Humans are insignificant.

markx15

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 08:07 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
What glory is there for such a being to look into the lives of such lowly creatures?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 09:03 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Glory is not something you worry about if you have no equal.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 06:47 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
True.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 06:23 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
I can't argue with that, but still I am restless about why such a being would be interested in us, it has been demonstrated again and again how we are merely a speck of flesh in an imense universe with so many possibilities, what have we done to deserve this attention?
Reagaknight

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 06:49 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Pet project of the CEO of Universe Inc.?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 07:09 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Lol, we are a beautiful race arent we.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 11:27 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;54567 wrote:

Still, something either exists or it doesn't. It's an absolute concept. You can't "sort of exist, but relative to this you don't." Would you say that a human being becomes less existant when put up against an elephant? Just becuase there's bigger stuff than us out there does not mean that we barely exist in comparison.

It's quite clear i'm talking about this in a non-literal sense, but apparently not clear enough. Why does the notion that you don't exist even in a rhetorical or metaphorical sense concern you so much?
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 11:31 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;54567 wrote:

By the standards of fleas, yes it does. And what other standards should matter to fleas?

by universal standards... In comparison to the whole spectrum of the universe.

Why should we use the same line of thinking as fleas? Are we incapable of breaking free of our own egocentric way of thinking to understand things as they are in reality?
0 Replies

Brian764

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 05:37 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;54359 wrote:
If the Earth's life could be mapped on to a clock, human existance would only account for the last two seconds of that clock.

http://teacherweb.com/LA/JHMS/JBUSH/5planets.jpg

http://teacherweb.com/LA/JHMS/JBUSH/9planets.jpg

http://teacherweb.com/LA/JHMS/JBUSH/8planetssun.jpg

http://teacherweb.com/LA/JHMS/JBUSH/4suns.jpg

http://teacherweb.com/LA/JHMS/JBUSH/7suns.jpg

http://teacherweb.com/LA/JHMS/JBUSH/1galaxies.jpg

http://teacherweb.com/LA/JHMS/JBUSH/2galaxies.jpg

Humans are but one of billions of life forms that have have existed on earth, yet earth is only but an extremely tiny spec of rock in one galaxy of millions of galaxies.

Yet the creationists want you to believe there is a guy out there floating in space that is intervening with the individual lives of one life form that is practically non-existant when compared to the vastness and age of the universe because........

We're "special" Very Happy

I know that you will dismiss these scriptures but I am posting them anyway.

Psalms 19:1 (ASV)
1 The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament showeth his handiwork.

Psalms 8:3-9 (NKJV)
3 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
4 What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him?
5 For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.
6 You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet,
7 All sheep and oxen-- Even the beasts of the field,
8 The birds of the air, And the fish of the sea That pass through the paths of the seas.
9 O Lord, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth!

The unbeliever/natural/unconverted person

1 Corinthians 2:14 (KJV)
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 05:57 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;54674 wrote:
I know that you will dismiss these scriptures but I am posting them anyway.

Psalms 19:1 (ASV)
1 The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament showeth his handiwork.

Psalms 8:3-9 (NKJV)
3 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
4 What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him?
5 For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.
6 You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet,
7 All sheep and oxen-- Even the beasts of the field,
8 The birds of the air, And the fish of the sea That pass through the paths of the seas.
9 O Lord, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth!

The unbeliever/natural/unconverted person

1 Corinthians 2:14 (KJV)
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

In my oppinion it is rather egotistical to think that the universe was created for us, first of all if the universe was created for us wouldn't we be in the center? If god did create the universe, why did he make it so huge that we can neither see or comprehend it's vastness. If god was indeed trying to impress us I don't see how the need to show-off would be the characteristic of a perfect being.

If god is capable of creating the universe then why is he incapable of creating effective life forms, since 98% of animal species that ever lived have since gone extinct, and why would god create humans with tail bones and moles with eyes under a thick laye of skin? why would god create whales with a tiny useless hip bone?
Brian764

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 07:21 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;54679 wrote:
In my oppinion it is rather egotistical to think that the universe was created for us, first of all if the universe was created for us wouldn't we be in the center? If god did create the universe, why did he make it so huge that we can neither see or comprehend it's vastness. If god was indeed trying to impress us I don't see how the need to show-off would be the characteristic of a perfect being.

If god is capable of creating the universe then why is he incapable of creating effective life forms, since 98% of animal species that ever lived have since gone extinct, and why would god create humans with tail bones and moles with eyes under a thick laye of skin? why would god create whales with a tiny useless hip bone?

You ask a very interesting question, but in that question it indicates that you believe that what we (human beings) now are, what we will ever be.

The fact is that if you want to know what humanity’s destiny is you will have to look at Jesus. Jesus points us to our true destiny, because what Jesus is, is what we (if one has the Spirit of God dwelling in them) will become.

Children of God or Christians

1 John 3:2 (ASV)
2 Beloved, now are we children of God, and it is not yet made manifest what we shall be. We know that, if he shall be manifested, we shall be like him; for we shall see him even as he is.

The reason why we have been confined to the Earth; unable to see or comprehend the vastness of the universe, is that God has not yet put all of His creation under mankind's feet. But we See Jesus, who was like us, made a little lower than the angels, now sitting at the right hand of His Father, sitting on His throne ruling over all things.

All things have are not yet under our feet, but we see Jesus who was like us now ruling over all things.

Hebrews 2:6-9 (MontgomeryNT)
6 But some one, somewhere, testified, saying. What is Man, that thou art mindful of him? Or any man, that thou carest for him?
7 Thou hast made him only a little lower that the angels; With glory and honor hast thou crowned him; And hast set him to govern the works of thy hands;
8 Thou hast put all things under his feet. For this putting all things under man means leaving nothing not subject to him. But we do not yet see all things subject to him.
9 What we do see is Jesus, who was made for a time a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor, because of the suffering of death, in order that through God’s grace he might taste death for every man.

Humanity’s destiny is to rule over all things with Jesus

Revelation 3:21 (Darby)
21 He that overcomes, to him will I give to sit with me in my throne; as I also have overcome, and have sat down with my Father in his throne.

The Kingdom of God will increase without end

Isaiah 9:6-7 (ASV)
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this.

Those who overcome will inherit everything that belongs to God

Revelation 21:7-8 (KJV)
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

All things mean all things, including the vast universe that at this time is way out of reach for mankind in our current state. When this becomes a reality, we (God’s glorified children) will do what God through the Word, who later became Jesus was doing since creation.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:16 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;54698 wrote:
But we do not yet see all things subject to him.
9 What we do see is Jesus, who was made for a time a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honorOf the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this.

Those who overcome will inherit everything that belongs to God

Revelation 21:7-8 (KJV)
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Sorry if i'm being picky but you never really answered any of my questions...
Brian764

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:47 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;54699 wrote:
Sorry if i'm being picky but you never really answered any of my questions...

I have, it's just that you don't understand. God created the universe the way He chooses to. He does not live by our standard, nor is obligated to do so.

The Earth does not have to be in the center of the universe for us to be special. We are special because God says so and show us that we are.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:51 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;54705 wrote:
I have, it's just that you don't understand. God created the universe the way He chooses to. He does not live by our standard, nor is obligated to do so.

The Earth does not have to be in the center of the universe for us to be special. We are special because God says so and show us that we are.

you didn't respond to this:

"If god is capable of creating the universe then why is he incapable of creating effective life forms, since 98% of animal species that ever lived have since gone extinct, and why would god create humans with tail bones and moles with eyes under a thick layer of skin? why would god create whales with a tiny useless hip bone?"
Brian764

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 09:14 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;54706 wrote:
you didn't respond to this:

"If god is capable of creating the universe then why is he incapable of creating effective life forms, since 98% of animal species that ever lived have since gone extinct, and why would god create humans with tail bones and moles with eyes under a thick layer of skin? why would god create whales with a tiny useless hip bone?"
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 02:17 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Quote:
by universal standards... In comparison to the whole spectrum of the universe.

Why should we use the same line of thinking as fleas? Are we incapable of breaking free of our own egocentric way of thinking to understand things as they are in reality?

The point of life is to care about what is of concern to you, not muse on the insignificance of yourself.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 03:29 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;54710 wrote:
Was it God that causes the extinction of those species, or was it mankind? Do you want God to take away mankinds, including yourself free will?

Mankind hasn't been around that long, as humans we have caused less than 1% of extinction at best and the other 97% was through natural processes.

Quote:
Most of those questions that you asked are not important to know, but one day even those questions will be answered.

maybe not important to you because they don't jive with your belief system.

Quote:
A better question that one can ask is what is the purpose for my life?

Whatever you make of it.

In your search for deeper meaning don't miss the beauty of the world under your nose...

Quote:

on this we can agree.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 04:23 pm
@markx15,
markx15;54605 wrote:
I can't argue with that, but still I am restless about why such a being would be interested in us, it has been demonstrated again and again how we are merely a speck of flesh in an imense universe with so many possibilities, what have we done to deserve this attention?

Yeah, we might be specks; but then again, maybe not. For example, why is it that in our five-million-year existence (humans, that is, roughly speaking), we haven't encountered other 'specks' out there? Sure, the Universe is enormous, but the fact remains we're all alone, to the best of our credible knowledge, at least in this corner of the galaxy. That makes us pretty special, in my book. :thumbup:
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 04:25 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Great pics, Brian. I love astronomy. Nothing boggles the mind more.
Brian764

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 04:44 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54844 wrote:
Great pics, Brian. I love astronomy. Nothing boggles the mind more.

That's just a tiny glimps of what the children of God will inherit.
0 Replies