Obama forming a formidable science team

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:29 am
Obama signals break with Bush in new science team - Yahoo! News

First Chu was appointed Energy sec, and now this. After eight years, science will no longer be taking a back seat to ideological doctrine, religious dogma and industrial pressure. It's about time.

I also hope that the pseudoscience so-called "intelligent design" movement to push religion in schools is dropped like a rhino that took a .577 to the skull.

"I'm a Christian, and I believe in parents being able to provide children with religious instruction without interference from the state. But I also believe our schools are there to teach worldly knowledge and science. I believe in evolution, and I believe there's a difference between science and faith. That doesn't make faith any less important than science. It just means they're two different things. And I think it's a mistake to try to cloud the teaching of science with theories that frankly don't hold up to scientific inquiry." - Bam.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 736 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 07:03 am
@Sabz5150,
About time. :thumbup:
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 11:35 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;63123 wrote:

"I'm a Christian, and I believe in parents being able to provide children with religious instruction without interference from the state. But I also believe our schools are there to teach worldly knowledge and science. I believe in evolution, and I believe there's a difference between science and faith. That doesn't make faith any less important than science. It just means they're two different things. And I think it's a mistake to try to cloud the teaching of science with theories that frankly don't hold up to scientific inquiry." - Bam.

What a line of crap.
Evolution is NOT science. It is itself a religion. supported "mostly" by "CONSENSUS" for proof. Nothing more than the findings of groups of people who support one another's theories because governments pay them to do so. Creating a fossil record that is as flexible a tool as any profession could only dream of.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 12:44 pm
@g-man,
g-man;63177 wrote:
What a line of crap.
Evolution is NOT science. It is itself a religion. supported "mostly" by "CONSENSUS" for proof. Nothing more than the findings of groups of people who support one another's theories because governments pay them to do so. Creating a fossil record that is as flexible a tool as any profession could only dream of.

I suppose you have fierce religious convictions? the only people who oppose evolution are the those from the religious sector, the last of scientific criticisms of evolution ended long ago, but it's deep seeded religiosity prevents people from accepting science that conflicts with their mythos. Despite all of this there has not been a single explanation (aside from evolution) that explains the fused chromosomes within the human genome, nor has there been a single explanation from biblical/Koranic literalists as to how ERV's occur. Not a single one!
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 06:12 am
@g-man,
g-man;63177 wrote:
What a line of crap.

Excellent. Then I suppose you will decide against any new medicine, right? I mean, those leeches are a heck of a lot better at treating disease than say modern medicine. If you get diabetes, you will refuse insulin, correct? If you need a blood transfusion, you will refuse it, correct? These are all things that evolutionary biology have allowed us to do.

"BUT THATZ DIFFURUNT!!!" response in three... two... one...

I'd love to hear how you think evolutionary biology, being one of the strongest cornerstones of modern science, is not science. I'm licking my chops at the chance to tear another creationist to shreds in front of a live audience.
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 05:53 am
@Sabz5150,
Still waiting for your explanation.

Also I take it that you do not trust paternity testing. You also don't trust DNA testing, right? Guess that the courts rely on religious mysticism to show innocence or guilt.

I'm guessing you think the bananas you find in stores are 100% unfooled around with. That or they are made with prayer and magic dust.

Flu shots are religion I suppose, too.

God must be a sneaky one... he obviously POOFed the LU mosquito, Primula Kewensis and Scarlet Robin within the last decade or two. That macroevolution stuff just isn't real, so God MUST have done his magic dust into life thing again.

Right?
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 11:50 pm
@Sabz5150,
And we are STILL waiting.

Tick-tock, G.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 06:12 am
@Sabz5150,
A new president later and no rebuttal!