Onychonycteris: The bat's missing link

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 04:09 pm
Bats Flew First, Developed Echolocation Later, Fossilized Missing Link Shows

This new species shows that the ancestors of modern bats flew before they developed echolocation. It's a key piece of information for that evolutionary line.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 975 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 10:03 pm
@Sabz5150,
Everyday, everyday evolution is being confirmed. It will only be a matter of time before creationism is pushed to the fringes in the US as it has in almost all other modern societies.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 10:33 pm
@Sabz5150,
Interesting. That just adds more credibility to the Theory of Evolution.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 06:07 am
@Drakej,
Here's something my g/f showed me, and it's good clean evidence for evolution.

Sheep and deer eat meat in wild to boost diet | Independent, The (London) | Find Articles at BNET.com

Scottish Deer Are Culprits in Bird Killings

Apparently there's this island off of Scotland where the deer, due to lack of proper nutrients in the plant life, have become predatory. They're hunting these little birds and eating them. Granted it's an easy hunt, but it is still predatory behavior.

Deer. Hunting. Meat. Need I say more?

The deer have adapted to an environmental change. Life evolves in the endless pursuit of survival.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 04:12 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;53764 wrote:
Here's something my g/f showed me, and it's good clean evidence for evolution.

Sheep and deer eat meat in wild to boost diet | Independent, The (London) | Find Articles at BNET.com

Scottish Deer Are Culprits in Bird Killings

Apparently there's this island off of Scotland where the deer, due to lack of proper nutrients in the plant life, have become predatory. They're hunting these little birds and eating them. Granted it's an easy hunt, but it is still predatory behavior.

Deer. Hunting. Meat. Need I say more?

The deer have adapted to an environmental change. Life evolves in the endless pursuit of survival.

yeah i saw a video of that, crazy isn't it?
Reagaknight

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 09:05 pm
@Sabz5150,
Looks like God's been having a lot of fun lately. Very Happy
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 01:52 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;53779 wrote:
yeah i saw a video of that, crazy isn't it?

I do not think it is all that crazy, kind of odd to think of a deer eating meat but that is evolution for you. I think that it adds even more fuel to the fire of Evolution. If God created all things on Earth one would think that they are hard wired and are meant to serve one specific purpose. Deer eating birds = not the specific purpose...
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:33 am
@Sabz5150,
Who said that if God created everything on Earth everything would have a specific purpose? We know evolution is a fact, the world is 4.6 billion years old and has gone through different cycles of dominant life, but it's not irreconcilable with an intelligent creator, who could easily be God.
Drakej

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 12:38 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53795 wrote:
Who said that if God created everything on Earth everything would have a specific purpose? We know evolution is a fact, the world is 4.6 billion years old and has gone through different cycles of dominant life, but it's not irreconcilable with an intelligent creator, who could easily be God.

Well according to the bible God created everything exactly how it was created. I really do not see how the two theory's can live together. Unless God said 7 days meaning 7 God days. Then 7 God days translates to 4.6 billion years. Then when He stated that he created all the animals he was actually meaning that he created little things that live in the sea that will one day evolve into the creatures he intended.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 12:44 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53795 wrote:
Who said that if God created everything on Earth everything would have a specific purpose?

Christians. :dunno:
Drakej

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 05:11 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;53798 wrote:
Christians. :dunno:

That was my thought as well...
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 02:25 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53795 wrote:

And just as easily not exist whatsoever. Again, you attempt to put a supernatural reason to a question that can be answered using natural causes. How does an evolutionary change due to environmental alteration denote a creator doing something? We know what's going on, why it's going on, where's the purpose for throwing God into the mix?

If you can present evidence of this "God", then by all means do so. Otherwise it is pointless to try and inject him into an explanation.
Drakej

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 04:23 pm
@Sabz5150,
It has always been my understanding that there is either a God or Evolution is correct. I do not see how you can mix and match to fit the evidence.
Reagaknight

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:01 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;53820 wrote:
It has always been my understanding that there is either a God or Evolution is correct. I do not see how you can mix and match to fit the evidence.

Evolution never explained how life started.
Reagaknight

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:02 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;53819 wrote:
And just as easily not exist whatsoever. Again, you attempt to put a supernatural reason to a question that can be answered using natural causes. How does an evolutionary change due to environmental alteration denote a creator doing something? We know what's going on, why it's going on, where's the purpose for throwing God into the mix?

If you can present evidence of this "God", then by all means do so. Otherwise it is pointless to try and inject him into an explanation.

Again, where's the ironclad explanation of the origins of life? Until you got it, I'll believe what I want and God seems to work for most people.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:17 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53836 wrote:
Again, where's the ironclad explanation of the origins of life? Until you got it, I'll believe what I want and God seems to work for most people.

This is nothing against you or anything but most people are stupid. I think my IQ surpased that of an average american when I was like 15.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 06:09 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53836 wrote:

Why ask science for an "ironclad" explanation of something while you freely believe an explanation that is even less "ironclad" than the scientific one?
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 08:47 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53834 wrote:
Evolution never explained how life started.

Not it's job.
0 Replies