Why You Can Trust the Bible

Tulip cv

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 10:04 am
@Brian764,
it is more important to have a relationship with God, you know the one who is here, now, rather than to read a bunch of words hundreds of years old, compiled through humans who are error prone, naturally and understandably, badly translated to create completley new meanings, and this a bible that depicts God as a vengeful, jealous, paranoid, cruel, favorite-picker, fickle, angry, diety.
Just have a relationship, allow yourself a dialogue with God.
Brian764

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 10:55 am
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;44246 wrote:
it is more important to have a relationship with God, you know the one who is here, now, rather than to read a bunch of words hundreds of years old, compiled through humans who are error prone, naturally and understandably, badly translated to create completley new meanings, and this a bible that depicts God as a vengeful, jealous, paranoid, cruel, favorite-picker, fickle, angry, diety.
Just have a relationship, allow yourself a dialogue with God.

You know with all due respect those who say things like what you post, say these things because they have much difficulty in understanding the Bible. If our attitude towards the Bible is right, God will make, the Bible come through crystal clear….in time. I always take the approach, that if there is something that I have read in the Bible that I don't understand, then it's my lack of what is being said is the problem. I have found that because I take this approach, over time, sometimes weeks or days God opens my understanding.

God inspired His word to be written down and as certain as He was faithful in that, He will be faithful to use dedicated people, who will translate His words for us with no significant errors as possible. Yes, the modern English translations have minor errors here and there, but one can easily recognize them, if that person is being lead by the Holy Spirit. But for someone who is not, and is only looking for faults the Bible will only be like a stumbling block to them. Here is an example of a minor error in the English translations.

Genesis 1:1-2 (KJV)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Genesis 1:1-2 (NKJV)
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Notice that in the KJV the letter “S” is missing. The NKJV correct this error. This is the kind of error that I am talking about….they are minor and is almost quickly recognized if one is not locked into using just one translation of the Bible.

It is a lack of faith in God to preserve His word down to our time why someone like yourself have doughts about the accuracy of the Bible.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 04:56 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;44261 wrote:
You know with all due respect those who say
It is a lack of faith in God to preserve His word down to our time why someone like yourself have doughts about the accuracy of the Bible.

the whole part about "he without sin may cast the first stone..." was not even in the original greek bible but was put into the english versions also another MAJOR ERROR is jesus' name

his name as written in the original version was "Yeshua" and was translated as Jesus, but it is now known that the correct translation of the name yeshua is Joshua when translated into english....so the dude you love and worships real name is Joshua not Jesus!

This tells you about the accuracy of the Bible!
0 Replies