BBC Darwin Season

Numpty

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 01:38 am
One of the greatest ever scientists to have graced this most wonderous and evolved planet would've been 200 years old this year, to celebrate his birth the BBC are embarking on a series of documentaries and radio programes.

BBC - Darwin

Catch one of the shows here, I watched it last night, I knew most of it already but I was still a great watch

BBC iPlayer - What Darwin Didn't Know
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 944 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 08:18 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;63627 wrote:
One of the greatest ever scientists to have graced this most wonderous and evolved planet would've been 200 years old this year, to celebrate his birth the BBC are embarking on a series of documentaries and radio programes.

BBC - Darwin

Catch one of the shows here, I watched it last night, I knew most of it already but I was still a great watch

BBC iPlayer - What Darwin Didn't Know

BBC iPlayer is only available in the UK.. :frown:
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 11:27 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;63634 wrote:
BBC iPlayer is only available in the UK.. :frown:

I'm sure it'll find its way on the 'Tube soon enough.
Numpty

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 01:20 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;63635 wrote:
I'm sure it'll find its way on the 'Tube soon enough.

I just checked, it's not on there yet, Oh well. when you get around to it you will love it, the host and narrator is very enthusiastic and in awe of just what evolution actually is.

My favourite part is where they chase the ancestory of humans back to the times in which our common ancestors for chimps, gorillas and orang-utans split and the timescales given.

Anyone who watches with half an open mind will be blown away by the implications of 'Evo-devo'.
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 03:48 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;63636 wrote:
I just checked, it's not on there yet, Oh well. when you get around to it you will love it, the host and narrator is very enthusiastic and in awe of just what evolution actually is.

My favourite part is where they chase the ancestory of humans back to the times in which our common ancestors for chimps, gorillas and orang-utans split and the timescales given.

Anyone who watches with half an open mind will be blown away by the implications of 'Evo-devo'.

It's been getting harder to sneak education contraband past the religious Authority.

THINKING BAD. SCIENCE BAD.

/soapbox
0 Replies