Christmas sucks BIG-Time!!

drom et reve

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 04:20 am
Hebba; even though I have never met you before, it's a delight to see you here now Very Happy.

Aw... I love your sozlet's drawings; they're so cute... they beat the output of most modern artists today. You could give them money along with those pictures, it would be nice. I like Diane's idea too.

Cash is impersonal, but sometimes it is the best option. I prefer to get people something, because shoving £25 at someone just isn't the same. When one gets a (good) present, one has a feeling of something that will last, whereas money is... money. Still, as a student, money is better than some weird kind of Santa suit, or some crappy video.

Typerwriters with... radios in them?? That's completely bizarre! I do that kind of thing with money; it's not weird, it's proportionality.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 04:48 am
Hey, thread hijackers - like CHRISTMAS SUCKS. I can't remember sticking a poll on this!! Craven!! They're ganging up on me!!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 04:59 am
Agh, telling off us to Craven; how deplorable!

Anyhow, Craven has made Christmas emoticons; this automatically means that he's on the Revellers' side! :p

0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 05:10 am
Pigs-arse he has!! (_!_)

Release Craven's grannie at once you chickens!! And we'll see who's side he's on!!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 05:13 am
He made mine! Bring on the granny, she's already on the Christmas side, even if you tried to indoctrinate her. I de-indoctrinated her, by taking her 'round an antiques store and exchanging Christmas stories..

MWAHAHAHAHAHA
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 05:35 am
Two weeks of surf'n'sun and two more weeks of convivial tasting of Australian wine* will sort out her/Craven/or even you ****-knuckle! Bring it on!!

*qualifier, there is no Australian equivalent for 'convivial tasting of wine'.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 07:14 am
It is indeed true that the Danes go quite mad at this time of year.
Have done a bit of mad-going in my own small way.
Thanks Diane and D et R for your kind words.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 07:45 am
Just wanted to pop in to say that Christmas does suck....for millions of starving children who need your help this year. For just a dollar a day you can sponsor a fly-ridden starving African like this particularily disgusting but cute one we are now showing you on your TV screen. You may ask why Sally Struthers is no longer our spokesperson. There was a bit of ugliness when she started eating the children. Call today, and give generously.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:40 am
Hebba, I've camped with Danes. They go quite mad any time of year, particularly screaming screaming in the outhouse. My experience, anyway.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:42 am
Is screaming in the outhouse anything like smoking in the boy's room?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:51 am
(Relinquishing thread to the naysayers.)

(Btw the brown one isn't supposed to be cute! I mean, maybe it is, I dunno, but even to a mother's eyes it looks like a biohazard-ish brown smudge. Not for framing.) (The snowman is cute, though.)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 09:46 am
sozobe wrote:
Btw the brown one isn't supposed to be cute! I mean, maybe it is, I dunno, but even to a mother's eyes it looks like a biohazard-ish brown smudge.

Maybe it is the light, but I'm sure I see a rainbow there. This is, after all, the child who saw a family of orangutans in the tree...she has the soul of an artist.

And HEBBA!!! Hebba, Hebba, it is great to "see" you. The long dark days have brought you back, I guess. Is the Hebblet taking after her pa and carving things? ...or at least chewing them with her teeth?

Please, more details about going wild, Dane or no. We seem to need some good tips on high-level revels. Do we need lots of ice, I'm wondering? One would think that our Antipodean Scrooge and his posse would welcome a fresh influx of this and not be pooh-poohing every bit of revelry we manage to wrest from this Vale of Tears.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 09:57 am
hebba wrote:
It is indeed true that the Danes go quite mad at this time of year.
Have done a bit of mad-going in my own small way.
Thanks Diane and D et R for your kind words.

Laughing Do you, now? No problem, Hebba.

By the way, Danes do have a tendancy to go mad at this time in the year. So do Norwegians, but to a lesser extent. In fact, I have my own favourite 'Danes-going-mad-at-this-time-of-the-year short movie,' Gråvejr.

Ahahaha... I'll donate, as long as you promise to take Struthers off the air. She frightens the whole of the Italian department.

I really like the weirdy brown smudge thing. Turn it around, and it's a fish; you can see its mouth, its fins and its tale. It's nice. I'm even considering buying it off you and selling it to the Guggenheim museum. Well no. I really think that it's cute though.

Well, you might have surf and sun, but I have something for everyone's taste, and the fury of Deb is behind me. When I say I have something for everyone's taste, I mean it. Everything from free holidays to Paraguay to nights out with strange Slovenians. I have loads of wine too, so there! Laughing Plus, given the choice of either reveling with 98% of the people here and I, or sulking in the corner, shouting 'Christmas is crap' every fifteen minutes, I think anyone in right mind would choose the former... frolicking away!

0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 11:45 am
Wondering if there are MANY Danes-going-mad-at-this-time-of-year short movies around.
Anyway,Piffka,it´s a fleeting visit!!The youngster you asked about is just fine-no carvings yet.
Christmas in Paraguay?
That could suck,if in the wrong company,I suppose.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 12:19 pm
Surprisingly yes; they form the basis of why this French girl whom I know is trying to learn Danish. It's a fine genre: there should be more.

How old is your daughter, hebba? I do hope that you'll stick around.

Christmas in Paraguay could only suck if in the wrong company. So could drinking a lot in Australia. Nevertheless, this Christmas in Paraguay will have sufficient frolicking. Yes, there is a Danes-going-made-at-this-time-of-the-year section, for equality Laughing. Plus, who wouldn't want to spend Christmas with fifty others and I, in someplace in Paraguay to which Western people have never been? Plus, copious amounts of wine!

0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 12:37 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Well, you might have surf and sun, but I have something for everyone's taste, and the fury of Deb is behind me. Plus,vgiven the choice of either reveling with 98% of the people here and I, or sulking in the corner, shouting 'Christmas is crap' every fifteen minutes, I think anyone in right mind would choose the former... frolicking away!

C'mon people, we are talking about Mr Stillwater here! Known in other areas as Pondscum! Right mind, indeed!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 12:45 pm
Then why do suicides spike every Christmas? Too much of a good thing? Wink
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 12:52 pm
margo wrote:
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Well, you might have surf and sun, but I have something for everyone's taste, and the fury of Deb is behind me. Plus,vgiven the choice of either reveling with 98% of the people here and I, or sulking in the corner, shouting 'Christmas is crap' every fifteen minutes, I think anyone in right mind would choose the former... frolicking away!

C'mon people, we are talking about Mr Stillwater here! Known in other areas as Pondscum! Right mind, indeed!

lol... I wasn't appealing to Mr. Stillwater's good sense; that's more of a forlorn hope. Laughing

Bringing in the thorny issue of suicide is a bit below-the-belt, I must say, Patio. People kill themselves all the time; that doesn't reflect whether an event is good or not, that just shows loneliness and desperation. However good Christmas might be, it cannot stop that.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 01:00 pm
Ah, but more often during the holidays. Just trying to keep the spirit of the thread alive...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 01:11 pm
Being alone at such a time is sad. Thus, would you suggest that we abolish all holidays?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:52:18