evolution evidence

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:05 am
Darwins theory says we come from nothing, pond sludge? Why has science never been able to produce something from nothing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 901 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:08 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55804 wrote:
Darwins theory says we come from nothing, pond sludge? Why has science never been able to produce something from nothing?

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t64/chickiepea86/fail.jpg

I'd love for you to show me exactly where evolutionary theory states this.

Here's a hint: It doesn't.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:11 am
@DiversityDriven,
Where does every thing come from that evolution produces? Did it come from an infinite or finite source?
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 07:30 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55807 wrote:
Where does every thing come from that evolution produces? Did it come from an infinite or finite source?

What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

The origins of life are its own world. Evolutionary science never touches this area because that is not it's job. Therefore it is irrelevant in a debate discussing evidence of evolution.

However, there has been a bit of evidence added to the panspermia corner of the boxing ring as of recent, surprisingly enough.

Meteorites delivered the 'seeds' of Earth's left-hand life
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 11:21 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55807 wrote:

Evolution explains the diversification of life, not the origin of it. If you're gonna start this argument please know the difference between evolution and abiogenesis.

End of argument! :thumbup:
DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 09:22 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;55810 wrote:

The origins of life are its own world. Evolutionary science never touches this area because that is not it's job. Therefore it is irrelevant in a debate discussing evidence of evolution.

However, there has been a bit of evidence added to the panspermia corner of the boxing ring as of recent, surprisingly enough.

Meteorites delivered the 'seeds' of Earth's left-hand life
Quote:
Can you answer the question or not?
Quote:
The origins of life are its own world.
And i'm asking your opinion on it, do you not have one? What the matter, subject a little to sensitive for you?
Quote:
Evolutionary science never touches this area because that is not it's job.
How is it not, without a subject evolution is nothing. How did the subject come to being and why did supposedly evolution direct it's course? Why is it i can ask but you are not objective enough to.
Quote:
Therefore it is irrelevant in a debate discussing evidence of evolution.
Irrelevant to someone who cannot encompass the question. According to evolution, it's been around from the very start right? So was it around before us? Did it start on this planet, is it prodominant throughout the universe? Why is it forbidden to ask question like these?
DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 09:29 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;55831 wrote:
Evolution explains the diversification of life, not the origin of it. If you're gonna start this argument please know the difference between evolution and abiogenesis.

End of argument! :thumbup:
Quote:
Evolution explains the diversification of life, not the origin of it.
When were they separate? You can't explain where life came from but i'm supposed to believe your explanation of evolutions effect on it? So where did evolution derive from? Certainly not from the man that explained it? So the story goes, evolution was shooting a cruz around the galaxy and happened on a planet we call earth?
Quote:
End of argument!
It's only the end because that as far as you guys can take it. I guess science is limited to some people's comprehension.
Sabz5150

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 09:41 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;56490 wrote:
Can you answer the question or not?

Can't be answered yet. Such a thing (a) requires the nature of the universe to be known, and (b) not part of evolutionary science, so it is pointless.

It has no place in this debate. This is where your lack of knowledge starts to show.

Quote:
And i'm asking your opinion on it, do you not have one? What the matter, subject a little to sensitive for you?

Nope, just out of reach. Again, not evolutionary science. What does this have to do with the subject at hand?

Quote:
How is it not, without a subject evolution is nothing. How did the subject come to being and why did supposedly evolution direct it's course?

Evolutionary science deals with the diversification of life, nothing more. Origins of life are a different field entirely. All that the evolutionary process requires is life to exist. It doesn't matter where it comes from whatsoever. Never has, never will.

Life could very well be the result of an invisible pink unicorn from Jupiter blasting us with a ray from his great horn. It could be the result of a teapot in orbit between Earth and Mars. His Holy Noodliness could have done it. It could be the result of just the right temperature and ingredients to form complex proteins.

Of all of those, only one will be accepted by science: the last one. Wonder why? It's the only one we can test, measure and observe. It is the only hypothesis that can be validated or invalidated.

Quote:
Why is it i can ask but you are not objective enough to.

I can ask all day. I can also be quite objective about it. I however must be scientific about it. Saying Goddidit doesn't work. That's not objectivity, because I cannot give equal testing to it and the scientific theory.

Let's pose a question to you, and see if you can answer it: How can one be "objective" to a view that is not held to the same standard as other views? Why does this view not require evidence like all the others, why does it not need testing like all the others, why does it not need to go through the same process?

In fact, I am being quite objective to the views of creation and intelligent design. It does NOT stand up like the scientific view. It does NOT have any evidence or predictive power like the scientific view. Therefore it is discarded because it has LESS.

Quote:
Irrelevant to someone who cannot encompass the question. According to evolution, it's been around from the very start right? So was it around before us? Did it start on this planet, is it prodominant throughout the universe? Why is it forbidden to ask question like these?

There is no forbidden to these questions. There is however ignorance to them.

Read closely: Evolution does NOT deal with the origins of life. This is why your attempts to criticize evolution using it is completely laughable. I can total your argument just from the SECOND SENTENCE. You don't get the answer you are looking for because you are asking the wrong question. You don't ask a plumber to fix a car. You don't ask a welder to build a wood cabinet. Similarly, you don't ask evolution for the origins of life.

You need to stop and learn. Understand why you are asking the wrong questions instead of being upset because you get the wrong answer. Learn. Learn these theories, understand what they mean and what they say. Because, and I am being honest here, you sound like a six year old trying to figure out the inner workings of a jet engine.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 10:05 am
@DiversityDriven,
Quote:
Can't be answered yet. Such a thing (a) requires the nature of the universe to be known,

The nature is known, it came from a finite source.
Quote:
Nope, just out of reach. Again, not evolutionary science. What does this have to do with the subject at hand?
When did supposedly evolution come into play? It's not out of reach, it's out of your reach.
Quote:
Evolutionary science deals with the diversification of life, nothing more.
Diversification from what? There was a starting point do you not agree? Why is this so hard for you to see.
Quote:
I can ask all day. I can also be quite objective about it. I however must be scientific about it. Saying Goddidit doesn't work. That's not objectivity, because I cannot give equal testing to it and the scientific theory.
I haven't asked you if god did it, i'm asking you what you think did? As of yet, you can't answer?
Quote:
Let's pose a question to you, and see if you can answer it: How can one be "objective" to a view that is not held to the same standard as other views? Why does this view not require evidence like all the others, why does it not need testing like all the others, why does it not need to go through the same process?
One word, faith. You know, the word your afraid of.
Quote:
Evolution does NOT deal with the origins of life.
Yeah we know, i personally think it's because it's believer aren't objective enough to see the forest through the trees.
Sabz5150

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 02:00 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;56510 wrote:
The nature is known, it came from a finite source.

Really? You know the exact nature of the universe? Be so kind as to explain it to us.

One who does not know science should not discuss it. Run along, child.

Quote:
When did supposedly evolution come into play?

When life appeared. Not one second before.

Quote:
It's not out of reach, it's out of your reach.

Wrong again. I'll just keep showing this forum how much of an idiot you are until they basically drive you out. Again...

Evolution does nothing with the origins of life. You're still trying to prop up this argument you THINK will work, and I am not letting ya Smile The usual "Well, where did the FIRST stuff come from? Ha! Must be GOD!"

Sorry homeslice, aint happening.

Quote:
Diversification from what?

The first forms of life. Are you that dense?

Quote:
There was a starting point do you not agree?

Everything has a starting point? Except you. You seem to not have any points whatsoever.

Quote:
Why is this so hard for you to see.

Because I see clearly where you are taking this BS creationist argument of yours. I'm knocking down your strawman before you set him up.

Quote:
I haven't asked you if god did it, i'm asking you what you think did?

And I am asking YOU what did it as well, however YOU refuse to answer questions. You are the one with fear of your beliefs, you are afraid they are wrong. C'mon Sanchez, if you are as bad as you think, you'll play by your own rules. But we all know what's gonna happen.

Quote:
As of yet, you can't answer?

I can give answers with lots of evidence. However, JUST LIKE YOU, I cannot know the exact nature of life's origin.

Quote:
One word, faith. You know, the word your afraid of.

Three words: I don't know. The three words YOU are afraid of. If you didn't fear them, you wouldn't swap them for GOD.

Quote:
Yeah we know, i personally think it's because it's believer aren't objective enough to see the forest through the trees.

No, it's because you have the IQ of a carrot and cannot understand basic scientific concepts. Again, that's not my fault... probably had something to do with gravity and a hard concrete surface.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 04:47 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;56493 wrote:
When were they separate?

always have been, evolution is an older theory.

Quote:
You can't explain where life came from but i'm supposed to believe your explanation of evolutions effect on it?

regardless of where life came from, whether life was created from a god or is the result of a chemical reaction, it would still work the same way.

Quote:
So where did evolution derive from? Certainly not from the man that explained it? So the story goes, evolution was shooting a cruz around the galaxy and happened on a planet we call earth?

non-sequitar.

Quote:

It's only the end because that as far as you guys can take it. I guess science is limited to some people's comprehension.

yes, my explanation is limited to your comprehension.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 05:35 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;56493 wrote:
When were they separate? You can't explain where life came from but i'm supposed to believe your explanation of evolutions effect on it? So where did evolution derive from? Certainly not from the man that explained it? So the story goes, evolution was shooting a cruz around the galaxy and happened on a planet we call earth?

Evolution and the origins of life have always been separate. Evolution never touches on life's origin... it's not meant to. That's not what it does. Evolution explains why life is diverse. It shows that if you go far along back down the family tree, all eukaryotic life is related.

Life is a variable within itself.

Now, when you ask "where did evolution derive from", you gotta be more specific, Sanchez. The idea was derived in part by a few people. Charlie D solidified it, brought evidence to light and shared his findings with the world.

Where did the process of evolution derive from? That's a different bag o' cookies. That started when life began reproducing on its own, when random changes due to inherent imperfections started to get tossed into the mix. It was quickly accelerated due to the fact that Earth has finite space and resources... a bad thing for life which if unchecked could grow indefinitely and geometrically.

Evolution is an inherent process of life brought forth by the simple fact that life is imperfect. Random changes filtered through non-random environments. It brings order to chaos without diminishing its spice. The scientific "cat herder" if you will.

Quote:

We go where the evidence goes. We follow the facts. The reason we don't take you seriously is you have yet to bring forth any facts. How can you consider a debate "objective", as you like to say, when one idea can be treated equally to another while possessing none of the evidence, validation, predictive power and observation of its counterpart? Secondly, you try and battle it based on something it is not meant to cover. You don't blame the theory of gravity for not being able to explain the origin of matter, do you?

It's not how far we can take it, Sanchez... it's how far you can follow, and sadly that's not very far at this point in time.
0 Replies