Fears for dollar as central banks sell US assets

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 08:13 am
Financial Times | May 16, 2005
By Christopher Swann

The world's central banks were net sellers of US assets in March for the first time since September 2002, according to figures that may hint that the recent rebound in the dollar will be temporary.

Central banks sold a net $14.4bn in US assets during the month, the largest sale since August 1998, the US Treasury revealed. Asian central banks, however, continued to accumulate reserves, with their stockpiles rising by about $30bn over the month.

Article continues at link below.

Fears for dollar as central banks sell US assets
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,113 • Replies: 5
No top replies

briansol

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 12:18 pm
@Brian764,
the dollar is shot. one more penny lower and i'm about to start ForEx'ing with Canadian funds.
Brian764

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 01:45 pm
@briansol,
briansol;42617 wrote:
the dollar is shot. one more penny lower and i'm about to start ForEx'ing with Canadian funds.

The lesson we all should learn is that there is nothing that is set up by human beings will last fore ever...the day will come when the USA, (it has happened to all empires of history) is no longer a superpower as they call it.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 06:34 pm
@Brian764,
the lesson is that the federal reserve is a joke, and it is single handedly destroying our economy.

Cancel the fed reserve.

hrm, i wonder which presidential candidate supports this Very Happy
Brian764

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 06:45 pm
@briansol,
briansol;42646 wrote:
the lesson is that the federal reserve is a joke, and it is single handedly destroying our economy.

Cancel the fed reserve.

hrm, i wonder which presidential candidate supports this Very Happy

It always happens.... the people we put our trust in will let us down sooner or later.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 07:07 pm
@Brian764,
the federal reserve was pretty much a socilism act spewing out from the aftermath of the great depression.

ladies and gentelmen, we are IN the "roaring 20's" as we speak. october, 1929 is FAST approaching.
0 Replies