Ethenol on steroids?

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 04:35 pm
It's called CELLULOSIC ETHENOL and it produces 91% less greehouse gasses than gasoline and 96% less greenhouse gasses than corn ethenol. This new form of ethenol can produce between 2 to 36 times more energy than corn ethenol, CELLULOSIC ETHENOL would be harvested from algae, thus producing it would NOT reduce food supply, corn is harvested once or twice a year as green algae can be harvested literally every day because green algae grows at much faster rate than corn. Also Ethenol made from green algae can be produced on land unsuitable for food crops, in huge algae greenhouses. This Ethenol on steroids can literally be produced anywhere, unlike corn! Cellosic Ethenol is not used by any nation but is currently in development in the United States.

SOURCE: National Geographic magazine, issue:October 2007 Pg.38-59
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,172 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:20 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
The fact we aren't using ethenol must be blamed on Bush. HE is the reason, yet again. Indeed, he schemed with OBL to pull off 911, to keep America addicted to oil, and forever opposed to ethenol use. BLAME IT ON BUSH, DAMMIT -- everything, always, everywhere, without exception.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 03:05 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44496 wrote:
The fact we aren't using ethenol must be blamed on Bush. HE is the reason, yet again. Indeed, he schemed with OBL to pull off 911, to keep America addicted to oil, and forever opposed to ethenol use. BLAME IT ON BUSH, DAMMIT -- everything, always, everywhere, without exception.

don't mistake me for one of your conspiracy theorists, as i am no such thing!
Drakej

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 11:55 pm
@Pinochet73,
Well to get back on topic.... I am curious as to how efficient this would be. Algae is pretty damn small for the most part. But I suppose if they are utilizing land that is more or less useless then its win win. On the outskirts of the town I grew up in a lot of farmers are leasing there land to wind farms now. So I suppose its the same idea.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:21 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;44693 wrote:
Well to get back on topic.... I am curious as to how efficient this would be. Algae is pretty damn small for the most part. But I suppose if they are utilizing land that is more or less useless then its win win. On the outskirts of the town I grew up in a lot of farmers are leasing there land to wind farms now. So I suppose its the same idea.

that is part of the beauty of using algae ethenol, it would use very little land to make since it can be produced in large greenhouses rather than huge fields!
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 06:30 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44607 wrote:
don't mistake me for one of your conspiracy theorists, as i am no such thing!

Do you believe Bush is suppressing ethenol research and development? Be honest.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 07:19 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44817 wrote:
Do you believe Bush is suppressing ethenol research and development? Be honest.

Well the research is currently going on right now so at this point it isn't being suppressed by anyone or anything!

Looks like someone needs to stop making gross generalizations.

:bangin:
Numpty

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 09:42 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Just type CELLULOSIC ETHENOL in your search engine, truely fascinating stuff, thank you for making a thread about this.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 08:12 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44828 wrote:
Well the research is currently going on right now so at this point it isn't being suppressed by anyone or anything!

Looks like someone needs to stop making gross generalizations.

:bangin:

I'll take that as a 'no'. Thanks for validating some shred of sanity in that noggin of yorn.:leghumper::leghump::leghump::leghumper:
0 Replies