92b16vx
 
  1  
Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:19 am
@kynaston,
kynaston;71827 wrote:
'BWAHAHAHAHA, wow, that was funny.'

Well, dammo, there's convincing then! Bloody bright, these Neanderthals!


There's nothing to "convince" in a person as far gone as you.
kynaston
 
  1  
Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:35 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;71836 wrote:
There's nothing to "convince" in a person as far gone as you.


You'd be surprised how often I've been convinced by rational argument to change my opinion. Unfortunately it is dying out!
92b16vx
 
  1  
Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 12:49 pm
@kynaston,
kynaston;71837 wrote:
You'd be surprised how often I've been convinced by rational argument to change my opinion. Unfortunately it is dying out!


You want an example of "political correctness"? Affirmative Action is political correctness in action, and racist to boot. The hiring/admitting of minority workers based solely on the color of their skin is a prime example of political correctness. Calling the Mailman, a Mail Person because mailman is chauvinist, saying "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas so that you don't offend some overly sensitive weenies fragile sense of self.
Anton Artaud
 
  1  
Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 02:07 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;71844 wrote:
You want an example of "political correctness"? Affirmative Action is political correctness in action, and racist to boot. The hiring/admitting of minority workers based solely on the color of their skin is a prime example of political correctness. Calling the Mailman, a Mail Person because mailman is chauvinist, saying "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas so that you don't offend some overly sensitive weenies fragile sense of self.


Good work.

This debate maybe linked to age. People born into Political Correctness can't compare it with a life without it. A fish doesn't know it's a fish until it breaches the water.

And, after 1970 school books began this Liberal assault on learning. I find myself being asked to offer book sources for what was so common place, it wasn't worthy of being written in book form.

Possibly for them, it is "normal" to refer to a Mail Person as such and Affirmative Action was just the way it has always been.

What do you think?
92b16vx
 
  1  
Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 03:47 pm
@Anton Artaud,
Anton Artaud;71845 wrote:
Good work.

This debate maybe linked to age. People born into Political Correctness can't compare it with a life without it. A fish doesn't know it's a fish until it breaches the water.

And, after 1970 school books began this Liberal assault on learning. I find myself being asked to offer book sources for what was so common place, it wasn't worthy of being written in book form.

Possibly for them, it is "normal" to refer to a Mail Person as such and Affirmative Action was just the way it has always been.

What do you think?


Sounds about right to me. Though that doesn't explain Holder not being able to bring himself to say that radical islam drove terrorist to their actions. But then again he isn't born into it, he is a part of it, as well as an apologist, and another prime example of "political correctness" in the extreme. The simple fact that he just would not admit it is proof positive.
Fatal Freedoms
 
  1  
Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:16 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;71815 wrote:
Prove it. Post the unequivocal proof that 97% of climatologist believe humans significantly contribute to global warming.


Is ScienceDaily a good enough source for you?

Scientists Agree Human-induced Global Warming Is Real, Survey Says



Quote:
How many people are in the scientific community? And what percentage is 30,000?


According to AAAS, there were 5.8 million science and engineering researchers in 2006.

30,000 would be approximately 0.0051724% of the total scientific community

Quote:
And what percentage is 30,000 of scientist that study the climate?


I would tell you that, except that 30,000 is already including scientists in other non-climate related fields of study. Which is exactly why it's a bullshit figure.
92b16vx
 
  1  
Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 08:53 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;71852 wrote:
Is ScienceDaily a good enough source for you?

Scientists Agree Human-induced Global Warming Is Real, Survey Says


Nope, not unequivocal. And ...2009? So much has happened since then it isn't even funny.

Quote:
According to AAAS, there were 5.8 million science and engineering researchers in 2006.

30,000 would be approximately 0.0051724% of the total scientific community

I would tell you that, except that 30,000 is already including scientists in other non-climate related fields of study. Which is exactly why it's a bull**** figure.


Prove it's a bull**** figure, don't just say it.
Anton Artaud
 
  1  
Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 09:08 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;71847 wrote:
Sounds about right to me. Though that doesn't explain Holder not being able to bring himself to say that radical islam drove terrorist to their actions. But then again he isn't born into it, he is a part of it, as well as an apologist, and another prime example of "political correctness" in the extreme. The simple fact that he just would not admit it is proof positive.


That is a topic I know nothing of and would never attempt an opinion. But I see your point. And your videos are great.
0 Replies
 
Fatal Freedoms
 
  1  
Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 10:30 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;71865 wrote:
Nope, not unequivocal. And ...2009? So much has happened since then it isn't even funny.


Now your just being stubborn, when your only complaint is that the survey was conducted a year ago. Give me a ******* break.

You can't dispute cold hard numbers so you have to grasp at any trivial excuses you can find.



Quote:
Prove it's a bull**** figure, don't just say it.


I already did. Not only did I show you that the vast majority who are educated in relevant fields of study disagree, that 30,000 is a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the scientific community. Furthermore your 30,000 is including engineers, vets, anthropologists, psychologists and other researchers that have no expertise whatsoever in earth science, and that their opinions don't matter on the question being asked.
0 Replies
 
sangesl
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 04:56 am
@NotHereForLong,
I have been learning about physics in school in a physics GCSE lessons for the past two years and I feel that it is a very serious matter. I think that global warming is a serious matter because of the temperature rise that might occur or another ice age. I think the temperature rise that many scientists said that will happen will affect many people and animals. The way it could affect the animals is that with the temperature rise the ice caps could melt which would affect most but if not all the animals that live in that area. Some other things that could happen are, the availability of clean water, the ability to grow enough food, the spread of infectious diseases, the occurrence of extreme weather events, and more. I think to help try and make a difference I think the electric cars are a massive breakthrough and will make a massive difference but there are many other ways to start making a difference, which many people have started by recycling. Some of the videos are very good. Some scientists have been saying “A baby born today when he reaches the age of 80, the world will be six and a half degrees warmer than it is now.”
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Global warming
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/03/2020 at 02:39:21