Gang Member and A 2nd grader story.

mlurp

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 05:36 pm
Two stories here about our current society. Now this doesn't cover our society in full but no body can make that many posts good or bad about America. The link after the first story leads to others and the story below it on the second grader. Short reads and if you have any opinions please post them, thanks.

Former Calif. gang member gets 126 years 2 hours, 18 minutes ago

RIVERSIDE, Calif. - A former gang member convicted in a jewelry heist that resembled robberies he described in his memoir has been sentenced to 126 years in prison.

ADVERTISEMENT

Colton Simpson, 41, declined to speak during Friday's sentencing hearing and showed no reaction when Superior Court Judge F. Paul Dickerson III issued the sentence.

Simpson, who has previous felony convictions, was sentenced under the state's three strikes law. He was found guilty of robbery, burglary and grand theft for his role in a 2003 heist at a Robinsons-May Co. department store jewelry counter in Temecula.

Simpson was accused of being the mastermind and getaway car driver. Two unidentified men, who were not prosecuted, were accused of entering the store and actually pulling off the heist.

Dickerson permitted Simpson's 2005 memoir, "Inside the Crips: Life Inside L.A.'s Most Notorious Gang," to be presented as evidence during the trial.

Prosecutors argued that a visit by Simpson to the jewelry counter two days before the robbery was similar to scenes in the book.

Former Calif. gang member gets 126 years - Yahoo! News

And this................................... Which has a link at the above site.

2nd-grader suspended for drawing of gun 2 hours, 48 minutes ago

DENNIS TOWNSHIP, N.J. - A second-grader's drawing of a stick figure shooting a gun earned him a one-day school suspension.

ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Walker, 7, was suspended last week for violating Dennis Township Primary School's zero-tolerance policy on guns, the boy's mother, Shirley McDevitt, told The Press of Atlantic City.

Kyle gave the picture to another child on the school bus, and that child's parents complained about it to school officials, McDevitt said. Her son told her the drawing was of a water gun, she said.

A photocopy of the picture provided by McDevitt showed two stick figures with one pointing a crude-looking gun at the other, the newspaper said. What appeared to be the word "me" was written above the shooter, with another name scribbled above the other figure.

School officials declined to comment Friday. A message left at the superintendent's office Saturday was not returned.

Kyle drew other pictures, including a skateboarder, King Tut, a ghost, a tree and a Cyclops, the newspaper reported.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,608 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 09:10 pm
@mlurp,
I found the drawing in question!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/Fatal_Freedoms/crappy_drawing.jpg
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 12:55 pm
@mlurp,
I advocate open public warfare against America's gangs. Gangsters should be hunted down and shot on sight.
Drakej

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 03:36 pm
@mlurp,
Yup that is a great mentality. What if save all that money on guns and ammo and maybe do something productive with it? Like maybe educate school grade kids against gangs and drugs etc. What about something as crazy as free after school programs that get kids into sports, trade skills, hobbies or some place they can just hang out and play video games? That way they don't start out as a lookout for Johnny Smack Dealer, and then become a runner/user, full fledged member of the crew? The reason why gangs run rampant in parts of the country is because that is all they know. They don't know that if they stay in school and get good grades there are jobs right out of high school that pay really well. But I guess just killing everyone and not working towards a solution is a great idea as well, its also easier and a lot more F-U-N for everyone!
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 05:31 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;45754 wrote:
Yup that is a great mentality. What if save all that money on guns and ammo and maybe do something productive with it? Like maybe educate school grade kids against gangs and drugs etc. What about something as crazy as free after school programs that get kids into sports, trade skills, hobbies or some place they can just hang out and play video games? That way they don't start out as a lookout for Johnny Smack Dealer, and then become a runner/user, full fledged member of the crew? The reason why gangs run rampant in parts of the country is because that is all they know. They don't know that if they stay in school and get good grades there are jobs right out of high school that pay really well. But I guess just killing everyone and not working towards a solution is a great idea as well, its also easier and a lot more F-U-N for everyone!

I work in Gangland USA, Homie. You're lost in a dream-world. Gangs are a contagion that can only be cured through radical treatment.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 05:36 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45733 wrote:
I advocate open public warfare against America's gangs. Gangsters should be hunted down and shot on sight.

So i guess a fair trial isn't something that is important to you? :dunno:
Drakej

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 08:56 pm
@mlurp,
Well then use that to your advantage. Take this as an opportunity to make a difference. Or at least try to. That is a defeatist attitude you harbor Pinochet. I refuse to believe that we are lost and that we are powerless to change our environment. Maybe we need more people that "live in a dream world" homie. If you get to the kids before they know what a gang is and give them another opportunity then maybe we can remove there recruitment pool. You are okay with staying the course in the middle east but you want to give up at home?
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 09:10 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45767 wrote:
So i guess a fair trial isn't something that is important to you? :dunno:

In the case of gangs and AQ, nope. Just bullets and shallow graves.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 09:13 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45810 wrote:

and one day the favor will be returned! you're a hypocrite, and I hope you will see the fallacy of discriminatory justice!
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 09:13 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;45799 wrote:
Well then use that to your advantage. Take this as an opportunity to make a difference. Or at least try to. That is a defeatist attitude you harbor Pinochet. I refuse to believe that we are lost and that we are powerless to change our environment. Maybe we need more people that "live in a dream world" homie. If you get to the kids before they know what a gang is and give them another opportunity then maybe we can remove there recruitment pool. You are okay with staying the course in the middle east but you want to give up at home?

Few worker harder at getting through to kids than I. Much of my commentary is stream-blowing, but I'm disgusted to my bones with gangster culture. It's purely evil.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 09:15 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45811 wrote:
and one day the favor will be returned! you're a hypocrite, and I hope you will see the fallacy of discriminatory justice!

I believe in America and Western Civilization. You don't. End of discussion.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 09:20 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45813 wrote:
I believe in America and Western Civilization. You don't. End of discussion.

I believe in the constitution. You don't! End of discussion.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 02:01 am
@mlurp,
I agree with you on the fact that gang's are of zero use to us in society. What are some of the things that you have done? Spokane is not running rampant with gangs but we do have them. In your area are there outreach programs to inner city youths? I am talking about grade school kids not secondary and high school kids because honestly by that point it is to late.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 03:31 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;45854 wrote:
I agree with you on the fact that gang's are of zero use to us in society. What are some of the things that you have done? Spokane is not running rampant with gangs but we do have them. In your area are there outreach programs to inner city youths? I am talking about grade school kids not secondary and high school kids because honestly by that point it is to late.

No, there isn't much being done down here. We're big, but poor, because most migrants into our area are the impoverished from Mexico or Louisiana. So, public services fall way, way short. For example, there's no effective speed limit in Texas. You can usually drive as fast as you want to, inside or outside of town. It doesn't matter. There aren't enough cops to watch traffic. It doesn't matter. Anarchy is the rule. If you want a preview of America in the 22nd Century, come to south Texas.:no:
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 03:34 pm
@mlurp,
So what are the tax payers of Texas doing about it? Are the writing there elected officials and demanding that something be done about it? Are they paying just all little more in taxes to get a few more stater's on the road? My guess is no, they are not doing there part to create a better state. They are simply hanging there heads and laying down like a beaten dog.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 05:16 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45810 wrote:

The severity of the crime does not determine the innocence or guilt of an idividual! This is the reason all defendants are given a fair trial and are considered innocent untill proven guilty!

in 1692 in salem massachusetts 29 people were convicted of being witches and 19 hanged and 1 was crushed by a boulder, yet over 150 people were accused and/or imprisoned, the convicted were considered guilty untill proven innocent (opposite of today) and were not afford counsil (lawyer) because of the severity of their crime, history shows us that innocent people die when justice is not afforded equally to all people convicted!
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 08:57 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46033 wrote:
The severity of the crime does not determine the innocence or guilt of an idividual! This is the reason all defendants are given a fair trial and are considered innocent untill proven guilty!

in 1692 in salem massachusetts 29 people were convicted of being witches and 19 hanged and 1 was crushed by a boulder, yet over 150 people were accused and/or imprisoned, the convicted were considered guilty untill proven innocent (opposite of today) and were not afford counsil (lawyer) because of the severity of their crime, history shows us that innocent people die when justice is not afforded equally to all people convicted!

In war, the enemy must die.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 08:59 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;46302 wrote:
In war, the enemy must die.

Just as i suspected, there is no intelligent reasoning behind your actions or beliefs just raw emotion! Very Happy
Drakej

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 12:42 am
@mlurp,
So you are saying the Salem Witch Trials was actually a war? I am confused now.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 01:27 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;46304 wrote:
Just as i suspected, there is no intelligent reasoning behind your actions or beliefs just raw emotion! Very Happy

You're whack, G.:banana: