For some, their vote has a price

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 09:42 am
Most at NYU say their vote has a price - Lily Quateman - Washington Square News - Politico.com

THIS is what's wrong with America.

Carlin was right. We've been bought off with toys, gizmos and distractions.

:no:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 949 • Replies: 5
No top replies

klyph

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 12:10 pm
@Sabz5150,
This is another reason why we should abolish the electoral college, make it strictly the popular vote. What purpose does the EC serve anyway?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 02:47 pm
@klyph,
Since the very begining of this country the president has always been rich, very rich!
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 03:29 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;45502 wrote:
Most at NYU say their vote has a price - Lily Quateman - Washington Square News - Politico.com

THIS is what's wrong with America.

Carlin was right. We've been bought off with toys, gizmos and distractions.

:no:

I agree. From my experience, alot of people that are around me A- Dont vote or B- Vote how all of there friends expect them to vote. Regardless of the effectiveness of the EC, that is the way it is. And it is our duty as Americans to take part in the event. If you do not vote, well I guess you don't have a right to complain.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 02:46 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;45753 wrote:
I agree. From my experience, alot of people that are around me A- Dont vote or B- Vote how all of there friends expect them to vote. Regardless of the effectiveness of the EC, that is the way it is. And it is our duty as Americans to take part in the event. If you do not vote, well I guess you don't have a right to complain.

When I was young, my social studies and civics teachers told me "Your right to vote is one of the most important things in this country. Always exercise it, never let anyone take it away from you."

When I turned 18, I filled out my selective service and voting registration. I've voted at every chance I can. Voting is part of being an American citizen and all who can vote should vote at every opportunity.

Let nobody silence your voice. :patriot:
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 05:53 pm
@Sabz5150,
To bad this mentality does not reign supreme through the country Sad
0 Replies