me.

We only know we're not in a physical sense. Like the Universe at large, we remain a mystery, and so does our origin. I choose to believe in God. Like it or lump it. Don't care. Ain't skeered. Git'r done, Larry. :beerchug:
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 08:58 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56354 wrote:
We only know we're not in a physical sense. Like the Universe at large, we remain a mystery, and so does our origin. I choose to believe in God. Like it or lump it. Don't care. Ain't skeered. Git'r done, Larry. :beerchug:

Why do you believe in God?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 09:24 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56353 wrote:
We possess the capacity for abstract thought. They don't.

How do you know that? Other animals have proven to be much more intelligent than we originally thought.
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 07:50 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;56370 wrote:
How do you know that? Other animals have proven to be much more intelligent than we originally thought.

Well, I don't know that, I guess. I think it's self-evident, though. How do you know that I don't know what's not known, or that I do know, what's known, about what isn't known?:bunny::spaz::leghump::cavt-126-asard:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 07:57 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56609 wrote:
Well, I don't know that, I guess. I think it's self-evident, though. How do you know that I don't know what's not known, or that I do know, what's known, about what isn't known?:bunny::spaz::leghump::cavt-126-asard:

Your starting to sound like Rumsfeld!
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:01 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;56358 wrote:
Why do you believe in God?

I've always felt His spirit working within my life, powerfully. I sought Him, and He was there for me. Now I live entirely for Him. I only enter the World of Man to purposefully try to improve it, such as when I teach. Other than that, I work hard to detach myself from it, and 'hold alone' with the Lord. All things purely human are fraught with folly and disaster.:headbang:
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:05 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;56613 wrote:
Your starting to sound like Rumsfeld!

I keep a Rummy quote in my 'gouge-book' (personal book of collected wisdom): "Keep your head down, do the best job possible, let the flack pass, and keep working toward your objectives." It's helped me often, at work, especially. :thumbup:
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:49 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56615 wrote:
I've always felt His spirit working within my life, powerfully. I sought Him, and He was there for me. Now I live entirely for Him. I only enter the World of Man to purposefully try to improve it, such as when I teach. Other than that, I work hard to detach myself from it, and 'hold alone' with the Lord. All things purely human are fraught with folly and disaster.:headbang:

How do you know it is what you think it is?

Many people will have the same experience and then attribute it to whatever gods/spirits they were raised to believe.
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 02:28 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;56622 wrote:

Many people will have the same experience and then attribute it to whatever gods/spirits they were raised to believe.

True, I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say that and it turns out it was just indigestion.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 02:43 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56615 wrote:

Cool. When's the comet due by to pick ya up?
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 02:44 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;56641 wrote:
True, I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say that and it turns out it was just indigestion.

One can point to indigestion. God, well... ummm... not so much.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 05:22 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;56622 wrote:

Well, now that you've held forth, I've changed my mind.:happybirthday:
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 05:23 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;56647 wrote:
Cool. When's the comet due by to pick ya up?

'Bout the time you give up the meth.:elefant:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 05:42 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56743 wrote:
Well, now that you've held forth, I've changed my mind.:happybirthday:

You don't have to pretend, reason has never appealed to you.
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 10:20 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56745 wrote:
'Bout the time you give up the meth.:elefant:

I'm not the one going on about seeing and feeling spirits.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 04:11 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;56816 wrote:
I'm not the one going on about seeing and feeling spirits.

No, you're just an addict who is slowly killing himself, all the while claiming his 'scientific' knowledge is all he needs. Go ahead.....smoke another carten or two, Science Guy. Smoke up. BUT.............whatever you do, don't check into the SCIENCE ON SMOKING. Leave that kind of science alone. It will modebly DEPRESS you.:frown:
0 Replies