Peter Schweizer: Liberals Are More Selfish Than Conservatives

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 05:40 pm
Quote:
Monday, June 2, 2008 1:51 PM

By: Ronald Kessler Article Font Size

Newsmax.com - Peter Schweizer: Liberals Are More Selfish Than ConservativesSome 71 percent of conservatives say they have an obligation to care for a seriously injured spouse or parent, compared with 46 percent for liberals. Asked if they would endure all things for the one they love, 55 percent of conservatives say yes, compared with 26 percent of liberals.

Quote:
In fact, Schweizer writes, self-described liberals and Democrats, who profess to be tolerant, are much more likely to embrace stereotypes of Jews than conservatives or Republicans.
Who does this sound like?

Quote:
Schweizer cites similar research to show that even when they are in the same income brackets, liberals are far more likely to complain about their jobs, families, neighbors, health, and their relative wealth than conservatives.
Whinners i tell ya

Quote:
I wonder how this pertains to liberal science fundamentalists? Have you hugged a conservative lately? Probably not, LOL.

Quote:
Liberals tend to work less hard and are more likely than conservatives to embrace leisure time as desirable. When asked if competition is good, those who defined themselves as very liberal say yes only 14 percent of the time, compared with 43 percent for conservatives.

43 percent, wow.

Quote:

No wonder the claim openminded tolerance, there lookin for victims.

Quote:
But Schweizer exposes hypocrisy at the core of liberal beliefs. While liberals claim to be compassionate and to care about the poor, conservatives are much more likely to donate their time and money to charitable causes.
Shame on you.

Quote:
In contrast, George Bush gave 10 percent of his income to charity in 2005. In 2005, Barack Obama made $1.7 million, or 2.5 times what Bush made that year, but gave the same amount to charity as Bush did. That same year, Dick Cheney gave away 77 percent of his income to charity.

Boy, even a monkey that fooled the world and the puppet master give more then a comparable lib. How hypocritical. I'd like to talk more about some of the information in this article, I know the custumary habit for the lib contigent is to attack the messenger, maybe this time you can attack the substance of the aritcle? Any off topic banter i will ask that it be removed by reporting the offending post. MmmmK.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 908 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 06:07 pm
@DiversityDriven,
Quote:
Why Conservatives Work Harder, Feel Happier . . . and Even Hug Their Children More Than Liberals,

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/tempest2s/bullshit2028amplifieren1.gif
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 04:35 am
@DiversityDriven,
Peter Schweizer (b. 1964) is a conservative author and a research fellow at the Hoover Institution. (1)

The Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace is a conservative public policy think tank(2)

Surprise, surprise. How... objective, as you like to say. Bias from the start to end.

But, ladies and gentlemen, all cakes need their icing.

Newsmax Media is a news organization founded by journalist Christopher W. Ruddy and based in West Palm Beach, Florida. It runs the Newsmax.com website and publishes Newsmax Magazine. Ruddy, who serves as editor-in-chief, describes Newsmax.com as "the leading independent online news site with a conservative perspective." (3)

Even hosted on a site with an admitted slant (they call it "perspective").

This is the "opinion" you always blame things to be, Sanchez. Nice way to clutter the forum, though.

'Pedia entries

(1) Peter Schweizer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(2) Hoover Institution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(3)NewsMax Media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 03:33 pm
@DiversityDriven,
Quote:
Peter Schweizer (b. 1964) is a conservative author and a research fellow at the Hoover Institution. (1)

And your accomplishments?

Quote:
The Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace is a conservative public policy think tank(2)
And your think tank, huffington post, move on, democratic underground?

Quote:
Surprise, surprise. How... objective, as you like to say. Bias from the start to end.
About the same objectiveness as a liberal science fundamentalist huh?
Quote:
But, ladies and gentlemen, all cakes need their icing.

Newsmax Media is a news organization founded by journalist Christopher W. Ruddy and based in West Palm Beach, Florida. It runs the Newsmax.com website and publishes Newsmax Magazine. Ruddy, who serves as editor-in-chief, describes Newsmax.com as "the leading independent online news site with a conservative perspective." (3)
Just as i thought. You have no arguement for the substance of the article, but you have alot to say about the messengers. How objectively scientific of you.
Quote:
Even hosted on a site with an admitted slant (they call it "perspective").
You mean you tell me the sites you post are not slanted? Would some of the sites you quote from be slanted twards science, na, that would make them less the objective wouldn't it.
Quote:
This is the "opinion" you always blame things to be, Sanchez. Nice way to clutter the forum, though.
If you can, i guess i am at liberty too.
Quote:
'Pedia entries

(1) Peter Schweizer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(2) Hoover Institution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(3)NewsMax Media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia- that bastion of wisdom and almost truths.
DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 03:37 pm
@DiversityDriven,
More tolerance from the left:

denver craigslist > rants & raves

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This posting has been flagged for removal
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 03:39 pm
@DiversityDriven,
Here's one link from daylife.com what does wiki say about them?

Peter Schweizer: Liberals Are More Selfish Than Conservatives - Daylife
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 03:40 pm
@DiversityDriven,
Heres another, what the skinny on them.

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 03:41 pm
@DiversityDriven,
Now instead of talking about the people posting the work, you can argue the statements in the article?
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 03:45 pm
@DiversityDriven,
Quote:
While Schweizer does not address attitudes about national security (the subject of his next book), he says liberals are more concerned about what others think than conservatives. When asked what is most important to prepare a child for life, 40 percent of liberals listed “being popular” among them, compared with 24 percent of conservatives.
Let me guess, you wanted to be popular?

Quote:
Schweizer attributes liberals’ bleaker outlook on life to their deep-seated victim mentality.
This feeds a view that they cannot help themselves and encourages them to be passive. They are far more likely to say that luck or fate plays a role in their lives, as opposed to citing the need to take action themselves.
Just keeps geting better.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 11:10 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57543 wrote:

Only if you think science is a liberal concept.

Quote:
Just as i thought. You have no arguement for the substance of the article, but you have alot to say about the messengers.

what substance? It's 100% opinion.

Quote:
How objectively scientific of you.

the same can not be said of the article.

Quote:
Would some of the sites you quote from be slanted twards science, na, that would make them less the objective wouldn't it.

Please tell me that this is a satire. :wtf:
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 05:18 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57543 wrote:
And your accomplishments?

You'll see Smile

Quote:
And your think tank, huffington post, move on, democratic underground?

The what? I don't read the huffer. Moveon makes commercials and the Dem Underground? Never read any of that.

Quote:

What are those? Did you take the term 'conservative christian fundamentalist' and simply try to stuff as many antonyms in there as possible?

Thesaurus, you're doing it wrong.

Quote:
Just as i thought. You have no arguement for the substance of the article, but you have alot to say about the messengers.

Sure I do. I'm one of those "liberal" things, and to tell you the truth, I'm a pretty happy person. Actually, I'm on top of the world. Nice home, wonderful wife, all the movies, games and music I could ever watch, a pool and hot tub mere feet away from me, 400 channels of television and a microfiber couch to enjoy 'em on.

But ya know what? I have the 10+ hours per day blue collar job it takes to have those things. I'm literally living what is called the American dream, and that is far from selfish.

Quote:
How objectively scientific of you.

Garbage in. Garbage out.

Quote:
You mean you tell me the sites you post are not slanted? Would some of the sites you quote from be slanted twards science, na, that would make them less the objective wouldn't it.

Not when you're discussing... wait for it... science! Now, if Scidaily (this is the site you are complaining about) were to post up something about religion or deities or magic spells, yeah they're out the door.

What you're trying to do is similar to saying a cookbook is biased towards food.

You keep using that word... objective. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote:
If you can, i guess i am at liberty too.

I actually put useful articles here. What you posted has nothing to do with science, tech or humanities.

Quote:
Wikipedia- that bastion of wisdom and almost truths.

See something wrong on the Pedia? Change it. You can do that, you know... right? That's where its objectivity comes from.

Or are you mad because God isn't categorized as science.
0 Replies