Remember Theodore Roosevelt, 1919

mlurp

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 05:36 pm
I recall this and believe in it. That simple and direct. So call me what ever and shout, yell and name call but it was true back then and should be the basis of todays legal immigrant. Or leave!!!!!!!!!! Now about the illegals. Track them down and get them out of the U.S. They can apply through the process at the boarder crossings we made. And change the law to reflect that all born here are U.S. Citizens if their parents are in the legal process or already U.S. Citizens. Simple and correct.

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

--Theodore Roosevelt, 1919
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 828 • Replies: 2
No top replies

wvpeach

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 09:29 pm
@mlurp,
I like Teddy he was a good president. And I agree with his premise that the US should come first if you call it your homeland.

It would be easy to get rid of the illegals , just go after the employers , hard, stiff fines payable yesterday! Repeat offenders get jail time and the business gets liquidated. Presto no more illegal problem.

And we'd create some great jobs for awhile enforcing this.

But the powers that be in this country want the illegals , they want slave labor, with no benefits. In fact they want all of us to work for slave wages. So unless we revolt I do not see the illegal problem ever going away. In fact it will get much worse.

Just last year Bush proposed that we should let 300,000 a year in legally from mexico. But the legislation had loopholes in which they could let up to 2 million in if they could process the paper work fast enough. They estimated if Bush's legislation went through we'd nearly double the population in the US in 12 years.
mlurp

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 08:20 pm
@wvpeach,
I agree wvpeach. Our leaders are following a policy that doesn't include the average American. In fact with enough time America won't be. NATO wants a NWO and so do many of our elite. But first they need to take our guns away.
0 Replies