"Expert?" Says American Children Mentally Ill

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 11:12 am
"During the 1973 International Education Seminar, Harvard psychiatrist Chester M. Pierce, speaking as an expert in public education, said:
"Every child in America entering school at the age of five is mentally ill because he comes to school with certain allegiances to our founding fathers, toward our elected officials, toward his parents, toward a belief in a supernatural being, and toward the sovereignty of this nation as a separate entity. It's up to you as teachers to make all these sick children well by creating the international child of the future."

---- Chester M. Pierce, Harvard psychiatrist, speaking as an expert in public education at the 1973 International Education Seminar.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,418 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 07:34 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;43374 wrote:
"During the 1973 International Education Seminar, Harvard psychiatrist Chester M. Pierce, speaking as an expert in public education, said:
"Every child in America entering school at the age of five is mentally ill because he comes to school with certain allegiances to our founding fathers, toward our elected officials, toward his parents, toward a belief in a supernatural being, and toward the sovereignty of this nation as a separate entity. It's up to you as teachers to make all these sick children well by creating the international child of the future."

---- Chester M. Pierce, Harvard psychiatrist, speaking as an expert in public education at the 1973 International Education Seminar.

Interesting thoughts. I'd say the statement is over-the-top. Most kids here in Texas are raised to be patriotic, although most in my school have parents who are Democrats. I don't know any teacher who preaches liberalism, really. Our curriculum in history is centered on Western Civilization, and subtly promotes it. I'd have to say, in my experience, the opening statement here is off-target, considerably. :cool:
Brian764

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 07:51 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;43508 wrote:
Interesting thoughts. I'd say the statement is over-the-top. Most kids here in Texas are raised to be patriotic, although most in my school have parents who are Democrats. I don't know any teacher who preaches liberalism, really. Our curriculum in history is centered on Western Civilization, and subtly promotes it. I'd have to say, in my experience, the opening statement here is off-target, considerably. :cool:

Yes it is, but the problem is though that we have people in high office in this country who shares the thoughts of this so-called-expert. It's not the first time that I have heard or read statements like the one that I have posted, and in every case it's some wealthy or expert saying this kind of thing.

Even in time of slavery it was said that when a slave try to run away from his cruel master, it's because he is mentally ill. Or in another case, if a student gazing out side, because the child is board, it's because that student is mentally ill. The psychiatric profession is a very very criminal profession.

Their are people in position of influence or political office that would love to and are seeking to get as much people diagnose as being mentally ill, because it supports their bottom line....never under estimate the power of greed and lust for power and control.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 07:41 pm
@Brian764,
Yeah....that's part of the ultimate Stalinist nightmare -- asylums for the politically incorrect, draining the neighborhood electricity grid, with all its shock therapy.
0 Replies