The Book of Questions - Would You Become a Quadriplegic?

Sugar

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 09:51 am
I would answer no because...

The question doesn't imply that the Blue Whale would become extinct because you choose not to be paralyized.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 09:52 am
it doesn't? :::re-reading:::
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 09:55 am
uhm....maybe there is something going on with my comprehension *no matter* the point of the questions is received...

Sugar...can you just take that to be the implication?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 10:27 am
Well that settles it...on all of A2K Gautam has the biggest ............................................................................................... .......................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................... .................. imagination.
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 04:31 pm
If I didn't get Christopher Reeve's attitude to go with it...yes.

L
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 05:38 pm
How about this: I'll volunteer Gautam to be a quadraplegic for a year to save the whale.

Would that count?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 05:57 am
Lorna wrote:
If I didn't get Christopher Reeve's attitude to go with it...yes.

L

I think it's sad that if you or a family member has a rare condition, that you're best chance of funding into treatment is if someone rich and famous (or their child) suffers the same condition.

There's a beautiful young performer in this country undergoing treatment for cancer (Deltra Goodrem). I've found the media coverage disgusting. They made a big deal of her making a film clip while undergoing treatment. I know men who have undergone the same treatment while working in a STEEL PLANT, and they didn't earn a million dollars to do it. True heroes are rarely recognised.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 06:12 am
Wilso wrote:
Quote:
True heroes are rarely recognised.

I agree. As for my response to this rather unusual question, I would say no, indefinetely. Although I don't want the blue whale to die, I really wouldn't be able to sacrifice a year of my life to save it. I would hate to be pampered. Being paralyzed from the neck down would result in losing my job, my emotional and physical wellbeing and much more; I know that it may be selfish, but I just don't think I could give up that much for a whale.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 06:13 am
My answer is still no, because Blue Whale is good eats, and the blubber makes fine fuel. So long my ginormous friend! As long as I can walk, I can harpoon!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 06:28 am
Laughing That's very true...
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 10:10 am
Just to say I'm glad my comment wasn't taken the wrong way... Smile

L
0 Replies