Missing Matter Of Universe Found; Cosmic Web Discovered

Reply Tue 27 May, 2008 10:20 am
Missing Matter Of Universe Found; Cosmic Web Discovered

Although the universe contains billions of galaxies, only a small amount of its matter is locked up in these behemoths. Most of the universe's matter that was cooked up during and just after the Big Bang must be found elsewhere.

Now, in an extensive search of the relatively recent, local universe, University of Colorado at Boulder astronomers said they have definitively found about half of the missing normal matter, called baryons, in the spaces between the galaxies. This important component of the universe is known as the intergalactic medium and it extends essentially throughout all of space, from just outside our Milky Way galaxy to the most distant regions of space observed by astronomers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 787 • Replies: 2
No top replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:36 pm
@Sabz5150,
Are your telling me that you believe in the big bang? Or are you trying to blind us gain?
Sabz5150

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 03:50 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57504 wrote:
Are your telling me that you believe in the big bang? Or are you trying to blind us gain?

Pop quiz Sanchez!

Without using the intertubes, what is the Big Bang?

Again, CViews, he fails to even address the article and tries going for the "Is it a belief?!" Creo play I like to call the "Hail Mary". After that he'll pull a "Trigger" audible to a "Cause/causation" blitz.

He's nothing, if not consistent! - James Kirk
0 Replies